el capitan (public beta) & logic X...

fisherking

fisherking - Yes, I understand that the GM is now released; just defending your broader points. :-)

But it will be the September 30th release that will be the real benchmark, and I just won't that the leap until NI makes it official. But the hope is that it'll do a better job with having the compatibility issues addressed and fixed in time for the 9/30 launch date.

And no doubt the developers are all beginning to test with it but I still maintain that until the official release, and arguably a month after, nobody should judge them as somehow negligent if their software is not compatible.

Flies in the face of the prevailing cultural ethos of "I want what I want and I want it now."

I don't know man. I ALWAYS wait a day or two to upgrade logic to see if there are any problems. I never would have thought that for os x unless it was some kind of fundamental jump. For example, 32 bit to 64 bit, the jump to intel etc.

I installed the gm as I signed up for the beta but never took part in it until the gm release. I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

This is my solution and it really only seems to be the option that works: install yosemite on an external drive and wait for a fix from apple.

This has to be apple as all native plug-ins work fine in garageband in el capitan.

I did this as well and now (like a lot of you) I am totally screwed. I purchased another external drive hoping to restore from time machine after installing yosemite to it but nope, time machine is considered a newer version now and won't do it. Same thing with migration assistant.

I literally don't know what to do at this point. Native instruments is vital for a lot of us and the thought of re-installing-everything is just unfathomable to me at this point. By the time I'm finished and everything is back to normal I fear I might actually lose some jobs I'm working on.

I've said it before, in all the time I've used logic and upgraded os's (gm's only, I waited until el capitan went GM) I've never experienced anything like this. The fact that there is no real solution other than to basically wipe everything and start from scratch is just jaw droopingly insane I just can't wrap my head around it. I'm not in panic mode yet but alarm bells are ringing. in another 24 hours I'm going to be hitting the roof.

One things for sure, I will NEVER do something like this again. Before I waited to update logic. Now, I'm going to wait to update anything until it's been verified by everyone.

One things for sure, I will NEVER do something like this again. Before I waited to update logic. Now, I'm going to wait to update anything until it's been verified by everyone.

greetings to all!

here's how this problem was handled:

1. I created a small partition (60GB) on an external HDD

- downloaded and installed Mavericks system

-installed on it LPX (10.2.0)

-installed NI kontakt/Massive/Battery 4

-test the functionality

- all OK

2. I created a new folder (FIX) in Mavericks and put in the following:

- components NI kontakt/Massive/Battery 4

-NI kontakt VST/Massive/Battery 4

user/library/caches folder AudioUnitCache

-HD/library/caches file: com.apple.Components2.LocalCache.AudioComponents

3.I returned to El Capitan GM and replaced all the files with the files from the folder (FIX)

Good luck to everyone!

greetings to all!

here's how this problem was handled:

-test the functionality

- all OK

3.I returned to El Capitan GM and replaced all the files with the files from the folder (FIX)

Good luck to everyone!

brilliant!

Why does anyone want to put themselves through this just to have the new shiny OS on the day it is released or even before?

Will it improve your music? No. Will it improve your DAW's performance? If so, only marginally. Will it make you more money, get you a better looking partner, improve your quality of life? No.

I will install it on the day after the companies themselves AND a bunch of knowledgeable users all assure me that Logic Pro, EW Play, Kontakt, Vienna Ensemble Pro, iLok, E-Licenser, Best Service Engine, UVI, Spectrasonics and Arturia instruments, and the UAD plug-ins ALL are working fine.

Byt hey, I guess that is just me :)

Why does anyone want to put themselves through this just to have the new shiny OS on the day it is released or even before?

Will it improve your music? No. Will it improve your DAW's performance? If so, only marginally. Will it make you more money, get you a better looking partner, improve your quality of life? No.

I will install it on the day after the companies themselves AND a bunch of knowledgeable users all assure me that Logic Pro, EW Play, Kontakt, Vienna Ensemble Pro, iLok, E-Licenser, Best Service Engine, UVI, Spectrasonics and Arturia instruments, and the UAD plug-ins ALL are working fine.

each of us has our own needs, our own methods. whatever works for you...is definitely the way to go. i like the challenge of a new OS, or an app update...and i like discovering new features, new options. and i like troubleshooting. but that's just me. :mrgreen:

See, now you're just rubbing it in man. You don't think we feel like we pressed the idiot button when we hit install?

For my part, I'm in the middle of an album project for bmg and two sound design projects for a couple of hardware manufactures. I feel like a total idiot for doing this. No way am I telling my clients what happened.

We are all adults here for the most part yeah? Opining about how silly we are for glaring at shiny things adds nothing. To say that we've learned our lesson the hard way (at least for me) is the understatement of the year.

I see. Do you do this for a living? Do you lose work/money when things don't work?

If not, maybe that is the difference.

really, it's time to let it go. we all do what we choose to do...and, by extension, have to accept the consequences. i do this for a living. am currently mixing an EP for a female rapper, and a remix album for a singer. am at my mac too much of the time...but am not complaining. and when i have an issue, i resolve it, or find a workaround.

but i like updating. so, let me do things my way, and i'll accept responsibility. and you can do the same. then we're both doing well. 8)

Honestly, just trying to see it through your eyes but it bewilders me.

for me, it's fun and challenging to dive into the 'new', and when it involves troubleshooting, my brain enjoys it (well, sometimes). then again, i replace synth plugins regularly with new ones. i like being challenged (and think my work benefits from it).

one of my collaborators is still on 10.6.8, and logic 9, and he's happy. we each get our work done. really, what else matters?

Honestly, just trying to see it through your eyes but it bewilders me.

for me, it's fun and challenging to dive into the 'new', and when it involves troubleshooting, my brain enjoys it (well, sometimes). then again, i replace synth plugins regularly with new ones. i like being challenged (and think my work benefits from it).

one of my collaborators is still on 10.6.8, and logic 9, and he's happy. we each get our work done. really, what else matters?

i get that, I really do, but when it comes to potentially effing up things I use daily to make a living, I have to pass.

I did this as well and now (like a lot of you) I am totally screwed.

Have you tried the workaround provided by "scarletcuon":

-test the functionality

- all OK

3.I returned to El Capitan GM and replaced all the files with the files from the folder (FIX)?

I did this as well and now (like a lot of you) I am totally screwed.

Have you tried the workaround provided by "scarletcuon":

-test the functionality

- all OK

3.I returned to El Capitan GM and replaced all the files with the files from the folder (FIX)?

yup, doing that as I type this. will let you know how it works out.

No, I used Yosemite and it works like a charm. I took every plugin out except for the ni stuff and took pictures of the ones that did validate. Hive, serum, stutter edit are fine. Break tweaker and ozone 6 don't work.

I plan on adding the good ones back.

I took every plugin out except for the ni stuff and took pictures of the ones that did validate. Hive, serum, stutter edit are fine. Break tweaker and ozone 6 don't work.

I had to re-validate some of my other plugins but once I did that, every single one of my plugins are now working fine again :D I don't own Ozone 6... my Ozone 5 and my other iZotope plugins (Alloy 2 and Trash 2) have always been working perfectly in El Capitan.