el capitan (public beta) & logic X...

fisherking

Here's the code. I have tried reinstall the Logic but without luck.

I am quite sure it's not the plugin problem since it works fine with Garageband.

Can anyone help :( ?

Ok, looks like we're not the only ones experiencing auvaltool crashes. I read this just now:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/os-x-10-11-el-capitan-beta-do-not-install.260781/

Last month was one of those rare times when trying an OS X beta bit me in the ass. Logic was working fine, except that it wasn't able to validate a few third-party AUs. The most important were those by Native Instruments. I have Maschine, and I was learning to use both Massive and FM8. When none of them validated, and found on NI's support site that it's yet to support it, I had to wipe my Macbook Pro and refresh. At least I was able to backup my data files, and that refresh resulted in much less clutter.

Got an email from Apple that the Gold Master (GM) Candidate of the El Capitan beta has been release. For those of you brave enough to try it, I'd be interested to know whether or not the NI validation issue has been addressed.

Thanks!

Once again guys, it is simply not reasonable to demand N.I. or any other developer to support an not yet released OS.

10.11 was released to the developers and beta testers officially this week, so...it IS out (at least for those of us who worked our way thru the betas). otherwise...sept. 30. but still, NI should help, this is their issue (i know that here, EVERY other plugin is now working). and people have had these issues in prior OS's with NI...

Perfect example of where a factually correct statement may be incorrect because of information that is missing.

My advice to people is to give the developers a break until the OS is actually in general release.

Just my opinion of course.

seriously, why would anyone assume that i meant that EVERY AU plugin in the world now works well? 8)

anyway, the GM release IS the final release. there will, as always, be incremental updates, but this is 10.11.

And no doubt the developers are all beginning to test with it but I still maintain that until the official release, and arguably a month after, nobody should judge them as somehow negligent if their software is not compatible.

Flies in the face of the prevailing cultural ethos of "I want what I want and I want it now."

ya iLok does not work. Have self control (unlike me and some others) and just wait until late Sept. for final El Capitan version. Hopefully the next beta will fix things....I cant work on any music now. Maybe it's time to actually get out and get some exercise for once... :) Edited by emperor12

And no doubt the developers are all beginning to test with it but I still maintain that until the official release, and arguably a month after, nobody should judge them as somehow negligent if their software is not compatible.

Flies in the face of the prevailing cultural ethos of "I want what I want and I want it now."

developers have (mostly) been involved since developer beta 1... either way, this is the GM release, and NI needs to deal with it asap... so that, by sept 30, it doesn't mess up everyone who updates. that's the point of the early developer releases. besides, NI users have had these issues before. so, for their NI's own benefit, they should be on this NOW.

just my humble opinion, of course. meanwhile, for me, all my apps are working (and yes, am somewhat surprised...).

Edited by fisherking

Yes, I second the opinion that NI needs to deal. We have no idea if it has been dealing and fixing, but historically it's been behind the curve when it comes to Mac OS compatibility when the OS is officially released. I've experienced it with Traktor several times, and I've seen threads from users of other NI products that have missed the release date.

So yes, we should give a company enough space to fix its issues during beta testing. Just don't leave folks out in the cold when the official OS is released, only to have users lose access to NI's software because it hasn't done due diligence during the beta testing period. Perhaps it, too, is waiting for a GM release to test it. Given its history, maybe it should start its testing earlier.

My twos..

BTW apparently Arturia plugs and iLok are still problematic so boo hoo for the instant gratification demanders.

not sure what an 'instant gratification demander' is, but... i enjoy testing new OSX versions, troubleshooting (when needed), and moving forward. Spark 2 (my only arturia plugin) is working fine ('fine', as in, no worse than it worked in yosemite, etc).

"Man, how would you guys have survived back when Digidesign used to take up to six months to qualify a new OS?"

i dunno, but it's 2015, and am enjoying being in the present. :mrgreen:

velanche, this IS the GM...

"Man, how would you guys have survived back when Digidesign used to take up to six months to qualify a new OS?."

One thing if you're told of a time window, and another when you're not. NI hasn't always been the most forthcoming, but this is a truism of a lot of software companies. Just speaking from previous experience. And from what I've read about Digidesign, it's no longer its own company; it wasn't immune to degrading customer satisfaction, and then Avid bought it.

I could go further down that rabbit hole, except to say that other than one time that I did had to deal with it, I'm glad that I didn't had to.