Logic Pro X - 10.2 is out

B_Stone

The one thing I really wanted is not here. The ability for logic to finally recognize MIDI data coming out of an AU. So that NI maschine is actually practically usable for recording pads directly into logic's piano roll and not into maschine's patterns. I'm not holding my breath and ever expecting them to fix this, it's actually worth switching to cubase over. I wish there were some workaround.

lol

custom icons from......Jpegs! Just grab a jpeg and use it. I haven't tried a bunch of different sizes yet though.

Great way to document sessions and tracking rigs by just taking pics and creating custom icons.

What mic and position did I use? Take a pic.

I did just send Logic Feedback requesting the addition of folders in the Custom Icons area so it's easier to organize.

I also thanked them for the hard work on such a great new update!

i've never really used logic's synths, but...will def use Alchemy. funny, too, that i used to own it; sold my license 2-3 years ago. but, playing with it today, and...it's really nice. and good to see fixes/new features. AND...in the el capitan beta...everything (so far) is running beautifully. bravo!

And ... That's it . Just recovered the original MAressource file and the power button is there !

But I miss my custom light grey look :evil: :mrgreen:

It should be easy to modify, if you want to try it yourself: https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/how-to-make-a-custom-grey-light-mod-in-10-2/

I haven't downloaded 10.2. yet, but when I have time, this will be the first mod I put on the blog.

"The Physical Input object in the environment now displays each port’s device name, as well as the port number."

Finally... :D

The Physical Input object looks super neat in the new version.

Cool! Looking forward to checking that out! :D

J.

But it still cannot physically input from an AU?

lol

It is becoming pretty apparent that the focus is now almost wholly on attracting EDM and GarageBand updaters. I understand the choices based on demographics, potential Mac buyers, etc. but as a more traditional composer/musician, I would be lying if I said that is where I wished the focus would be.

Hi Jay,

I think that previous releases featured a lot of "West Coast" content - think Apple Loop libraries and the initial Drummers. The addition of more "European" library/new Drummers/Drum Machine Designer etc. reflects both the change in American musical taste, but also the whole "DJ/Producer" thing.

As far as traditional composition goes - I think 10.2 brings a lot of useful tools / improvements to the table - sample reverse, enhanced piano roll etc. - but most importantly - Alchemy.

It is an extremely useful tool for sound design. Spend a solid fortnight with it and you'll find how handy it is for soundtrack work. It can do weird soundcsapes, endlessly evolving stuff, foley FX, and for traditional libraries - strings and so on - it provides an amazingly flexible/easy to map modulation scheme that facilitates all kinds of articulations - even if they aren't in the original sample library.

It has become my "go to" instrument because it's so fast to work with.

Anyone else notice this little gem:

- Adds support for Force Touch trackpad

Seems like a Force Touch trackpad is indeed on the way.

Nah, I think this is referring to the newer Mac laptops with the Force Touch feature. But as an avid Magic Trackpad user, I would LOVE for Apple to release a Force Touch Magic Trackpad!

Oh and YAY for 10.2! :D

The one thing I really wanted is not here. The ability for logic to finally recognize MIDI data coming out of an AU. So that NI maschine is actually practically usable for recording pads directly into logic's piano roll and not into maschine's patterns. I'm not holding my breath and ever expecting them to fix this, it's actually worth switching to cubase over. I wish there were some workaround.

lol

I might be misunderstanding but if you set the midi input in Machine to active (in the group input section) and turn your controller to midi mode you can record into Logic and trigger your Machine.

I cannot find the Gobbler option though??

1. Install the latest Gobbler client software: https://www.gobbler.com

2. In Logic Pro X, select File > Gobbler > Sign in to Gobbler

3. Then - File > Share > Song / Project to Gobbler

4. And - File > Project Settings > Assets > Backup Project to Gobbler

:D

Edited by Simon Morrison

I wonder if this is a bug you who have updated can confirm:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/logic-pro-x/1027156-logic-pro-x-10-2-issues.html#post11287416

As above, it doesn't update the Q menu value onscreen, but you need to select events/choose a value/press Q button etc. before it is applied....so I'm not sure what the poster on GS is doing.

Anybody noticed that the width of the channel strips in the Mixer is smaller, even when the "bigger" setting is selected? For example, when I put a UAD 1176 on an insert, I used to see UAD UA 1176. Now, the 6 is missing. Same with the Ext Inst plugin, it's not written as it used to be.

Blink

Any big problems so far? I saw a vague posting on The Gear Page about a problem with MIDI quantization, but haven't seen any details yet.

Edit: here's the link to the original post, on Gear Slutz:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/logic-pro-x/1027156-logic-pro-x-10-2-issues.html

Edited by Brew.Drink.Repeat.