Logic Pro X - 10.2 is out

B_Stone

It's seems that there is no way to create a short cut to play a selection of an audio region ( Audio editor )

to replace the mouse clic on the speaker button like that :

Play/Stop Selection : Control - Space bar.

Damn! I wish I asked that question a few months ago. I've developed RSI clicking that blasted speaker icon! :)

Please feel free to share any other little known shortcuts with us Eric :)

Speaking of Alchemy manual, anyone knows where to find it (pdf ideally) ?

Speaking of manuals, I wonder when Apple will update those? It seems the posted ones are dating form 2013...

LPX Help

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.2/?lang=en

Insts Help

http://help.apple.com/logicpro-instruments/mac/10.2/?lang=en

FX Help

http://help.apple.com/logicpro-effects/mac/10.2/?lang=en

ePub versions are available in the iBooks Store

Last release date I see at the iBook Store is January 22, 2015.

Someone please tell me they fixed this bug?

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=114141

It's driving me crazy.

That was actually a bug fix. :shock:

I hope not. I have to redo my zooming manually roughly 200-300 times a day. It's literally driving me crazy. How can this be a fix?

There is absolutely no point in the existing system, it defies all logic (no pun intended).

Bug report

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=114141 (new)

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=587557#p587557

My rant/explanation:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115834

Edited by lagerfeldt

That was actually a bug fix. :shock:

I hope not, it's totally broken now.

I know. But it was a fix. It was actually listed in the 10.1 release notes:

261957507_ScreenShot2015-08-26at3_14_22PM.png.4c294d3cd77ee362dd835282a061e89b.png

There is absolutely no point in the existing system, it defies all logic (no pun intended).

I agree. It was just a horrible bug fix which made the problem worse than it was before.

Do the Zoom Level 1,2,3 key commands not fit your worklflow?

Could you use these, rather than the Zoom tool?

Personally, the level 1,2,3 key commands do not help my workflow. They do for repetitive tasks, but in my day to day production, I don't use them that much, because I constantly need different zoom levels.

I agree with Holger that the Zoom tool really needs to be fixed. I never noticed the issue that they fixed in 10.1, but I certainly notice that the Zoom tool no longer zooms on what I select.

In the new version of Alchemy I see someone said you can get your old expansion banks through the browser, legacy.... something. Does this mean that you can't browse all of your presets at once? Like let's say I want to select a tag like pads and then see all of my pads from factory, Camel expansions and third party presets. Possible?

Bad news about the Patchpool stuff not working. I own most of it.

Has there been any definitive info on what the 14 gigs is exactly? Is everything from 1.5's factory library included? Are some of the old expansions included, or just parts? Some complete expansions, some not at all?

I can't update for a week or so which is fine. Hope to know more before I do.

Thanks

PS - Does anyone know if they fixed the issue when triggering tempo synced synths or loops where if that track is not selected it won't sync if you playback anywhere but at the start of a note. Example - you have a single midi note recorded from bar 1 to 4 triggering a drum loop. If that track is selected and you start playback at bar 2 or 3, it will sync. If you have another track selected, it will not. This drives me mad. I've reported it, spoken to and demonstrated it to a senior logic tech (he confirmed this behavior on his end), but nothing ever came of it. It happens with arpeggiated synths as well. I do hope they have addressed this.

I'm pretty sure the iBook Store version is current - despite the date.

Click "Get Sample", then view it....this should show the first few pages of the Alchemy chapter.

If so, download the full book.

That's the date I saw but the books were marked for update, it didn’t work though.

I deleted the books and re-downloaded them to get the new versions.

Thanx, but for any reason this combination don't work here.

Probably because I use it somewhere in the finder.

Anyway, I've just set another key to this fonction witch is working now as expected ;)

Okay, I found the culprit : A shortcut in the Finder about Keyboard selection ( that I don't use ), using cmd-Space bar.

Now this short cut work in LPX .

I realize you speak about Control-Space bar.

I prefer Cmd-Space bar.

Ok, tack Eric!

Anyone have any tips for a solution?

Did you try to abort the process, restart and launch LPX again?

Thanks for your input.

I found the solution to my problem.

I removed the file Alchemy_Preset_Ratings_And_Tags.db from User/Library/Application Support/Logic

After that the library refresh started over and completed within 30 seconds.

I'm pretty sure the iBook Store version is current - despite the date.

Click "Get Sample", then view it....this should show the first few pages of the Alchemy chapter.

If so, download the full book.

That's the date I saw but the books were marked for update, it didn’t work though.

I deleted the books and re-downloaded them to get the new versions.

I tried to download it into my iPad, (which was giving me an update message in iBooks there), but it wouldn't update. I'll try deleting the old one, thanks.

Ok, tack Eric!

Anyone have any tips for a solution?

I had that too.

When I tried for a new ReFresh, it gave me a warning that "refresh was in progress" so I backed off.

I waited some more, then did a new refresh anyway and then it finally finished.

Note; I thought I might see additional presets but they seemed the same but it seems to be working OK now.

Just discovered an undocumented change in AUX metering:

• Prior to LPX 10.2.0, when setting an AUX output to "No Out", the metering was output level, post fader.

• In LPX 10.2.0, the metering is INPUT level for a no-output AUX. The volume fader has no effect.

That's not just for Auxes, that's true for a normal track as well.