Logic Pro X - 10.2 is out

B_Stone

It's seems that there is no way to create a short cut to play a selection of an audio region ( Audio editor )

to replace the mouse clic on the speaker button like that :

Play/Stop Selection : Control - Space bar.

Thanx, but for any reason this combination don't work here.

Probably because I use it somewhere in the finder.

Anyway, I've just set another key to this fonction witch is working now as expected ;)

Alchemy is definitely not the easy synth, if you want to dwelve into sounddesign. I wonder how different it is from my "original" Alchemy and which sounds (packs) are included.

It's Alchemy 2, essentially, so it's the Alchemy you already know, with improvements to the engines and GUI, and content which seems to be most of the old content, possibly tweaked a bit... haven't managed to compare yet, still downloading content...

It sounds like the Alchemy 1 to 2 upgrade is not going to be totally smooth for those trying to use legacy patches, especially created by third party developers. Simon Stockhausen, creator of the Alchemistry series, Warped Strings and many others, is reporting that many--but not all--of his patches are not sounding at all as expected with Alc2. Parameter assignments and filter resonance levels are changed, saved snapshots aren't right... Sound familiar? Like, almost exactly what happened with Izotope's Iris when it went to Iris 2, just a few months ago? What a pain for dedicated devs like Simon. He has been laboriously converting old Iris 1 patches for Iris 2, but it means going "back to the drawing board" and rebuilding them from the ground up. I myself didn't upgrade to Iris 2. I'm sure I will go to 10.2, but wonder if I'll keep using Alc1 instead of Alc2...

I'm sure I will go to 10.2, but wonder if I'll keep using Alc1 instead of Alc2...

I'll probably use both for now - one thing is that I spent a *lot* of time rating the presets in Alchemy 1.55, all 4,000+ of them that I have, and those ratings do not show up in the new Alchemy - meaning I'd have to do it all over again unless I can find an easy way of syncing the ratings somehow.

Edit: It looks like the new content does include *some* of the patches that were in previous expansions, but not all.

I've been going through a few expansions from Alchemy 1 and seeing whether those patches are in Alchemy 2, and some I'm finding, and some I'm not (they could be renamed of course).

My *guess* would be that in going through the content they were going to include in Logic, they took a selection of the best patches from the factory library and the various expansions, and also created a new bunch of patches using some newer features, and that's the included content now in Alchemy 2.

Edited by des99

When I click on the ruler at the top to pick a different playback location I used to see the playhead line but now I see those 2 little triangles instead, any idea why?? can I change it back to the way it was before update?? it's kinda annoying visually :)

gprok :D

When I click on the ruler at the top to pick a different playback location I used to see the playhead line but now I see those 2 little triangles instead, any idea why?? can I change it back to the way it was before update?? it's kinda annoying visually :)

Just move the mouse a little higher over the playhead area and and the usual pointer will show up!

Just move the mouse a little higher over the playhead area and and the usual pointer will show up!

I know but I have to lower it down again to select a new playhead position, I can see the pointer going higher like you mentioned but can't click to make it move somewhere else on the ruler :)

thanks anyway!!!

Gprok