LPX 10.3.2 is out

CCTMusic

No one in particular. I just find it ridiculous when there are people saying they work in Logic daily, at a professional level, but have modest systems and peripherals. If it works for them, great, but I honestly don't see how they can pull off high level work and then blame Apple for their lack of productivity, etc. As for yourself, not sure if you're actually an audio engineer (whatever that means), but running an i5 with 8GB Ram these days is a fart in the wind.

you mean, the work one does isn't important, but the specs of one's setup is? so 'pro' is not based on the quality of someone's work, but the 'quality' of their setup? that's a sad thought. i mean, i work on a 13" macbook pro, with tiny eve-audio sc203s (i do also have expensive 'pro' headphones), and a 2-octave cme keyboard. and do quite well. am i pro? does the 16GB of ram make that true? or is it cancelled out by the rest of the setup?

What I'm saying is, pro (to me) means that you earn some sort of income from your work. If you guys are earning an income from your setups, I commend you. I have no idea what you guys are doing professionally, so that's my fault for assuming, but in my line of work, I need a minimum spec to achieve the desired results (scoring to picture, voice-overs, live recordings for small bands etc). If you can work professionally with your system, that is wonderful.

you mean, the work one does isn't important, but the specs of one's setup is? so 'pro' is not based on the quality of someone's work, but the 'quality' of their setup? that's a sad thought. i mean, i work on a 13" macbook pro, with tiny eve-audio sc203s (i do also have expensive 'pro' headphones), and a 2-octave cme keyboard. and do quite well. am i pro? does the 16GB of ram make that true? or is it cancelled out by the rest of the setup?

What I'm saying is, pro (to me) means that you earn some sort of income from your work. If you guys are earning an income from your setups, I commend you. I have no idea what you guys are doing professionally, so that's my fault for assuming, but in my line of work, I need a minimum spec to achieve the desired results (scoring to picture, voice-overs, live recordings for small bands etc). If you can work professionally with your system, that is wonderful.

then all is well. 

outside of the 'real' studio (where we do vocals), i do post-production and mixing (and remixes) on a 13" macbook pro, with tiny eve-audio monitors, some expensive AKG headphones (& an apogee groove)... and a cme xkey25 (i mostly make my own tracks). just no vocal recording here. am mobile, and everything works. and i have a collab with a humbler setup, who does really well... because he knows his system, and is seriously talented... which is the bottom line.

I'm getting a strange issue with a current project in 10.3.2 - the mixer has become 'small' and I can't vertically stretch out the mixer pane to see the whole thing. I can change screen sets and then make that one look how I want, but the mixer invariably ends up 'snapping' back to this size. I can scroll around the mixer, but it's very frustrating.

I've also encountered this intermittent issue quite a few times in various projects since the 10.3.2 update.

Some of the graphics elsewhere seem a bit quirky too (e.g., Step Editor not updating to display the contents of the currently selected region). However, selecting the Step Editor's Lane showing the incorrect content forces a re-draw which then correctly displays the contents of the currently selected region. Different issue, but graphics related.

I'm getting a strange issue with a current project in 10.3.2 - the mixer has become 'small' and I can't vertically stretch out the mixer pane to see the whole thing. I can change screen sets and then make that one look how I want, but the mixer invariably ends up 'snapping' back to this size. I can scroll around the mixer, but it's very frustrating.

The project isn't new, so it's been through a few iterations of Logic. Doesn't seem to happen to any other projects I've tried so far, but I've mainly been working on this one since 10.3.2 came out.

Yes, I know this project is very messy!  :lol:

Same here, working on a 62 tracks project...

The project isn't new, so it's been through a few iterations of Logic. Doesn't seem to happen to any other projects I've tried so far, but I've mainly been working on this one since 10.3.2 came out.

Yes, I know this project is very messy!  :lol:

Oooh mini mixer! That would be nice if you could er... choose when or not to use it...

NO, Logic Does not support realtime fade, please watch that video start 4:35 minute. 

when When the fade is done, Waveform envelope graphic is changing simultaneously with reaper or other..

also reaper include fade type right clik choose fade type.

Edited by stpro

Watch your videos carefully, When doing the fade All waveform graphics are changing sample envelope GUI . I want to fade like this with logic

Can do all fade operations logic (without key command fade in and fade out ) but i think real problem, Because wafevorm graphics have not changed therefore Fade in and fade out confusing. I have been waiting since from 10.2 but  Yet background graphic supported fade did not come, Hope will Included in the next update

Well there's a pros and cons to the graphic representation of the waveform changing, as Logic shows the fade as a graphical overlay you can see 'where' the fade is, but you also get a full view of the waveform, which is useful in determining where a fade comes in, or should you want to copy that section to another part of the project.

Fade Graphics are changing in all pro daw (Magix Sequoia and Samplitude Pro - Merging Pyramix- Protools 12 and 12 HD- Cubase Pro 9 also more) without Logic , I do not understand why they did this, but I hope they will still do it future..

I have been writing for 4 years, but they have not been added yet , I hope they hear (logic team)  my voice. 

I've sent a bug report via Logic Feedback form and surprisingly they contacted me back asking to provide more details to reproduce the bug. So i can 100% say they hear our feedback.

i've heard from apple a couple of times, after posting beta feedback in email. and once, this turned into several phone calls and apple screen-sharing. they're out there; i guess they periodically catch certain things. it must be insane tho, the amount of beta feedback, os requests, etc...

What was the feedback they contacted you about?

then all is well. 

outside of the 'real' studio (where we do vocals), i do post-production and mixing (and remixes) on a 13" macbook pro, with tiny eve-audio monitors, some expensive AKG headphones (& an apogee groove)... and a cme xkey25 (i mostly make my own tracks). just no vocal recording here. am mobile, and everything works. and i have a collab with a humbler setup, who does really well... because he knows his system, and is seriously talented... which is the bottom line.

Incidentally, I'm looking for a smaller set of monitors for A/B comparisons. If you don't mind me asking, what is the model of those Eve's? I'll check them out.