LPX 10.3.2 is out

CCTMusic

Yeah this feature only seems to work in the Inspector for me too... not in the Mixer. Bummer...

Thanks for confirming... this is kinda strange. Why such a difference? Or is it just a mere bug? 

Not sure actually... I thought that it was some weird setting related thing with my Magic Trackpad 2. I have quite a few custom gestures set up so I thought I was the problem. I initially only tested the feature in the Mixer and got frustrated when nothing was working. I was quite relived to see it working in the Inspector after seeing your post. But yeah.. time to report..

It is now possible to adjust either the pan or spread position of a Stereo Panner using a mouse or swipe gesture on a Magic Mouse, or two-finger swipe on a track pad

Does this work for you in the mixer window? 

For me it only works in the Inspector. The same for the fader. 

I have a Logitec mouse, but can that be the cause, because it works in the inspector. 

This also works for the send level in the inspector.  I'm guessing that the reason it's not implemented (not a bug) in the mixer is that the mixer window can scroll and the inspector panel doesn't scroll.

Guys, I have a HUGE issue with this update. GUI is flying, but this is just a showstopper.

MIDI recordings appear late - MUCH late, like more than half a beat! I don't know what is going on, is there a setting I accidentally changed or something SMPTE-related that could cause this? It's really strange, look at this - notes were recorded in time of the metronome to the beat, and see how they appear:

Regions appear at the right place in Arrange window, but placement in the piano roll is screwed up - you can see the bar number start is screwed compared to the musical grid below.

1434950398_ScreenShot2017-07-21at13_04_17.png.25313203ed151dffbb72b90fd503a493.png

829501400_ScreenShot2017-07-21at13_03_48.png.ae17b32c4c51d06e324570fce03d0ab8.png

Does this work for you in the mixer window? 

For me it only works in the Inspector. The same for the fader. 

I have a Logitec mouse, but can that be the cause, because it works in the inspector. 

This also works for the send level in the inspector.  I'm guessing that the reason it's not implemented (not a bug) in the mixer is that the mixer window can scroll and the inspector panel doesn't scroll.

I also realized it doesn't work in the inspector if there is a scroll bar. To get that open one of the sub menus like 'Region' and make sure you have a "tall" mixer channel strip (lotsa plugins). Then try to manipulate pan, vol or send with the mouse. It will scroll. 

But when the separate mixer window does not have a scroll bar, the mouse still doesn't work with pan, vol and send. 

what i'd like with colors: to be able to pre-determine things, so that, for example, audio files are always blue (every time i bounce in place, i change the new audio file to blue); or to be able to set a color for all regions in a track stack. but, not life&death, am happy the GUI is more responsive on my retina mac, and, so far, everything's stable as could be...

Great idea! I use a template so it solves half of the problem, but still, if I create a new track, I have to change the color again. As you say, not life or death, but it would be a great addition.

Guys, I have a HUGE issue with this update. GUI is flying, but this is just a showstopper.

MIDI recordings appear late - MUCH late, like more than half a beat! I don't know what is going on, is there a setting I accidentally changed or something SMPTE-related that could cause this? It's really strange, look at this - notes were recorded in time of the metronome to the beat, and see how they appear:

Regions appear at the right place in Arrange window, but placement in the piano roll is screwed up - you can see the bar number start is screwed compared to the musical grid below.

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 13.04.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 13.03.48.png

I definitely have had piano roll related problems with this update. As I posted in it's own thread (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132365), clicking on a MIDI region on the arrange window does not open the correct region on the bottom embedded piano roll window. However, it opens the correct region on the separate piano roll window. Anyone dealing with this issue?

Anyone having trouble changing the order of plugins in 10.3.2? I cannot drag a plugin up and place it between existing plugins, i have to drag them all down one by one to make space and then I can drag the bottom plugin to the empty slot. Weird...

Simon, can you give me steps to try to reproduce this?

Adition to above: OK, whatever I record is actually placed at the right spot, musically. But in the piano window it looks delayed, as if the piano roll view is offset in some way. Really, really weird and confusing. Any clues?

Not seeing that here.  Can you post a small example project that has that problem and see if it happens on my system?  Thanks.

I also realized it doesn't work in the inspector if there is a scroll bar. To get that open one of the sub menus like 'Region' and make sure you have a "tall" mixer channel strip (lotsa plugins). Then try to manipulate pan, vol or send with the mouse. It will scroll. 

But when the separate mixer window does not have a scroll bar, the mouse still doesn't work with pan, vol and send. 

As an aside, I have never seen scroll bars in the inspector.  That's always been a sore spot for me -- having to close the Region and/or Track panels to access everything in the inspector's channel strip.  See attachment - no scroll bars

1024194312_ScreenShot2017-07-21at9_39_17AM.thumb.png.ac93a79f74c84216657da6078b2a7807.png1096509101_ScreenShot2017-07-21at9_38_58AM.thumb.png.d457c0be455d96cbe0448f5d0e787630.png

Simon, can you give me steps to try to reproduce this?

Unfortunately not. It seems random. And after working on a project for 20 minutes it stopped happening. Someone over at VI control said he had seen this happen before, so it probably isn't 10.3.2 specific, just a random bug thing. The MIDI is actually recorded right, it just appears wrong. Closing/reopening the piano roll or recalling the current screenset brings everything in order again. Certainly annoying, I hope it won't happen too often in the future :)

As an aside, I have never seen scroll bars in the inspector.  That's always been a sore spot for me -- having to close the Region and/or Track panels to access everything in the inspector's channel strip.  See attachment - no scroll bars

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 9.39.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-21 at 9.38.58 AM.png

Strange, now I also don't have a scroll bar. Probably I was confused by something else :)

It definitely only works in the Inspector. 

Is that new? Or did I miss it from an earlier version...

I just saw that you can show 1 to 3 lines for the track name. That's awesome when you have a little longer names. Doesn't happen often, but at least now I can make the mixer show the full name. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 16.58.14.png

Definitely had that option in 10.3.1, not sure about earlier version though.

Anyone having trouble changing the order of plugins in 10.3.2? I cannot drag a plugin up and place it between existing plugins, i have to drag them all down one by one to make space and then I can drag the bottom plugin to the empty slot. Weird...

it's working fine here... reboot?

Yeah, a few times. I'm thinking that maybe the cause for my troubles with this session is that I started it in the previous version of Logic and did the upgrade midway through it. Maybe a fresh session won't have issues...

Is that new? Or did I miss it from an earlier version...

I just saw that you can show 1 to 3 lines for the track name. That's awesome when you have a little longer names. Doesn't happen often, but at least now I can make the mixer show the full name. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 16.58.14.png

Definitely had that option in 10.3.1, not sure about earlier version though.

Since a long time ;) If I recall, the first LPX ... 

I work similar as Ploki with the automation regions. 

Reaper has some cool stuff, that Logic doesn't. Yes. It's easier to create such shapes. But Region based automation is in Logic since version 8. Since then I use that for looping, stretching, copying, etc. of automation regions. A lot of people doesn't know that. 

On the other hand (as far as I know), Reaper doesn't have Aliases. So after creating your region automation loops, for instance 3 different ones, and after you arranged them, you realize you need to change just a couple automation points. Easy in Logic. Edit the originals and all Aliases will follow. No need of redo the arrangement of the regions. VERY STRONG feature. 

Reaper gets alias for AI, all the modification of an AI is reflected to all the corresponding pooled AI.

For those noting a sonic difference, is it possible that you didn't have the 64-bit summing engine enabled previously?

I am unaware of this? Thanks for the tip. Can you give me a brief rundown? And what is different in this update than before? Thanks!

Also, to add to my previous post, unfortunately, I've noticed a few more crashes than usual. I'm on touchbar MBP, 10.12.6. Ive got the rainbow spinner twice today on a fairly light project using Kontakt with a couple of Spitfire piano libraries, Reaktor, 4 audio tracks with minimal plug-ins. Shouldn't be crashing. No 3rd party effects other than the instruments mentioned.