LPX 10.3.2 is out

CCTMusic

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.49.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.49.57 PM.png

audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG]

still happening in 10.3.2 =(

... I give up.

how long has that been happening? it's not a universal issue (i know i've never seen that). have u started a thread about this?

EDIT: just curious, what happens if you turn snap off?

Am I missing something here?  What happened to left panel of Drummer?

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 8.22.12 PM.png

You have to have the Library opened.

Yeah I really like that they standardized this.. it makes total sense for the menus to be in the Library now.

It's called Alchemy.

Yeah... sadly I think this is the direction the Logic team is going.. I love the EXS24 for its simplicity and efficiency though. Oh well. 

Probably a fake (because taken from MacRumors) but who knows...

"I anticipated an update this week because of previous updates in the third week of July, but think its rather an odd release given that Logic Pro 11 is bound for release very soon. I have a source (close friend) who works in the developmental team for the Logic Pro app and he stated that they are in the final stages of the massive update. From what he tells me, we should be seeing a new native sampler plugin as well as some new native instrument plugins. They have taken a page from Ableton as far audio manipulation and have created new processes to work with. No set date yet for the release, but I'm definitely excited for it."

Yeah... sadly I think this is the direction the Logic team is going.. I love the EXS24 for its simplicity and efficiency though. Oh well. 

"I anticipated an update this week because of previous updates in the third week of July, but think its rather an odd release given that Logic Pro 11 is bound for release very soon. I have a source (close friend) who works in the developmental team for the Logic Pro app and he stated that they are in the final stages of the massive update. From what he tells me, we should be seeing a new native sampler plugin as well as some new native instrument plugins. They have taken a page from Ableton as far audio manipulation and have created new processes to work with. No set date yet for the release, but I'm definitely excited for it."

Time will tell I guess! 

I certainly believe we will see some Ableton like looping arranging, similar to the loop matrix in the latest iOS version of Garageband.

All in all, it's definitely going forward and 10.3.2 is a fabulous update, if it were the GUI response alone.

I certainly believe we will see some Ableton like looping arranging, similar to the loop matrix in the latest iOS version of Garageband.

Absolutely... if Garageband has it Logic will definitely get it too. I honestly thought we would get the Live Loops feature in this update but I guess they're still refining it.

And yeah, the GUI is definitely snappier! 

My bet they don't want just to update EXS24 with a new look. I think they want to implement some new ideas maybe like warping, slicing, realtime looping, scripting...and this will require much more work than just create a new GUI and probably will be kept for a major update.

My bet they don't want just to update EXS24 with a new look. I think they want to implement some new ideas maybe like warping, slicing, realtime looping, scripting...and this will require much more work than just create a new GUI and probably will be kept for a major update.

Yup something tells me that they will just move on, create something new entirely and not update the EXS24 anymore and consider it a 'legacy' plugin.

One thing that doesn't completely make sense is you now need to open the library to change the drummers?

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.29.24 PM.png

I like it this way. I spend a lot of time in the Library, I have almost everything saved in the Library so I can flip through instrument/plugin presets very quickly. So having the Drummers in the Library is completely welcome (for me).