LPX 10.3.2 is out

CCTMusic

Probably this is a feature for a long time now... but what does that mean? Orange pan. It can be enabled/disabled by CMD clicking the pan knob

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 08.52.36.png

it flips L and R channels

Ohlala... didn't know. Thanks. 

is it correct that this only works when Stereo Pan is active? Not for the normal balance pan?

Ploki hi

Show browsers doesn't work apparently.

10.3.1 is flawless with El Capitan 10.11.3,   can you guarantee that Logic 10.3.2 will work perfectly?

Working fine here... the GUI snappiness alone is worth the update.  I haven't encountered any issues as yet. I am sure there will be, but this is sooo much better than 10.3.1

Ploki hi

Show browsers doesn't work apparently.

10.3.1 is flawless with El Capitan 10.11.3,   can you guarantee that Logic 10.3.2 will work perfectly?

Loop browser has been redesigned, it seems to work fine.

Project, Media and All Files also work fine.

10.3.1 was to my experience less than stellar, it lagged a lot more than 10.2.4 and 10.3.2 finally brought it up to speed. wonderful update.

Hi

Subject says it all

Update.jpg

CCT

Hi CCT, can you guarantee that Logic 10.3.2 will work with my OSX El Capitan 10.11.3?

All is stable with my Logic 10.3.1 and El Capitan 10.11.3    I am very worried about updating.

Make a backup of 10.3.1 and rename 'Logic 10.3.1'. Then update and test it out yourself. No one can guarantee anything for you, we all have different machines with totally different configurations, plus CCT might use totally different plugins from you. If 10.3.2 acts weird just revert back to 10.3.1 by deleting 10.3.2 and replacing it with your 10.3.1 copy. Also, you can actually have both 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 running alongside each other on the same machine in case you didn't know.

The pitch of an audio region can now be transposed or fine-tuned.

Finally I waited so long for this feature.

"The pitch of an audio region can now be transposed or fine tuned"

YES!!! (If it works as I think/hope; haven't had a chance to try yet)

This right here.

Well... It. Doesn't. Work. The. Way. I. Hoped. Simple, yes, easy, yes, but I would LOVE to have:

1) an option to choose what algorithm to use (in many cases that'd be enough and preferred, like, say, for drums (fine)tuning it'd be a must to have a simple pitch change, no time stretch/compress, which easily messes with the attacks and/or sound in general, same with any long notes messing about for eg). Or am I missing something?

2) updated waveform when you do changes (would LOVE that for crossfades and bunch of other stuff too; having an option to see whatever is playing update live would be awesome)

Still no updated exs24

It's called Alchemy.

What does alchemy have to do with the exs24? What i wish would be implemented is the ability to use audio files without having to save them as instruments every single time. Almost every other daw can do this with the native built in samplers so if alchemy can do this please let me know how, otherwise idk how its relevant.

This right here.

Well... It. Doesn't. Work. The. Way. I. Hoped. Simple, yes, easy, yes, but I would LOVE to have:

1) an option to choose what algorithm to use (in many cases that'd be enough and preferred, like, say, for drums (fine)tuning it'd be a must to have a simple pitch change, no time stretch/compress, which easily messes with the attacks and/or sound in general, same with any long notes messing about for eg). Or am I missing something?

2) updated waveform when you do changes (would LOVE that for crossfades and bunch of other stuff too; having an option to see whatever is playing update live would be awesome)

I see a couple of features implemented in this update that i was requested via feedback form. I've just sent a feature request to be able to use resample (repitch) mode to transpose feature. Maybe the more people will make a request the more chances it will see the light?

If anyone want to see resample mode for transpose please send a feature request via feedback form.

Transpose audio region FINALLY! Wow that only took 20 years! But now we have it!!! And such a delight that one can select different algorithms! I'm so happy! And it actually sounds pretty okay! Yay!!! 

But agree with others (Darude etc) that its puzzling that the most obvious and usable way to transpose regions (simply play the region faster/slower) is missing... that is the most non-intrusive way of tuning drums/doing sound-design. If you select Speed (FX) as algorithm, which I would assume would be the solution to have it faster/slower playback, it just disables the transpose and plays the original speed. (Maybe that's actually a bug?) 

And now its really time for a tool or zone / handle shortcut to edit gain/transpose/tune directly on a region and not only far up in the inspector! :) 

Transpose audio region FINALLY! Wow that only took 20 years! But now we have it!!! And such a delight that one can select different algorithms! I'm so happy! And it actually sounds pretty okay! Yay!!! 

But agree with others (Darude etc) that its puzzling that the most obvious and usable way to transpose regions (simply play the region faster/slower) is missing... that is the most non-intrusive way of tuning drums/doing sound-design. If you select Speed (FX) as algorithm, which I would assume would be the solution to have it faster/slower playback, it just disables the transpose and plays the original speed. (Maybe that's actually a bug?) 

And now its really time for a tool or zone / handle shortcut to edit gain/transpose/tune directly on a region and not only far up in the inspector! :) 

You cannot be serious when you say it only took 20 years!!   Logic Audio v2.5 was bloody incredible at the time!!!  (LA 1.6 was amazing, though I didn't have Digidesign Audiomedia hardware, but installed for a commercial studio in my local city) I remember Logic 2 and having 4 audio tracks (sort of) on my Powerbook 520.  It was F$%^^ing incredible!!!

IMHO Gerhard Lengeling and his incredible team, changed the world and provided us with creative tools that weren't like calculators (Roland MC500 thru to Kawai Q80.. omg they were solid and kept everything in battery backed RAM... but you'd spend an eternity navigating an event list on a 16 x 2 LCD screen).  Then Michael Haydn with SoundDiver...   When I look back on those day and the incredible developments year after year, I don't think we should be complaining too much!!!   Especially given what we pay for such treats theses days.   It's because so many of us use this amazing software these days, that the economics stack up to make it affordable!!!      If any of the younger crew haven't done so, have a look back through how all this came about ...and you'll be astounded!!     This might be a good place to start ...http://tweakheadz.com/history-of-notator-and-logic/

Edited by mattrixx

I get a weird and very specific bug with 10.3.2 in existing projects (from 10.3.1).

Open FabFilter Pro-Q2, double click a parametric band and input -1 in the gain field, press return. Close Pro-Q2 and voilá: I'll now have the scissors tool selected.

Any other value won't cause this, but I haven't got the scissors tool assigned to eitther the "1", "-" or return key so it makes no sense to me.

I get a weird and very specific bug with 10.3.2 in existing projects (from 10.3.1).

Open FabFilter Pro-Q2, double click a parametric band and input -1 in the gain field, press return. Close Pro-Q2 and voilá: I'll now have the scissors tool selected.

Any other value won't cause this, but I haven't got the scissors tool assigned to eitther the "1", "-" or return key so it makes no sense to me.

I had something similar in 10.3.1 where I would go into the piano roll and my third (right click) tool,  would change to the velocity tool.  definitely wasn't saved like that in my screeenset.

I see a couple of features implemented in this update that i was requested via feedback form. I've just sent a feature request to be able to use resample (repitch) mode to transpose feature. Maybe the more people will make a request the more chances it will see the light?

If anyone want to see resample mode for transpose please send a feature request via feedback form.

Yes, the more people send bug reports/feature requests the better. I've sent my initial request years ago and several times along the road with additions and further refinements.

Oh, PS, kiotazane, how do you change the new transpose feature algorithm, I can't find it anywhere?

Still no sign of things that are seriously annoying me:

1. Smart Control hardware mappings broken when inside a Track Stack

2. A more robust way to store custom Controller Assignments than inside the CS prefs file and an ability to switch map sets for different situations

3. Midi I/O from an AU plugin, its in the spec but unlike our Cubase friends we cannot use it

2. A more robust way to store custom Controller Assignments than inside the CS prefs file and an ability to switch map sets for different situations

Will Modes not work for you then?  That should be the premise behind the controller assignments, set a zone for your device, and within that zone, a mode for each mapping.  You can even assign a button on your controller to go between the modes.

This update makes me happy.  I just shelled out a lot of dough for a new MBP (to replace a trusty 2008 model.)   It's Logic that keeps me in the Apple camp for work.... and while I'm operating system agnostic, I'm glad to know that there still seems to be a lot of effort put into Logic and making it better... My whole business depends on this freakin' program.  Crazy, man. Edited by Blatboy

• The pitch of an audio region can now be transposed or fine-tuned.

• So the next step is that Apple update the Flex Pitch algorithms in Logic for better Pitch/Transpose quality. 

• I'm still happy with the new Pitch/Transpose function in the inspector finally.

Edited by itssofly