LPX 10.3.2 is out

CCTMusic

• Wolfie2112:

Let me guess... still no user-definable colours for regions or tracks?

Ah well. Yet another message to Apple's feedback page...

Do you mean choosing the colors for the tracks and/or regions? If so, that's been an option for a while.

No, he meant that we can choose our own color palette. But let's be honest, Logic's color palette is pretty wide, is it really a critical for you to select some shades inbetween that we already have?

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.49.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-18 at 7.49.57 PM.png

audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG]

still happening in 10.3.2 =(

... I give up.

how long has that been happening? it's not a universal issue (i know i've never seen that). have u started a thread about this?

EDIT: just curious, what happens if you turn snap off?

there are many many POSTS about this terrible BUG ... it lives since version 10.. all users have it..

no matter what version is. no a FIX yet . sad.

how long has that been happening? it's not a universal issue (i know i've never seen that). have u started a thread about this?

EDIT: just curious, what happens if you turn snap off?

there are many many POSTS about this terrible BUG ... it lives since version 10.. all users have it..

no matter what version is. no a FIX yet . sad.

I just tried that, and it works fine.

What is the difference between the new feature 'Transpose and Fine Tune' Audio Region - and the Time and Pitch Machine capacity to do that for years? 

Why have people waited 'so long' for this feature? Why have you not just used Time and Pitch Machine?

REALLY?

vs. ?

I don't use Flex Pitch of Logic Pro X.. it sounds Terrible.. melodyne is much much better.

and yes the New Change pitch of audio is ok.. it sounds terrible too.. I can use it on the fly only .. and then use a Better Plug-in to do that.. later.

Yes.. apple Logic Pro X Theme... is only giving.. "OKS" updates.. but not FIXING a lot of "BUGS" .. just letting them THERE.. living inside logic..

I mean.. since the First Version of.. Logic Pro X How Many years has Past ? ..

and the Bugs still there. "PRO" not really.. it's a great app.. but very very Buggy... and it has a lot of great features.. but.. not very ..

how can I say this.. (PRO ? .. SOLID ? .. Stable ? .. ) of course if you use only logic with no .. other third party plugins its better..

BUT.. believe.. in the real world.. nobody uses only just..  Logic Pro X AU's or plug-ins.. every Body uses Third Party Plug-ins..

Yeah.. someday soon I think I gonna leave logic behind.. I don't like the idea.. of updates every 6 MOnths too.. I mean..

if there's any NEW bug.. (( just wait 6 more months.. or just stay with the previous version.. for 6 months.. I will feel better if there were regular UPDATES.. (bug's Updates) every.. month.. or every 3 weeks.. until.. the moment you can call.. it PERFECT ... or PRO.. but now ??.. I think so.. I think logic theme.. of apple thinks that way.

I just tried that, and it works fine.

you have to follow the steps of this post.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122042&p=624453&hilit=Audio+Regions+moving+when+cutting#p624453

This Bug has NOT been fixed. tried in 2 different iMacs. and it stills happening.

I just tried per the steps in that post -- exactly.  The results are ok.  No shifting regions; no gaps.  I've tried with the scissors and edit->split regions at playhead.  Same results.  All works as it should.

1814621018_ScreenShot2017-07-19at2_17_32PM.png.80890636f157cd7f1ac68f7706062332.png

I wish a Better company could BUY (Logic Pro X) and really make it (Perfect) and (Pro)

haha.. it will never happen.. it will be like this for 6 more years... apple don't change.. WE have to change.

Don't know what you are complaining about.

Logic X does everything I need, it's brilliant and it is buggy as Cubase or any other DAW.

Mostly it's the person behind the DAW ;-)

I don't use Flex Pitch of Logic Pro X.. it sounds Terrible.. melodyne is much much better.

and yes the New Change pitch of audio is ok.. it sounds terrible too.. I can use it on the fly only .. and then use a Better Plug-in to do that.. later.

Yes.. apple Logic Pro X Theme... is only giving.. "OKS" updates.. but not FIXING a lot of "BUGS" .. just letting them THERE.. living inside logic..

and the Bugs still there. "PRO" not really.. it's a great app.. but very very Buggy... and it has a lot of great features.. but.. not very ..

how can I say this.. (PRO ? .. SOLID ? .. Stable ? .. ) of course if you use only logic with no .. other third party plugins its better..

BUT.. believe.. in the real world.. nobody uses only just..  Logic Pro X AU's or plug-ins.. every Body uses Third Party Plug-ins..

Yeah.. someday soon I think I gonna leave logic behind.. I don't like the idea.. of updates every 6 MOnths too.. I mean..

if there's any NEW bug.. (( just wait 6 more months.. or just stay with the previous version.. for 6 months.. I will feel better if there were regular UPDATES.. (bug's Updates) every.. month.. or every 3 weeks.. until.. the moment you can call.. it PERFECT ... or PRO.. but now ??.. I think so.. I think logic theme.. of apple thinks that way.

i have, at least recently, suffered from only one bug... which is now fixed (logic getting stuck when changing gain in the audiofile editor). and i use flexpitch all the time (but, to be honest, only to create harmonies)... altho i've fixed a few notes on lead vocals. and i almost exclusively use 3rd-party plugins... without issue.

if you're so unhappy, why not move to another DAW now? i mean, why wait? there are enough great options out there. just saying...  8-)

i have, at least recently, suffered from only one bug... which is now fixed (logic getting stuck when changing gain in the audiofile editor). and i use flexpitch all the time (but, to be honest, only to create harmonies)... altho i've fixed a few notes on lead vocals. and i almost exclusively use 3rd-party plugins... without issue.

if you're so unhappy, why not move to another DAW now? i mean, why wait? there are enough great options out there. just saying...  8-)

yeah.. I know.. one of the reasons why, is because, all my projects are made in LOGIC PRO X .. and because  used to trust the logic.. and I have a lot of projects.. I mean.. A LOT .. exporting those projects to another DAW .. will take me.. Years. so I guess.. I am kind of STUCK with logic .. for now.. But I'm starting to use other's daws.. Presonus  Studio One is AMAZING .. all that logic cannot do.. Studio One can.. and I love Cubase too.. Pro tools is terrible I hate it. so THAT's why. 8-)

I wish a Better company could BUY (Logic Pro X) and really make it (Perfect) and (Pro)

haha.. it will never happen.. it will be like this for 6 more years... apple don't change.. WE have to change.

Don't know what you are complaining about.

Logic X does everything I need, it's brilliant and it is buggy as Cubase or any other DAW.

Mostly it's the person behind the DAW ;-)

Well.. Yes you can see it that way I guess. "complaining" as you said.. but it is not.. I am been Honest and Straight Foward. not stupid.. and clapping for (Small) things.. like a most of the people. This forum.. iT iS nOt just to CLAP ..for every update.. but to talk about (ALL about of logic.. BUGS.. ideas.. Bad ideas All of it... ) .. not only Saying (( Hell YEAH ¡ amazing ¡¡¡ . )) . I don't see it that way.

The reason i use Logic, is for me, it's bulletproof compared to other DAW's i've used in the past.  It stands up to everything i throw at it and these latest updates have been nothing short of fantastic, you can see so many issues that have come up on this forum in recent times and they've fixed them, whilst adding great ui improvements, and additions elsewhere - that really shows superb progress from the Logic team, really feel in safe hands here.

Heck, i remember the Drummer being first announced and laughing at it for not being 'pro', and here we are today after i've just tried the new percussion drummer, and wow, i'm gonna make a LOT of use out of that in the background.

For creativity/songwriting Logic has it all now, it's insane to think of all the additional content and updates since LPX was released, Alchemy is huge and they've added in this new downsampling filter, an example of only a minor item but, again, that's a massive step forwards in the creativity stake.

I tried jumping to Studio One some months back, and after 3-4 months the uniqueness of it had dried up and that had some ridiculous bugs and major omissions that i need (SysEx/Poly Aftertouch), Loop recording issues causing audio to cutoff/cutout - a great DAW, fresh ideas, but still in it's infancy compared to Logic.

Studio One failed to launch after latest Arturia update, and then it crashes without warning at other times - i never get those issues with Logic.

I just don't find it buggy at all, goofy yes - but that's Logic, sometimes the goofiness of it angers me, but on the whole it makes me very happy, and for such a small investment financially it's simply incredible, comes in the one flavour unlike all the other DAW's, you haven't got to concern yourself with additional modules, and you can use it across your app store devices. :)

My only fear with the regular updates is my ageing Mac Pro which is now rooted with El Cap.  But if we drew the line right here, and this is the last Logic i could run on that - Then, no complaints whatsoever!

I saw in the release notes that AU v3 is now supported. Anybody know anything about this new plugin format? From what I have gleaned so far, compatible plugins can run on iOS and macOS. Anything else more significant than that?

In theory developers could offer additions to their plugins like crash protection, meaning running plugins in their own thread, so if a plugin crashes logic keeps running. AU v3 also allows 256x16 MIDI ports per plugin meaning VIENNA ENSEMBLE PRO will introduce that with a coming update so people can reduce instances when hosting instruments in VE PRO outside of logic.

yeah.. I know.. one of the reasons why, is because, all my projects are made in LOGIC PRO X .. and because  used to trust the logic.. and I have a lot of projects.. I mean.. A LOT .. exporting those projects to another DAW .. will take me.. Years. so I guess.. I am kind of STUCK with logic .. for now.. But I'm starting to use other's daws.. Presonus  Studio One is AMAZING .. all that logic cannot do.. Studio One can.. and I love Cubase too.. Pro tools is terrible I hate it. so THAT's why. 8-)

If you like those other DAWs so much more than Logic, why couldn't you use them in tandem?  Use Logic for old sessions and Studio One or Cubase for new sessions.  Eventually you'd cycle Logic out of your workflow.  Why would you have to convert every session you've ever created?

It's called Alchemy.

What does alchemy have to do with the exs24? What i wish would be implemented is the ability to use audio files without having to save them as instruments every single time. Almost every other daw can do this with the native built in samplers so if alchemy can do this please let me know how, otherwise idk how its relevant.

Let me re-phrase that:  In Apple's eyes, it's called Alchemy.

If you like those other DAWs so much more than Logic, why couldn't you use them in tandem?  Use Logic for old sessions and Studio One or Cubase for new sessions.  Eventually you'd cycle Logic out of your workflow.  Why would you have to convert every session you've ever created?

That's is exactly what I do. indeed.

I'm noticing when I hit spacebar for playback, Logic 10.3.2 initially doesn't react. It takes a second space bar hit to get things going. Anyone else noticing this? It seems to occur right after I solo a track.

Yeah i noticed this.. and its inconsistent so dont attempt to muscle memory double tapping space bar.

I tried, and ended up staring into the screen wondering why it doesnt play, when in fact i just play/stopped it.

man.. you cannot say anything "bad" about logic here.. only beatiful things .. like WOW ¡¡

AMAZING ¡.. or they will all punch you back.. ha.. man.. yes yes.. I understand.. only flowers.

only flowers.

don't be ridiculous; just read thru posts here; there are complaints, discussion, disappointment, elation. it's all there. the point is... this is a logic forum, representing logic users, so of course people are into the app. meanwhile, paul christo nailed it; move forward, phase logic out. and let those of us who enjoy using LPX continue to discuss, help each other, etc... 

man.. you cannot say anything "bad" about logic here.. only beatiful things .. like WOW ¡¡

AMAZING ¡.. or they will all punch you back.. ha.. man.. yes yes.. I understand.. only flowers.

only flowers.

Of course not, if you have an issue then let users help you fix it, and if you have a bug and we can recreate it then i'm sure most of us would be happy to also submit a bug report to increase the chances of it being fixed.

It seems that you have an issue which others don't, so investigate it - potentially could be a grid/snap issue for example, or some other setting you have, i've never experienced that 'bug' either.

Do you have a thread relating to this issue you're having? If so link it here and we can take the discussion there rather than flooding this thread with it.

I'm sure i'm not the only one, but I have a real love and hate relationship with Logic, i've tried to move away so many times in the past and each time it's cost me money, that's practically wasted now.  Ableton for example, plus dedicated push controller - never use it now, thought it was amazing initially, Studio One got pro version and many of the add-ons - again, was blown away from it initially, and i just don't use it much now as it's CPU usage is higher, it crashes and numerous times i've had it fail to start/lose controller settings, great DAW though, but still showing it's immaturity.

Everytime i come back to Logic, it makes me appreciate it more, and applaud what a complete package it is.

I've got to the point now to accept that i may have to work in certain constraints and sometimes odd workflows... However, these updates show that the Logic team are keen on UI/Workflow improvements which is really encouraging.  I'm done with messing about with DAW's and setups/configurations etc. just want to do music and Logic is a songwriters dream, and it's easy to allow a small niggle shadow the many benefits that Logic has.

only flowers.

Of course not, if you have an issue then let users help you fix it, and if you have a bug and we can recreate it then i'm sure most of us would be happy to also submit a bug report to increase the chances of it being fixed.

It seems that you have an issue which others don't, so investigate it - potentially could be a grid/snap issue for example, or some other setting you have, i've never experienced that 'bug' either.

Do you have a thread relating to this issue you're having? If so link it here and we can take the discussion there rather than flooding this thread with it.

I'm sure i'm not the only one, but I have a real love and hate relationship with Logic, i've tried to move away so many times in the past and each time it's cost me money, that's practically wasted now.  Ableton for example, plus dedicated push controller - never use it now, thought it was amazing initially, Studio One got pro version and many of the add-ons - again, was blown away from it initially, and i just don't use it much now as it's CPU usage is higher, it crashes and numerous times i've had it fail to start/lose controller settings, great DAW though, but still showing it's immaturity.

Everytime i come back to Logic, it makes me appreciate it more, and applaud what a complete package it is.

I've got to the point now to accept that i may have to work in certain constraints and sometimes odd workflows... However, these updates show that the Logic team are keen on UI/Workflow improvements which is really encouraging.  I'm done with messing about with DAW's and setups/configurations etc. just want to do music and Logic is a songwriters dream, and it's easy to allow a small niggle shadow the many benefits that Logic has.

yea yea yea.. shure.

Thearyhs for tha BUG ..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122042&p=624453&hilit=Audio+Regions+moving+when+cutting#p624453

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=124099&p=634054&hilit=Audio+Regions+moving+when+cutting#p634054

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=119464

so ? apple is always making us a favour for every update.. let me Remind you that people pay for the app it is not a free App.

I don't understand that attitude of WOW .. apple is the best. flowers always..

anyways I had reported that BUG like.. 20 times.. in the Feedback... They had Contact me.. then I send everything they ask ..

then.. nothing.. and they had ask me for the report like 4 times.. o 3.. and always the same.. no FIX.. no answer.. nothing. anyways..

of course I had investigate that Bug a lot.

and-- I am not filling this .-.. pages with me .. or that bug.. if somebody says something... I will answer why not? ..

anyways .. move on.

Logic Pro is indeed a professional DAW. I've used Reason, Cubase Studio One and Sonar for many years ( going back 26 years now ) and all of them are great and professional in this current day and there's nothing stopping any of us from creating "professional" music on any of them. They all have bugs....but generally Logic has been the most solid performer for me and with 10.3.2 the GUI is once again wonderfully snappy on my older imac 2011 so I'm super grateful! The grass isn't always greener on the other side ;)

yea yea yea.. shure.

Thearyhs for tha BUG ..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=124099&p=634054&hilit=Audio+Regions+moving+when+cutting#p634054

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=119464

so ? apple is always making us a favour for every update.. let me Remind you that people pay for the app it is not a free App.

I don't understand that attitude of WOW .. apple is the best. flowers always..

anyways I had reported that BUG like.. 20 times.. in the Feedback... They had Contact me.. then I send everything they ask ..

then.. nothing.. and they had ask me for the report like 4 times.. o 3.. and always the same.. no FIX.. no answer.. nothing. anyways..

of course I had investigate that Bug a lot.

and-- I am not filling this .-.. pages with me .. or that bug.. if somebody says something... I will answer why not? ..

anyways .. move on.

if some people are having a problem, and not everyone is having that problem... you can't expect a universal solution. and you're right, the app is not free... but the updates are. get help with your issue, or, as you've already acknowledged, move to another DAW, and phase out logic. then you can take your whining to another forum.

if some people are having a problem, and not everyone is having that problem... you can't expect a universal solution. and you're right, the app is not free... but the updates are. get help with your issue, or, as you've already acknowledged, move to another DAW, and phase out logic. then you can take your whining to another forum.

Although I'm very pleased with the logic team and the regular updates (stellar to see this level of commitment from Apple) to be fair with zambra: this issue is, most likely, not an issue specific to zambra's setup. The issue has been discussed and investigated here and over at Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/1022594-region-cut-options-gaps-when-cutting.html) quite in-depth and it seems that this specific bug comes and goes and / or that the circumstances where it occurs are vague / too complex to determine. And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with drag or snap settings. I  tried to reproduce the issue with logic 10.3.2 and although I had to try often before it occurred, it unfortunately did. 

Although I'm very pleased with the logic team and the regular updates (stellar to see this level of commitment from Apple) to be fair with zambra: this issue is, most likely, not an issue specific to zambra's setup. The issue has been discussed and investigated here and over at Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/1022594-region-cut-options-gaps-when-cutting.html) quite in-depth and it seems that this specific bug comes and goes and / or that the circumstances where it occurs are vague / too complex to determine. And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with drag or snap settings. I  tried to reproduce the issue with logic 10.3.2 and although I had to try often before it occurred, it unfortunately did. 

am not denying the problem exists; the problem with the problem is... it isn't happening for everyone (which makes it harder to solve). still, this is an unusually-civilized forum, a great place to get help, and there's nothing to be gained by whining... repeatedly. anyway, will vanish from this thread now, not trying to pick a fight.