Logic Pro X 10.4.1 Released!

drb

@des99 I've tried music memos, it doesn't work this well, I can tell you LOL. At least last time I tried it. It's the one part of recording music that has always frustrated me, when recording all on my own, I HATE a metronome, and my timing is certainly not bad, but if you want to start adding GOOD drumming VSTis etc, well.. I have been weaning myself off Logic because I know that I can't afford to get another Mac sometime down the track soon... but, MATE, this makes it so hard now :P. LOL.

Tony

I'm in poverty! Struggling to even have somewhat recent devices is hard enough, but having a complete "ecosystem" is becoming impossible. Unless you buy everything all at one time and then trash it all at one time, you get stuck and then bullied by updates.

Well, my Mac Pro is nearly 10 years old and this is the first (sub) version of Logic i've been unable to run. I have no complaints whatsoever.

2009-2010 Mac's onwards can run Sierra, and with that, Logic 10.4 - so really not an issue, if people want updates and progression then what else can be done? Improvements on an OS/Framework level that makes use of particular hardware is just a part of that progression. Killer tracks are still being produced on Logic 9 let's not forget.

Yeah, i'm one of those people still on Logic 9.x (i don't know if i make "killer tracks" though). i know APIs change, but this minimum version change is ridiculous. i was days away from upgrading to Logic X and now i cannot do so unless i upgrade to High Sierra, which is NOT supported by most of my stuff. Not only will i have to buy a lot of software upgrades, my audio hardware might be useless.

i've stayed on Snow Leopard and Logic 9.x mostly because of Avid/M-Audio abandoning my ProjectMix I/O and Mac OS blocking the drivers. I was just about to pull the trigger on migrating with my dual boot to El Capitan and now i can't do that. If i upgrade to High Sierra, i might lose ALL audio interface support because my only other option, a TC Electronic Digital Konnekt x32 has no official High Sierra support (it DOES have official Sierra support, but i cannot move to Sierra because the Mac App Store wont offer it).

Also annoying is that i had two systems going in tandem, on parity with each other as a data-protection/backup/failover solution. The second machine is older and isn't supported by Sierra, let alone High Sierra.

Instead of buying one or two components at a time to get somewhat up-to-date, step by step, i now have to replace everything all at once... or do nothing at all and just wait for my computers to die and then i have nothing at all. If ever Apple finally releases a proper Mac Pro, and if i can afford to buy it with my nest egg set aside for it (for years now), i don't know how i'm going to migrate to the current Logic and OS without a working system on which to render abandoned plugins as audio, etc...

Edited by dysamoria

Can anyone confirm that File menu -> new from template works? When I try to create a project from a template, nothing happens.

Furthermore, when I go to settings and try to set what happens when logic opens, I can select open with default template but then again, when I try to press the button below, to select the default template, no popup window.

not an LX issue in general, but one you're having. maybe someone here can help? meanwhile, the HS alphabetical issue is fixed, and my templates (for example) are again in order...)

Well thanx for getting back to me. I completely deleted the app and reinstalled and now it works. I customized some default templates and they changed the layout of the template picker menu and probably some things at deeper level. Any way, it's all sorted out.

Dang it! I missed the boat.

Do you know if my Mac Pro (see sig) is compatible with the latest OS?

Thanks for the reply volovicg!

You can upgrade to Sierra 10.12.6 even if you didn't download it / buy it. You don't need to go to 10.13 >

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202

I just did it, install was fine. :)

Hey, thanks for this! :-) Still, i can't put Sierra on my MacBook Pro 5,5, so i'm still not really eager to upset the nice semi-redundant setup of two Logic machines i have going here. Is there no way to buy Logic X 10.3 for older Mac OS versions?? That's the more critical issue to me at the moment.