Logic Pro X 10.4.1 Released!

drb

Currently, the Apple Logic page says this:

Logic 10.4 Tech Requirements.png

It says "macOS 10.11 or later." My current El Capitan is 10.11.6. But I'm reading here that this update will not run on El Capitan. Thanks for any clarification.

Apparently, Apple doesn't care too much about the website. The App Store is what really matters here and it states 10.12.

Dang it! I missed the boat.

Do you know if my Mac Pro (see sig) is compatible with the latest OS?

Thanks for the reply volovicg!

You can upgrade to Sierra 10.12.6 even if you didn't download it / buy it. You don't need to go to 10.13 >

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202

I just did it, install was fine. :)

Thanks Ted!

I'll give it a try.

anybody know how to enable this auto color feature when adding new tracks?

Choose Preferences > Display > Color…

Anyone else not seeing 'color' as an option in the prefs > display window?

EDIT: Preferences > Display > Tracks > Appearance > Color (Auto Progress)

Edited by Dnonkong

If you'll go to Undo History and press two button you can undo mixer actions with simple CMD+Z

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 05.00.49.png

i was VERY glad to see Undo spread to mixer and plugins. Undo is such basic functionality that it has been an egregious and glaring gap (to me) in Logic for so many years. This is possibly the feature i MOST want, actually, because it's a practical thing that i'd likely be using constantly. And here i am looking at not having it because of my OS issues, or having it on one system and not the other if i am indeed able to buy it and receive the older version for my older machine (which results in not being able to share projects back and forth, too).

“Auto Progress 24: When the first new track is created, it is assigned the leftmost (first) color in the color palette from the same row as the initially created track. Each subsequently created track will be assigned the color from next horizontal box to the right in the same row in the color palette. In this mode, only a total of 24 colors will be used for automatic color assignment.”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “Logic Pro X User Guide.” iBooks. https://itunes.apple.com/ru/book/logic-pro-x-user-guide/id960809726?l=en&mt=11

“Auto Progress 96: When the first new track is created, it is assigned the leftmost (first) color in the the color palette from next higher row as the initially created track. If the initially created track is the top ”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “Logic Pro X User Guide.” iBooks. https://itunes.apple.com/ru/book/logic-pro-x-user-guide/id960809726?l=en&mt=11