Logic Pro X 10.4.1 Released!

drb

There is now an option to switch the first automation lane in a track to show the last clicked control.

Does anyone know where that option is located?

Choose Mix > Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read mode, to disable it.

Awesome. Thank you!

I think that specification change.

As a countermeasure, I am using "Insert Piz Here - midiChordAnalyzer".

https://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiChordAnalyzer

Thank you for a reply. Now I see what you mean. I tried with ChordTrig MIDI FX and it is not showing any chord names. Just out of my curiosity, did the previous version of 10.3 show chord names just like the Chord Memorizer used to do?

Thank you for the information on midiChordAnalyzer. It will be helpful for me, too.

Am i missed this or IR Utility has been updated also?

There's nothing new about IR Utility.

Eric, I don't know if you remember a while ago us talking about how dope it would be if we could just click a parameter and the automation would change to that same parameter?

I was watching a video about the new version and they finally included that. It's a great feature for sure!

I don't appear to have a demos folder. Where is this located normally?

Library/Application Support/Logic/Logic Pro X Demosongs

Thank you, that's what I thought, but I do not have this folder in either my root (/) or home (~/).

I don't see demo songs listed in the sound library either.

Wow. Just did a short test with the new Vintage EQs versus the UAD equivalents. From my tests, Logic's Console EQ (Neve) did the worst... the low end is just not there, although the Mids and Highs sounded quite good and close to the UAD 1073. The Graphic EQ (API) sounded scarily close to UAD's API 560 followed by the Tube EQ (Pultec). I am aware that the Logic team didn't/couldn't do an exact clone so I would never have been able to replicate the UAD plugins exactly. In short, the Graphic EQ sounds the closest to the UAD API 560, followed closely by the Tube EQ. The Console EQ came in last. I would still totally use the Console EQ for mid ranged instruments and I will totally be using both the Graphic EQ and Tube EQs. This works out great since I don't have an API type EQ plugin at all (was just demoing the UAD API 560 for my test) and I only have the "free" legacy version of UAD's Pultec.

Library/Application Support/Logic/Logic Pro X Demosongs

Thank you, that's what I thought, but I do not have this folder in either my root (/) or home (~/).

I don't see demo songs listed in the sound library either.

I have the folder, but not the new song (only the old Helena one). How I download the new song?

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but there's a new demo song in your demos folder. "Colors" by Beck. Pretty cool...

If you don't see a demos folder, you can access the Demo Project from the main menu window (don't know what it's officially called). Hit "New Project from Template" and you get that window thingy that says "New Project", "Recent Projects" and "Demo Projects". Under Demo Projects you'll see an icon for the Beck track asking you to download it. Download it and you'll be good to go :D

If you don't see a demos folder, you can access the Demo Project from the main menu window (don't know what it's officially called). Hit "New Project from Template" and you get that window thingy that says "New Project", "Recent Projects" and "Demo Projects". Under Demo Projects you'll see an icon for the Beck track asking you to download it. Download it and you'll be good to go :D

Ah, excellent, thank you.

The Beck track is the only demo I see though. I assume that's normal.

Quick follow up note - turns out all I needed was a restart and everything, inclding Chromaverb, is now behaving quite wonderfully.

Well, for all the fantastic new features 10.4.0 is unusable on by mid-2010 Mac Pro 5,1. Projects that play flawlessly in 10.3.3 are now crackling all over the place and worse, do not appear to sound the same, mix-wise. The first song I opened up the kick had almost disappeared. Chromaverb crackles at the tail of longer reverbs, in a one instrument try-out. cpu core meter 8 pinned, as has been noted elsewhere.

Back to 10.3.3 for now. Can’t wait to use these new goodies though . . I love the articulation switching on the new string library.

Wow. Just did a short test with the new Vintage EQs versus the UAD equivalents. From my tests, Logic's Console EQ (Neve) did the worst... the low end is just not there, although the Mids and Highs sounded quite good and close to the UAD 1073. The Graphic EQ (API) sounded scarily close to UAD's API 560 followed by the Tube EQ (Pultec). I am aware that the Logic team didn't/couldn't do an exact clone so I would never have been able to replicate the UAD plugins exactly. In short, the Graphic EQ sounds the closest to the UAD API 560, followed closely by the Tube EQ. The Console EQ came in last. I would still totally use the Console EQ for mid ranged instruments and I will totally be using both the Graphic EQ and Tube EQs. This works out great since I don't have an API type EQ plugin at all (was just demoing the UAD API 560 for my test) and I only have the "free" legacy version of UAD's Pultec.

And while you'll use it remember that you got it for free :)

I think that specification change.

As a countermeasure, I am using "Insert Piz Here - midiChordAnalyzer".

https://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiChordAnalyzer

Thank you for a reply. Now I see what you mean. I tried with ChordTrig MIDI FX and it is not showing any chord names. Just out of my curiosity, did the previous version of 10.3 show chord names just like the Chord Memorizer used to do?

Thank you for the information on midiChordAnalyzer. It will be helpful for me, too.

befive

Thank you for your reply.

(I am sending a message in Google translation, so I was sorry if there was a mistranslation.)

The theme is chord memorizer in Logic environment, not MIDI FX (ChordTrig).

MIDI FX (ChordTrig) is a MIDI signal after the Sequencer Input of Logic Enviroment,

chord name is not displayed.

That's normal.

Up to 10.3.3, Logic Enviroment's chord memorizer's chord name was displayed.

However, it is not displayed in 10.4.0.

I think that it is specification change and I will give up.

Thank you for answering my question!^^!

Has anyone installed Sierra on an unsupported Mac and also installed Logic 10.4? I've found patches to allow Sierra to install without issues on my MacBook Pro 5,5. I'm wondering if Logic 10.4 will have a problem with such a configuraton. Anyone done similar?

Backup your whole system with Time Machine and try it :)

"Snap, cut and region positioning issues!"

can't believe apple logic theme is not fixing this BUG_ sort of dead end_

I have a new_ way to reproduce this very STRANGE_ bug, not only when splitting_ steps_

1_ create a new "empty project from logic templates"

2_ enable cycle mode_ and set the tempo to 199. and add a audio track and record audio

3_ duplicate the track

4_ record on the second track_

5_ select all in the main windows with command duplicate selectiion

6_ zoom a lot and see the end zones recorded_ how they start to shift position the more you duplicate them_ in the end of the zones the more they start "shifting".

I reported to apple like 25 times. 2 times they responded and I send the project etc_ and never got and answer back. end of the history __

PLEASE report this bug to apple.

I am aware that the Logic team didn't/couldn't do an exact clone so I would never have been able to replicate the UAD plugins exactly.

well, they werent trying to replicate UAD plugs but to make models of their respective hardware. :)

I really wish to see an UAD/Waves/Logic VS Hardware shootout.

well, they werent trying to replicate UAD plugs but to make models of their respective hardware. :)

Yup, you are correct. I just used the UAD stuff as a benchmark since their modelling is quite excellent.

A Logic plugin/hardware shootout would be quite something! There are actually UAD versus Hardware videos on YouTube.

Ok. I figured the full size of a new sound library. ~1,82 Gb of impulse responses, plus ~28,16 Gb of loops, plus ~61,49 Gb of samples in logics folder, plus ~21,21 Gb of garageband instruments, which gives in sum ~112,68 Gb. Quite an amount.

Is there any way to avoid downloading this content repeatedly to install on more than one Mac? i just upgraded my MacBook Pro 5,5 to Sierra (normally unsupported) so i can move to Logic X. I'm going to want to put it on my main machine (a Sierra-supported iMac) too. Do i really need to download 112GB of content from the App Store twice?

Ok. I figured the full size of a new sound library. ~1,82 Gb of impulse responses, plus ~28,16 Gb of loops, plus ~61,49 Gb of samples in logics folder, plus ~21,21 Gb of garageband instruments, which gives in sum ~112,68 Gb. Quite an amount.

Would you be so kind as to list the directories you did "get info" on to find this info? I just did a quick look and it seems some of my dirs are smaller than this, but it says I've downloaded everything.

Thanks,

Chris