3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

In the library, using the 4 arrow (left, right, up, down) keys from you computer keyboard will give you control to navigate.

Left arrow go to parent folder.

The right arrow enters the child one.

Up and down arrows, I guess you already know...

Yeah trying not to resort to mouse or computer keyboard and use next/previous command on my midi keyboard.

There must be a reason some preset folder setups advance to next folder and some don’t. Something Logic is seeing that I am not seeing.

Hello Des, I've just discovered this thread, and I'm really excited by the prospect of getting easier access to the patches on my collection of around 280 plugins (mostly. freebies or £1 Plugin Boutique specials!). Do you have a concise list of the plugins dealt with thus far, and with download links to the files? Otherwise, I fear I am going to have to wade through the 40 pages of this thread. I don't mind doing that, especially in light of the work that you've obviously put in, but, no harm in asking!

Another question. About 6 years ago now, a chap called TerryReid who hasn’t been active around here for a couple of years, posted some presets for the Korg M1 synth. I’ve got the Korg M1 LE light edition, so I only downloaded the Pack 1 Combi and Programs presets. The patches show up perfectly in my Library. The problem is that when I select a preset, it doesn’t stay selected and the selected sound in the preset doesn’t change.

Is this because I’m using the Light Edition of Korg M1 or, again are my problems because I’m trying to use Preset files which were made 6 years ago?

Hello Des, I've just discovered this thread, and I'm really excited by the prospect of getting easier access to the patches on my collection of around 280 plugins (mostly. freebies or £1 Plugin Boutique specials!). Do you have a concise list of the plugins dealt with thus far, and with download links to the files? Otherwise, I fear I am going to have to wade through the 40 pages of this thread. I don't mind doing that, especially in light of the work that you've obviously put in, but, no harm in asking!

No list - just good hearted members who post them. Easiest way to is use the search filed in this forum thread and look for the particular one's you are interested in.

Another question. About 6 years ago now, a chap called TerryReid who hasn’t been active around here for a couple of years, posted some presets for the Korg M1 synth. I’ve got the Korg M1 LE light edition, so I only downloaded the Pack 1 Combi and Programs presets. The patches show up perfectly in my Library. The problem is that when I select a preset, it doesn’t stay selected and the selected sound in the preset doesn’t change.

Is this because I’m using the Light Edition of Korg M1 or, again are my problems because I’m trying to use Preset files which were made 6 years ago?

In general yes some of the posts are so old that the plugin has been updated to a new version and so preset library no longer functional. You can make an educated guess based on knowing release dates of newer versions of the plugin in question or simply as you have done just do trial by error to see if they still work.

Yes, as you suggest I’ve had much more luck with the more recent posts in this thread. Just the presets for Hybrid_x64 and Xpand!2_64 were worth the price (er… zero, but you know what I mean!) of admission!

Des, if you are reading this, the one brand of free plugin I haven’t seen mentioned so far, is the stuff from Full Bucket Music. http://music.fullbucket.de/vst.html. The guy behind it all, Bjorn seems like a really good guy as well. I’d love to see Library presets for these plugins. If you are otherwise occupied, just say the word and I’ll see if I can make a stab at doing them. After all, I occasionally tell people about how I have almost 30 years programming experience; I guess it’s not unreasonable to be called upon once in a while to prove it!

I am tempted to get the XILS 4 modular. Given you developed approach for other three synths, possible to do Logic presets for the XILS 4?

Sure, if they offer a demo, I'll add it to the queue - sorry, been a bit preoccupied recently. Still got to finish off the Dexed stuff, scripting it was a little tricky and took longer than I hoped...

Edited by des99

Note - this isn't my thread, it's a community effort to just do what we can. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to have a single post with all the downloads in it without someone manually doing it (and even so, it either sits in the middle of the thread (difficult to find) or we start a new thread, which also doesn't seem the right thing to do either...

Probably using the M1 LE, as it's a different plugin and has a different plugin ID to the full M1. You'll need the full M1 to use those patches, I'm afraid.

Des, if you are reading this, the one brand of free plugin I haven’t seen mentioned so far, is the stuff from Full Bucket Music. http://music.fullbucket.de/vst.html. The guy behind it all, Bjorn seems like a really good guy as well. I’d love to see Library presets for these plugins. If you are otherwise occupied, just say the word and I’ll see if I can make a stab at doing them. After all, I occasionally tell people about how I have almost 30 years programming experience; I guess it’s not unreasonable to be called upon once in a while to prove it!

Sure, if you want to do them, go ahead!

We all benefit when people weigh in to do what they can. I've already got a queue of requests to attend to as it is!

Note - this isn't my thread, it's a community effort to just do what we can. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to have a single post with all the downloads in it without someone manually doing it (and even so, it either sits in the middle of the thread (difficult to find) or we start a new thread, which also doesn't seem the right thing to do either...

I realise from reading the entire thread that the initial work was largely done by Anamorphis (is there a way of doing an @ reference for users?), but you certainly seem to have done a lot of the heavy lifting recently!

Finances are a bit tight at the moment so I don’t want to spend the money on Keyboard Maestro, so if Atlas007 is reading and can give me a clue as to how to get started using Automator, I’d be really grateful. I’ve had a quick look and it isn’t clear how to get it to address Logic as a target application, although I haven’t studied it closely yet.

Hey Des do you do anything in the way you set up the preset folders so clicking Logic Command Next Preset when at the bottom of list in a folder in library goes to next folder's first preset instead of back to the top of list of current folder?

Edited by sjgam

Thanks to Jordi Torres and an early post in this thread viewtopic.php?t=50575#p271350 I discovered Sikuli (http://www.sikuli.org) which is a freeware automation app which uses screen recognition and Python (or Ruby if you want). Here’s a link to one of the scripts https://twitter.com/carlcaulkett/status/1006311757273497612. Surprisingly easy! I didn’t get as far as looping, largely because as with all automation via sending keystrokes, the timing gets a little hairy. That will happen on another day!

The plugin for these presets is http://music.fullbucket.de/fb3300.html and the zip file should be expanded to ~/Library/Audio/Presets/Full Bucket Music/FB-3300. I’ve taken the liberty of tidying up the naming of the presets and splitting them into categories within the library. More to come!

FB-3300.zip

Normally, one need to have the native preset actually present in the plugin (native) library to be able to use the correponding Logic AUpreset... IOW, if you don't have the preset present in the 3rd party (M1 LE) plugin's library, invoking from Logic's AUpreset library will not work.

An Audio FX unit this time…

FBM Plugin: https://www.fullbucket.de/music/freqshifter.html

Dest Folder: ~/Library/Audio/Presets/Synth/Frequency Shifter

NOTE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT PATH STRUCTURE FROM NORMAL - THIS PLUGIN SEEMS TO DEMAND IT!

Presets: Frequency Shifter.zip

Don’t forget to move the blue Library triangle to beside the Audio FX button to see these presets.

Coming soon! To go along with Xpand!2 and Hybrid from Air Music Technology, I’ve almost finished Vacuum Pro. Ironically it comes with all of the preset files installed, but in RTAS .tfx format. I’ve tried to find a way to convert the files but have failed thus far. It’s back to the keyboard macros again! Should be ready some time tomorrow.