Apple brings Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro to iPad

Message added by David Nahmani,

Apple announces Logic Pro for the iPad, available May 23rd in the App Store as a $4.99/month subscription or $49/year with a 1 month free trial: https://www.apple.com/logic-pro-for-ipad/

On 5/17/2023 at 8:32 PM, One100 said:

I see it as a sketchbook. You can sit in the couch, pretending being part of the family and lay-out some ideas. 😁

And as a side effect, my kids might get interested in seeing what I'm doing, and this will maybe get them into music production.

I actually don't see any downsides in having this stuff on an iPad. Except maybe for Apple putting all of their dev resources into this, but my bet is that all of the functionality that will be available on the iPad will also be available in the MacOS version, at the same date or soon after that.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Some people are eager it seems!

I have no way of running it, and generally I struggle to use iPads in my workflow, but I am interested in other people's experiences with it. After all, a completely new Logic-related app is a big deal in the Logic-verse, so yes, I'm interested!

I wonder if 10.7.8 will drop tomorrow, as well?

Edited by des99

I don’t even own an iPad but now that Logic Pro is coming to it, I’m extra excited to see what they have in store for the Mac version because I imagine a pretty major revamp is coming to that at some point too. 

Aside from bug fixes, I’m also curious to see what else they include in 10.7.8 if that also drops tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, Jonathan Levine said:

I don’t even own an iPad but now that Logic Pro is coming to it, I’m extra excited to see what they have in store for the Mac version because I imagine a pretty major revamp is coming to that at some point too. 

Aside from bug fixes, I’m also curious to see what else they include in 10.7.8 if that also drops tomorrow. 

am hoping there's more, but it could be that 10.7.8 simply brings compatibility with logic on the ipad. anyway, we'll know soon enough...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

10.7.8 was mentioned in the tech specs lines of Logic Pro for iPad. 

This was only mentioned in the press release BTW, not in the main Logic for iPad pages in the notes at the bottom.

Will we be seeing 10.7.8 today too? - I guess so, otherwise the reviews are not going to be able to test or report on how roundtripping works...

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, des99 said:

This was only mentioned in the press release BTW, not in the main Logic for iPad pages in the notes at the bottom.

Will we be seeing 10.7.8 today too? - I guess so, otherwise the reviews are not going to be able to test or report on how roundtripping works...

Rumor is a 1pm eastern time zone release according to Mac rumors. I’m expecting to see 10.7.8 today personally I would honestly be surprised if they don’t call this 10.8 with the new gross beat feature but maybe they got some stuff in store for an update after wwdc and this is just the top of the iceberg. Ps Apple fan boy here my optimism is highly suspect 

• Like 3

final cut (on the mac) just got an update, to work with FCP on the ipad, so the logic update should happen really soon.

lots of new features & fixes for FCP! so bodes well for logic...

EDIT: the new stuff is nice! now i'm just holding my breath for the logic update...

EDIT2: yep, downloading LP now ☺️

Edited by fisherking
  • Like 2

I'll do that, as usual. (I've a good collection of old zipped Logics in my folders)

But I'll like to see people testing the temperature of the water when I'm on a beach, then I'll go to swim. 😄

Edited by FLH3
  • Like 1