Logic Pro 10.7.8 is out!

David Nahmani

10.7.8 Bug?  Settings:Display:Tracks

Joined Sep 2012

Posted just now

People:  Aiside from the prolific anomalies reported in this software release, let me know if this is working for you. David, you may have some indication if I'm doing something wrong.  This worked for me up until 10.7.8.

Open a new project instance. Create a midi  or audio track, right click the track: track header components: toggle track color bar on.  Go to Settings: Display: Tracks and toggle Track Color to Auto Assign 24 Colors and Region Color to As Track Color.  Create some new tracks in both midi and audio.  On my machine, this works for any new audio region I add to the project, however, in this version, all new midi tracks are standard green without respect to previous settings.  I have a loose color scheme I follow for general parts (drums, bass, synth, etc) and I usually do that manually, since I started using this feature, but it's annoying that it doesn't work for me on new midi tracks any longer.  MBP M1 13", Monterey, LPX 10.7.8.  I haven't had a chance to see if my (last model intel) MacMini in my main studio is doing this also.

Let me know people.  Help on aisle 6....

4 hours ago, GregAinOR said:

Open a new project instance. Create a midi  or audio track, right click the track: track header components: toggle track color bar on.  Go to Settings: Display: Tracks and toggle Track Color to Auto Assign 24 Colors and Region Color to As Track Color.  Create some new tracks in both midi and audio.  On my machine, this works for any new audio region I add to the project, however, in this version, all new midi tracks are standard green without respect to previous settings.  I have a loose color scheme I follow for general parts (drums, bass, synth, etc) and I usually do that manually, since I started using this feature, but it's annoying that it doesn't work for me on new midi tracks any longer.  MBP M1 13", Monterey, LPX 10.7.8.  I haven't had a chance to see if my (last model intel) MacMini in my main studio is doing this also.

It seems to be a new bug in LPX v.10.7.8…. another one! 🙄

14 hours ago, GregAinOR said:

10.7.8 Bug?  Settings:Display:Tracks

Joined Sep 2012

Posted just now

People:  Aiside from the prolific anomalies reported in this software release, let me know if this is working for you. David, you may have some indication if I'm doing something wrong.  This worked for me up until 10.7.8.

Let me know people.  Help on aisle 6....

Yes, this bug was reported earlier: 

I've discovered what (so far) seems to be a reliable and less cumbersome fix of the piano roll problem I've reported. (Problem: Region disappears when trying to edit it in piano roll. Somewhat cumbersome solution: After making sure piano roll is linked to the region, unlink it before editing.) The new way of solving the problem is to open the piano roll in its own window (command 4) rather than at the bottom of the main window. So far, when the piano roll is in its own window, I can edit it without first unlinking it from the region.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 3:57 PM, WolfWein said:

same here. Sadly this forces me to revert back to 10.7.7.

bug report sent to Apple.

this is a bummer! I'm still on 10.6.3 but getting a new Mac soon... I hope this isn't a permanent bug... I think this was kind of an undocumented feature before but I've been using it for like over a decade. Also really useful for using Logic with apps like VEP so your aux tracks that have the multi out audio routed to them can also function as midi tracks and then everything is right there on the same track. The only limitations to this feature I've found is that you can't "multi record" on these kinds of tracks... ie have several of them in record at once, and also this feature hasn't worked with Logic's new multiport AU3 implementation if I remember correctly. I wish they'd fix these things and keep the feature sets consistent!!

1 hour ago, studioj said:

I wish they'd fix these things and keep the feature sets consistent!!

fixing things is important, but why would apple (or any developer) not offer new features? logic is so far from what it was a few years ago. progress is good, it just (often) comes with bugs... that (hopefully) get sorted out in an update.

• Like 1

Fantastic news! The piano-roll workaround I discovered and posted about on Thursday turned out either to work by random chance or an accident, because over the weekend I wasn't able to replicate the success. I hope to God 10.7.9 is the answer.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:45 PM, mattrixx said:

I can confirm here that I cannot record Midi to a sub track of a Multi out instrument (appears to record, but disappears on stop. Also won't accepts "Capture as Recording")

Me too. This is TOTALLY irritating, as it's my main way of inputting Midi. Hey ho. Glad it wasn't something stupid that I was doing. Lol.