Logic Pro 10.7.8 is out!

David Nahmani

On 6/14/2023 at 5:20 PM, Atlas007 said:

Pretty hard to tell… If you read the information where the url of my previous email leads to, you could get the gist of what might be the cause of your issue.

If you encounter such idiosyncrasy into all your projects< even the newly created ones in LPX 10.7.8 (**while not starting same from an existing template), then you might consider such as a bug providing there are no other unsuspected cause lurking behind same.

This post led me to a workaround that (fingers crossed) will continue to work.

I hadn't been working in multi region mode when the bug I described was happening--but just now as an experiment I turned on multi region mode by selecting two adjacent regions, and the bug went away. I didn't need to go into multi region mode for any purpose other than the experiment. But if that turns out to be the thing that fixes the bug, I will always select two adjacent regions in the future.

I don't know if this bit of empirical data suggests any particular rhyme or reason to explain the cause of the problem, but would be interested if so. In the meantime, I just hope the fix keeps working.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ted598 said:

This post led me to a workaround that (fingers crossed) will continue to work.

I hadn't been working in multi region mode when the bug I described was happening--but just now as an experiment I turned on multi region mode by selecting two adjacent regions, and the bug went away. I didn't need to go into multi region mode for any purpose other than the experiment. But if that turns out to be the thing that fixes the bug, I will always select two adjacent regions in the future.

I don't know if this bit of empirical data suggests any particular rhyme or reason to explain the cause of the problem, but would be interested if so. In the meantime, I just hope the fix keeps working.

Thanx for sharing your experience and workaround!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Check that under Logic Pro > Settings > General > Editing, you have "Right Mouse Button" set to "Is Assignable to a Tool"? 

Yes. I have only noticed this in the piano editor so far. It's present in the arrange.
I just checked the audio editor and it's working there too.

[Edit- I didnt read this properly and ewasnt instantly familiar with the setting options.
It was actually set to "tools and shortcuts"]

Edited by GeeMan

45 minutes ago, GeeMan said:

I just switched the prefs through all the options. I do get the toolbar when it's set to toolbar only, as soon as i select tools and shortcuts, it stops working and only shows shortcuts

Toolbar? I'm not sure what you mean here. The preference should be set to "Is Assignable to a Tool". 

Oh I see what you mean now, I guess you meant that if the preference is set to "Opens Tool and Shorcut Menu", the tool menu disappears. 

2 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Toolbar? I'm not sure what you mean here. The preference should be set to "Is Assignable to a Tool". 

Yes, that's what I mean. It drops down a menu bar full of tools to select from.

Actually what I want is "Opens tool and shortcut menu"

Edited by GeeMan

2 minutes ago, GeeMan said:

Yes, that's what I mean. It drops down a menu bar full of tools to select from.

Actually what I want is "Opens tool and shortcut menu"

Ok then you are getting the expected behavior. Only "Is Assignable to a Tool" gives you a menu to assign your right-click to a tool. The option to open the tool and shortcut menu does not allow you to assign the right-click to a tool, therefore you don't get a 3rd tool menu. You should see the same number of tool menus in all panes, Tracks area, Piano Roll, or any other editor. 

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

Ok then you are getting the expected behavior. Only "Is Assignable to a Tool" gives you a menu to assign your right-click to a tool. The option to open the tool and shortcut menu does not allow you to assign the right-click to a tool, therefore you don't get a 3rd tool menu. You should see the same number of tool menus in all panes, Tracks area, Piano Roll, or any other editor. 

OK IM a bit lost now.
Selecting "Opens tool and shortcut menu" Should give me a tool list and then the shortcuts like it does in the arrange window, correct?
In the piano roll area (only) I am only seeing shortcuts when I make this selection. Not the tools.

1 hour ago, Jordi Torres said:

For what it's worth, I get the same behavior as GeeMan here in 10.7.8 (...) But works in 10.7.7:

Sure enough, I was actually in 10.7.7 when I tested this, sorry about that! I tried it in 10.7.8 and get the same result as you guys, so it looks like a new bug in 10.7.8. Thanks for reporting it!

@GeeMan it would be best if you can start a new bug report in the Bug forum: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/forum/16-bugs-workarounds/

• Like 3

Hello all,

Since the update, I am no longer getting an audio output signal. In Garageband 10.4.8 I am still getting an output through my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6. Mic or line input signal fine, but no output.

I tried the output to Macbook Pro speakers, no signal.

I have Cubase 12 Artist, input output fine.

Any help? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 11.18.40 AM.png

Hey all - I've held off on updating to 10.7.8 after reading of so many bugs it seems to have brought with it. Previously, I always installed updates as soon as they came in.

I'm generally tech-muddled enough to assume any odd glitch is user error, getting lost in a "how come it's not doing the thing I *think* it used to do?" loop rather than connecting anything to an update. With all that said, is it silly of me to hold off on this update? Surely any/every update will have a few glitches, right?

16 minutes ago, grumblepig said:

Hey all - I've held off on updating to 10.7.8 after reading of so many bugs it seems to have brought with it. Previously, I always installed updates as soon as they came in.

I'm generally tech-muddled enough to assume any odd glitch is user error, getting lost in a "how come it's not doing the thing I *think* it used to do?" loop rather than connecting anything to an update. With all that said, is it silly of me to hold off on this update? Surely any/every update will have a few glitches, right?

depends on your needs. most of the issues discussed on this thread don't affect me, so am good in 10.7.8 (with one minor weirdness: if i import a logic project, the imported tracks, in the mixer only, show the wrong names 😳). 

look thru this thread; if those particular issues don't relate to you, update. either way, backup 10.7.7 FIRST, in case...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fisherking said:

depends on your needs. most of the issues discussed on this thread don't affect me, so am good in 10.7.8 (with one minor weirdness: if i import a logic project, the imported tracks, in the mixer only, show the wrong names 😳). 

look thru this thread; if those particular issues don't relate to you, update. either way, backup 10.7.7 FIRST, in case...

I don't think I've ever backed up a previous version before updating. Can you clue me in how to do that?