No audio signal into Logic since upgrading to Sonoma?

indytone
Go to solution Solved by indytone,

Greetings. 

I updated to Sonoma 14.1.1 and Logic this week and since then, I get no audio signal into Logic from my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 v3. I hear and see the meter jumping as I play into the Scarlett within the Focusrite Control app; however, there is no audio recognized within Logic. 

Here's a link to a screen recording of me verifying my settings and playing. No audio in the video. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7oa7uzmzudolbu/A5B61CA5-6265-4550-9A82-1A66D3C45269.mov?dl=0

Super frustrating. 

6 minutes ago, indytone said:

Greetings. 

I updated to Sonoma 14.1.1 and Logic this week and since then, I get no audio signal into Logic from my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 v3. I hear and see the meter jumping as I play into the Scarlett within the Focusrite Control app; however, there is no audio recognized within Logic. 

Here's a link to a screen recording of me verifying my settings and playing. No audio in the video. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7oa7uzmzudolbu/A5B61CA5-6265-4550-9A82-1A66D3C45269.mov?dl=0

Super frustrating. 

have you checked logic in system settings>privacy & security>microphone? 

• Solution

UPDATE: Fixed. Wow. This is dumb. 

You know the "orange microphone" icon that is new in Sonoma (assuming it's new. new to me.)? Once I disabled "Voice Isolation," everything works as it should. 

WTF would this have an effect? Strange... dumb.

• Like 2

Yes, it has bitten quite a few people here, not usually blocking audio completely, but making it sound distorted, quiet and weird, as it's DSP is presumably trying to suppress anything that isn't voice, even on a connected audio interface that may not have mics connected etc...

24 minutes ago, des99 said:

Yes, it has bitten quite a few people here, not usually blocking audio completely, but making it sound distorted, quiet and weird, as it's DSP is presumably trying to suppress anything that isn't voice, even on a connected audio interface that may not have mics connected etc...

Well, while my “problem” ended up actually being a “feature,” I appreciate this forum a lot — especially how quickly you responded. 

Thank you.

• Like 3