Drummer Feature is not following tempo.

rileyw1
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

I just recently updated to 10.8.1 and I have been noticing delays certain tracks in my existing projects, however the most pronounced issue I have found is with the drummer feature. In all of my existing projects and in any new projects I that I create the drummer is behind the tempo. See the screenshot below to see the drummer track and a bounce track I made that shows how far behind the actual sound from the drums is.

I have found that if I bounce the track I can then get it to align with the project settings, however I have never had to do this manually before and would like to figure it out.

Screenshot2023-12-21at7_33_00PM.thumb.jpg.2b9af2afad760ed2f4de74a4da10b823.jpg

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks!

RW

In some genres (e.g. the Rock drummers), there is a setting for the "feel" of the drummer, if she/he "pushes" (plays ahead of the beat) or "pulls" (drags behind the beat, plays after the beat). Maybe you have a degree of "pull" dialed in?

If you want to change this, go into the drummer setting, press "details" to go into another panel, and there you will find the setting.

In the latest version of the logic manual, look to pages 450–451:

https://help.apple.com/pdf/logicpromac/en_US/logic-pro-mac-user-guide.pdf

I hope this helps you!

If there is an issue with Audio recordings, it might be something to do with Audio Recording delay. Go into Settings, and then under the "Audio" pane, there is a setting for the "Recording Delay", where you can dial in a value (in samples) of the delay of recorded Audio. 

On that same pane, you will find other settings having to do with Latency as well, which might be worth checking out. 

Please let me know if any of this helps. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Socrates said:

Maybe you have a degree of "pull" dialed in?

In the screenshot, the Drummer region is actually synced with the grid, so it looks like Drummer is actually following the project tempo. The issue occurs once the Drummer regions are bounced to audio regions. 

@rileyw1 is there a way you could share this project so that one of us could have a look?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

In the screenshot, the Drummer region is actually synced with the grid, so it looks like Drummer is actually following the project tempo. The issue occurs once the Drummer regions are bounced to audio regions. 

@rileyw1 is there a way you could share this project so that one of us could have a look?

@David Nahmani Thanks for the reply. If I unmute the drummer and play the bounced track and the drummer track together they are in sync slightly behind the project tempo. I have been able to address this by pushing the bounced track in line with the tempo. The drummer is just as behind the project tempo as the bounce.

• Solution

@rileyw1,

Did you check your Plug-In Latency compensation setting? If it's Off it will produce the same results you're getting:

Screenshot2023-12-22at22_39_33.thumb.png.3ee962ede3dadbbfc74d91e4d7c9f7aa.png

Also, it's a good idea to keep your Project Start marker at position 1 1 1 1. Moving the marker back into the negative bars area is known to create unexpected behaviors in projects.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

@rileyw1,

Did you check your Plug-In Latency compensation setting? If it's Off it will produce the same results you're getting:

Screenshot2023-12-22at22_39_33.thumb.png.3ee962ede3dadbbfc74d91e4d7c9f7aa.png

Also, it's a good idea to keep your Project Start marker at position 1 1 1 1, it is known to create unexpected behaviors in projects.

J.

That solved it! Thank you!

• Like 1