Korg NanoKontrol2 Keeps Disappearing!

LogicIsDoomed

MAJOR HEADACHE/PROBLEM with KORG NanoKONTROL2

1) Everyday (day in and day out), in "Control Surface Setup" I have to re-add my Korg Nanokontrol 2.
Every time I boot Logic it has disappeared.

2) Once re-added sometimes it will not function.  So...I open "Controller Assignments" in Logic to see that once again the "Midi Input Message > Input" is not selected  for the "Korg Nanokontrol 2".   Everyday (day in and day out), I'm forced to open the "Midi Input Message > Input" flip menu and reassign all 40 of my assigned controller to the Nanokontrol 2.

TROUBLESHOOTING I've TRIED:

a) resetting NanoKontrol 2 to factory setting
b) uninstalling and reinstalling latest
c) Reset Midi Driver
d) Make sure this is selected & set:  Logic Pro menu > Settings > Midi > Inputs > NK2 Slider/Knobs
e) Trashed Logic CS preferences, more than 10 times

No matter what I do, the problems described in #1 an #2 above still persists.

Any help, appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by LogicIsDoomed

• LogicIsDoomed changed the title to Korg NanoKontrol2 Keeps Disappearing!

You wrote:

“Everyday (day in and day out), I'm forced to open the "Midi Input Message > Input" flip menu and reassign all 40 of my assigned controller to the Nanokontrol 2."

Are you using your own control assignments or are you using the default Logic controller mode?  

It can only do one or the other. 

If you install the Korg script then it will run in Logic mode. If you want to customize the controls, do not run the script installer.

Since you have an M1 Mac do not install the Korg USB driver:

"Please use only with Apple standard driver.
KORG USB-MIDI Driver cannot be used on macOS Catalina or later.
Please uninstall the KORG USB-MIDI Driver and use the standard driver. Please refer following link: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/1/285/3856/"

Edited by enossified

Joust as a workaround you might get the controller working and then exit Logic and copy the control surfaces preferences (check David Nahami’s article for the exact name and location of it) file to your desktop.

20 minutes ago, Studio162A said:

The thread mentioned above includes a link to a video which allowed me to use the KNC. Setting up the NanoKontrol2 the way I wanted it and then saving that setup via the "Write Scene Data" (I think that's the command) made the unit functional.

Jim

I think some people don’t think to click write scene data. I made that mistake. 

glad the video helped.