Studio Pics

Thanks!!!

I played in bands, A- and B- circuit around the country for years, and when I settled down a bit, got into motorcycle racing, but it was the street that got me.. Yamaha R1, brakes went in a right turn doing about 75mph, BLAM! into a mountain side. Paraplegic, T6 Complete now, 6 years+. But, 7 months prior to that accident, I got hit by a lady in a turn, 65mph (me) + 60mph (her)= some horrible injuries (no head or face, thank you helmet!), and even though she had pitiful insurance, I had Geico, and a hefty amount. After lawyers and settlements and all, I was able to outfit a decent home studio. I already owned alot from collecting over the years.

The white tiger fur? My fav animal, absolutely love them. My last bike (the R1) was furred with white tiger fur as well... kids loved to come up and pet it- lol! Love music, it is my life, so when I woke up after being in a coma, and they told me I was paralyzed, my first and only important questions: Is my head ok? Will I retain full use of my arms and hands? WHen they said yes, I cried for joy. I still do every so often...

what a story...i feel for ya.....

i worked as an enabler/facilitator for a 'tetra' guy (some years back)....great guy, great experience....great job

he was the 'proverbial' guy who jumped out of a window on acid...except he meant to do it....to end it all, not because he thought he could fly

even though he only had limited use of his right hand, and with his lungs compromised, he could play a 'mean' harmonica.....and smoke a 'mean' spliff.....i provided both the gear and the rolling hands :D

it's great that you still have that upper movement so that you can continue with the music...maybe you could share some, over at 'the booth' , some time

later, nikki :)

Thanks!!!

Paraplegic, T6 Complete now, 6 years+. But, 7 months prior to that accident, I got hit by a lady in a turn, 65mph (me) + 60mph (her)= some horrible injuries (no head or face, thank you helmet!), and even though she had pitiful insurance, I had Geico, and a hefty amount.

Touching story Nikki.... Just last April my 13 yr. old brother was shot in the back while sitting on my aunts couch.. He's no gang banger or trouble maker just happened to be at the wrong place @ the wrong time.. Watching TV @ my aunts and a stray bullet from outside left my lil man paralyzed.. He is a T-10 complete.. But I may have some good news for you nikki ( If you don't already know ).. There is a place called project walk in california and they have a few new facilities around the country, That has a whole new outlook on paraplegics... When a doctor tells you that you are paralyzed and you will never walk or what ever, they say that based on the past 50 yrs. of medicine.. Project walk basis there theory on future science and medicine... To make a long story short they have gotten people to walk again.. Complete or incomplete to them does not matter.. My brother who's spinal cord is supposed to be completely severed has slight controlled movement and feeling down to hiss toes... I'm going to try and post his video of him walking at rehab with a walker and some assistance from his trainers, but you have to keep in mind also that he has only been to this program 4 times.. I know this is waaaaaaayyyy of the topic of Logic but with the progress my brother has made in such a short period of time, I'd be selfish not to spread the word about project walk because it does work... Dan Cummins who was a quad from a diving accident, After 3 yrs. of moving nothing but his head and mouth is up and walking, driving his own car, and now helping people like my brother to keep hope... Just check it out Nikki cuz its never to late and Dan cummins is living proof...

www.projectwalk.org

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=98520849&n=98520849&MyToken=a0580614-429c-4b43-b798-6f40462309c7

'twas a lot funnier when i read it back, quoted in your post

well here goes nothing

won't make any sense for those who don't read it in context....but i gave up caring what people thought a long, long time ago

p.s how are you enjoying the mac/logic ride...and is you 'pc' mate regretting his decision yet ?????......if he says no, he's just in denial :D

:D

Ok, Biff I am pretty much in the same boat as you, so I am going to upload a pic of my "studio".

Keep in mind I am a graduate student......please!

-

That's nice.

Uncluttered and looks like well-thought-out with those

angled controllers.

Cool, man.

-

Guess you have to go into "bendy-india-rubber-left-arm"

mode to play any bass notes on that Yammy, though ! ! ! !

:wink:

-

C

Thanks. Just wish that I had the ability to get the keyboard somehow under the desk, parallel with my monitors. But I like the height. Oh well.

BTW, nice call on the Yamaha without being able to see much. I love the P200, though these days it is just for playing MIDI as its soundset is a little limited and I have to get a better soundcard (looking at a firebox).

The transpose button is priceless, but the real kicker is the modwheel and pitchbend. Sucks.

p.s how are you enjoying the mac/logic ride...and is you 'pc' mate regretting his decision yet ?????......if he says no, he's just in denial :D

well he's a former 'flatmate' so I've been making an effort to not rub it in. Eventually he'll need the kind of power that my system offers and he'll come over so that I can help him with it ... then he'll know.

Well, I'm not new to the mac ride ( I just replaced my pbg4 with my imac) but I'm enjoying the logic ride. It's nice to finally have the tools that I need to make the music in my head ... I've still got a lot to learn, but between this site, david' book, and the sflogic ninja videos on youtube, I think that things are comin' along at a nice speed.

I've been planning on getting some pics of my music area (wouldn't even begin to call it a studio ... I don't even have proper monitors) up, but I keep putting it off .... I'm in the middle of a few different things, and I want to straighten a few things out before I post some pics.

...... Just wish that I had the ability to get the keyboard somehow under the desk, parallel with my monitors.

-

I don't think there's anything amiss with having to revolve one's body

through 90 degrees to play stuff in ! ! ! ! We have to have keyboards

out in the open because musicians insist on coming in here and wanting

to play them, so I devised this little double-sided rack affair to hold

some of my collection:

-

http://www.kbodance.com/keySta88.JPG

-

http://www.kbodance.com/retroRoland.JPG

-

The bottom beast is a VERY ancient Casio CZ230-S, which has some

awesome 80's bass sounds, so it lives, MIDI'd up, out on the studio

floor ready for action !

-

Note the distinctive rust on the rear rack ends. The whole thing got

left out in the rain (no, NOT with the instruments on it, silly ....) and I

kinda liked the effect, so it stayed.

-

We're weird in Ireland ....................

-

C

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m6/SkyShot/Studio0208.jpg

Just got the new Mackie MR8's. Really, really nice. Lots of gear from the 90's.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m6/SkyShot/Studio02087.jpg

Some vintage stuff

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m6/SkyShot/Studio02086.jpg

1971 Les Paul Deluxe

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m6/SkyShot/guitars.jpg

More beauties...

here is my little set up. i just finished building it. i built all the furniture and racks in it. except for the chair...lol i still have an analog console, and i have no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon. plus in the back corner you can see my square tube lava lamp. sorry for the blurry pics. i took them with my i-phone.

IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.871c584f4df0f06e351e736719ec1b4e.JPG

IMG_0329.thumb.JPG.e77aa69a24f88e19aa0940ef42253192.JPG

IMG_0324.thumb.JPG.7b527fe128d435c431b8db5ca96352f9.JPG

pantomimeHorse, what is that magnificient looking M-audio keyboard you have there?

-

:)

-

That, Mr Larken, is a M-Audio Keystation Pro 88. It absolutely kicks mountains of

arse and I wouldn't be parted from it, even on the promise of a fortnight in

Britney's boudoir with spending money.

-

The weighted action is great (for me) and I can assign any or all of those

ninety-nine-zillion knobs and faders to almost any Logic or plugin

parameter. The buttons above the bend/mod wheels are set up for MMC.

-

Luv it to bits.

-

C

SkyShot: I just gotta get me a lava lamp, I suppose ............. !

-

Any reason why you prefer those Mackies horizontal ?

I would have been a bit wary of putting the woofs and the tweets

on different axes. I had some Questeds years ago and when I

finally got talked into having them vertical, it was like I'd just

gone out and bought new monitoring.

-

C

"Any reason why you prefer those Mackies horizontal ? "

The answer is no -

I tried them for a couple days on their side since they were taller than my old 4406's - and I wanted the tweeters closer to ear level.

However, I changed them to vertical with a slight angle down.

Much better. Not even close, really.

hey calvin, nice setup, haven't seen monitors setup in this way yet. cool drum kit ya got setup too. that sure would be fun to play with.

afraid i'm in el-bo's situation as far as cameras go as I just lent my digital out to my mother in-law. but will post a pic once her trip to europe is over ( week or two ). hey it's been great to see everyone's pics. keep'm comin' everybody. oh yeah, love the jungle feel nikki, big into the jungle being an absolute dnb fanatic. you've got quite the guitar habit. maybe one day my synth collection will look like that ( probably not, but it's fun to wish ).

cheers to all! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: