Studio Pics

Hey Deepswing

I LOVE the feel of your studio. If I had a studio that looked like that I'd be able to work 15 hours straight probably. :lol:

Awesome. :D

I agree with that for the most part .... I just don't know about the wallpaper ... I have an aversion to wallpaper ...

Hey Deepswing

I LOVE the feel of your studio. If I had a studio that looked like that I'd be able to work 15 hours straight probably. :lol:

I agree with that for the most part .... I just don't know about the wallpaper ... I have an aversion to wallpaper ...

I don't know, there's something nice and traditional about wallpaper, I usually like something a little more bright and flowery though hahahahaha :lol:

Hey Deepswing

haha.. I DO work 15 hours.. no problem.

The walls are actually a stencil. For years I had this blue paint... with thousands of papers, flyers etc everywhere.

My "wife" suggested I make the place look more "professional", and so we did this.

I do get lots of "comfortable & good vibe in here" type of comments form most. It's a mess again though by now, as you can see.

BTW, if you look in the lower left corner of my shot from inside the booth, you'll see a little thing I just got for the studio.

I had one too many spills, so I ordered some of those "boat type cup holders".

They work great!

I mounted one in the booth, and to the front of my table, and it's not gonna go over.

Just don't mount one over your computer.

lol

Ahhh!

But do you have a classically trained hedgehog? He is a real Beethoven freak..

http://www.nintheye.com/pics/mr_prickles_01.jpg

And although not a black and white, our cat Lucy Sue has some black, and she is an honor roll student! We hope she will take up piano or drums soon..

http://www.nintheye.com/pics/lucy_01.jpg

I am dog person, but please... no animals in the studio.

Hair & dander is almost as bad as smoke for equipment.

Allergies prevent me from working in any studio with cats. 10 minutes max.

Here's a question.

Do you like you work environment to be dim or bright?

I like it dim/dark.

It seems this is like a cat & dog question for most studio people.

Here's a question.

I like it dim/dark.

Must have dogs in the studio. Must have dogs in the studio. Must have...

OK, must have at least one dog in the studio (I have two). It's a must! :mrgreen: Otherwise it just feels too lonely and isolated.

On the question of bright/dim, I like it bright during the day and dim at night. I thought I used to like dim during the day, but I don't think it was doing my psyche very much good. Still need to improve the lighting in my studio, because when it comes to troubleshooting at night I can't see well enough behind my racks. I had one of those dual halogen utility lights in the studio -- 1000W of blinding light. It was great! But the contractor/DIY look of the light itself was too fugly to bear. So it's gone. Looking for alternatives. Meanwhile I have flashlights :D

Here's a question.

I like it dim/dark.

Must have dogs in the studio. Must have dogs in the studio. Must have...

OK, must have at least one dog in the studio (I have two). It's a must! :mrgreen: Otherwise it just feels too lonely and isolated.

On the question of bright/dim, I like it bright during the day and dim at night. I thought I used to like dim during the day, but I don't think it was doing my psyche very much good. Still need to improve the lighting in my studio, because when it comes to troubleshooting at night I can't see well enough behind my racks. I had one of those dual halogen utility lights in the studio -- 1000W of blinding light. It was great! But the contractor/DIY look of the light itself was too fugly to bear. So it's gone. Looking for alternatives. Meanwhile I have flashlights :D

I got some of that rope lighting from Home Depot and strung it up all under my tables, so I can always see for troubleshooting. Or wear a miners hats. lol

you need 2 though...for stereo :wink:

LOL!

OK, since we're sharing pet pix... here they are! Meet the stereo pair, Remy and Boing.

http://www.score2picture.com/logicpix/remster.jpg

http://www.score2picture.com/logicpix/boingx.jpg

Hobbies include barking, sleeping, chewing on pig's ears, mooching for people food, sleeping, barking, occasional howling, shedding, sleeping, going outside, eating, sleeping, and riding in the car. All on a professional level, of course... :mrgreen:

@ Draw, your Akita pup beautiful, but the puppy? O.. M.. G.. How cuuuuuuuuute!!!!

@ Sky, I like your cyber pet. Looks like a Rhodesian Ridgeback but, like, only the back part. Upon close analysis you can tell this by the ridges in its, um, furr-ier (there's an audio pun in there if you look really closely. Like with a microscope).

I know it's almost like totally just an imaginary animal, but it's still kinda cute. :mrgreen: