(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

http://music.cornwarning.com/2011/12/07/new-paulstretch-os-x-build/

THIS will make him talk (sorry david...) :twisted:

that piece of software only stretches guy's named paul.... :roll: :roll:

yikes, your joke is worse than mine... (i didn't think that was possible)... :roll:

paulstretch is a great app, i've used it a few times, to create insane pad-like things to put over beats...

this is like the ultimate 'cry wolf' thread....when they do release it, none of us will believe it

You'll believe Logic X is out when it is released. It will be quite obvious.

The day Logic X is released someone will start a thread with the subject line: When is Logic 11 going to come out?

this is like the ultimate 'cry wolf' thread....when they do release it, none of us will believe it

You'll believe Logic X is out when it is released. It will be quite obvious.

The day Logic X is released someone will start a thread with the subject line: When is Logic 11 going to come out?

:lol: :lol:

el-bo, see, this is why we need the internet, to provide us with answers to otherwise unanswerable questions such as "what time does the apocalypse start?"

Hey, how do you access that countdown-to-Logic-X display in Logic 9? I can't seem to find it.

el-bo, see, this is why we need the internet, to provide us with answers to otherwise unanswerable questions such as "what time does the apocalypse start?"

http://mycountdown.org/fullpage.php?cp3_Hex=0F0200&cp2_Hex=FF0000&cp1_Hex=F9F9FF&ham=0&img=&hbg=0&hfg=0&sid=0&fwdt=165&lab=1&text1=The%20Mayan%20Apocalypse&text2=Mayan%20Apocalypse%20Countdown&group=My%20Countdown&countdown=My%20Countdown&widget_number=3010&event_time=1356091200&timezone=UTC

Hey, how do you access that countdown-to-Logic-X display in Logic 9? I can't seem to find it.

oooops, think i might have said too...errrm....pffft....see that bears game last week ??..helluva game

Here's my guess: This July 1st will be the 10th anniversary, to the day, of the takeover of Emagic by Apple. What better occasion than a 10th anniversary to release version 10! :lol:

So much for that!! :roll: :roll:

then it might be the 11th as it will be 10 days after the 10th anniversary

Here's my guess: This July 1st will be the 10th anniversary, to the day, of the takeover of Emagic by Apple. What better occasion than a 10th anniversary to release version 10! :lol:

So much for that!! :roll: :roll:

then it might be the 11th as it will be 10 days after the 10th anniversary

this has degenerated quickly.

this has degenerated quickly.

au contraire, mon frere...this thread was doomed before it started

Rumor

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A rumor or rumour (spelling differs between British and American English) is often viewed as "an unverified account or explanation of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern" (33)[1] However, a review of the research on rumor conducted by Pendleton in 1998 found that research across sociology, psychology, and communication studies had widely varying definitions of rumor.[2]

Thus, rumor is a concept that lacks a particular definition in the social sciences. But most theories agree that rumor involves some kind of a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. In addition, some scholars have identified rumor as a subset of propaganda, the latter another notoriously difficult concept to define. A pioneer of propaganda studies, Harold Lasswell defined propaganda in 1927 as referring "solely to the control of opinion by significant symbols, or, to speak more concretely and less accurately, by stories, rumors, reports, pictures, and other forms of social communication" (1927:9).[3]

Rumors are also often discussed with regard to "misinformation" and "disinformation" (the former often seen as simply false and the latter seen as deliberately false, though usually from a government source given to the media or a foreign government).[4] Rumors thus have often been viewed as particular forms of other communication concepts.

the only use for such a thread is to sharpen one's wit, but even if not, at 16 pages chances are a thread about rumours concerning probably the most tight-lipped company is not gonna be providing much usable info

I'm pretty sure on how this will turn out.

As it is, Logic Pro is way too cheap compared to any other similar DAW. And that is just too good to be true. Apple is hard business and why should they suddenly give away half the price when people are willing to pay the double? It just doesn't make sense. And although it could be part of some world domination schedule it still seems a little odd compared to Apples politics in general. They never lower the price on their products. That's not their strategy if you look at any other product made by Apple.

My guess is, that Apple will release a brand new DAW. still build on Logic Pro. But with tons of new features, new UI etc. And off course they will charge you for it. I'll bet it will cost even more than it's competitors. And we will buy it because it's so phreaking nice. The old Logic Pro will still be supported for a while. But it will be faced out.

As it is, Logic Pro is way too cheap compared to any other similar DAW. And that is just too good to be true. Apple is hard business and why should they suddenly give away half the price when people are willing to pay the double? It just doesn't make sense. And although it could be part of some world domination schedule it still seems a little odd compared to Apples politics in general. They never lower the price on their products. That's not their strategy if you look at any other product made by Apple.

I'm afraid you're missing Apple's strategy:

They want to sell hardware, and the software is the bait. They make money on their machines. Nothing simpler than that.

I don't think you understand Apple's software strategy at all.

They don't *have* to make money on software - they don't make a loss, but they price their software as an incentive for people to buy more hardware. *This* is why it's aggressively priced, and priced at levels other software-only companies cannot compete at.

They don't *have* to make money on software - they don't make a loss, but they price their software as an incentive for people to buy more hardware. *This* is why it's aggressively priced, and priced at levels other software-only companies cannot compete at.

right, and it's only getting cheaper with the app store and downloads-only, see snow mountain upgrade cost..

right, and it's only getting cheaper with the app store and downloads-only, see snow mountain upgrade cost..

blimey, that IS cheap...thanks :)

It's actually quite the opposite, it is (and has always been) Apple's strategy to buy expensive software, bundle it with other software and/or media and sell it for dirt cheap. The goal being to turn people into Apple users who are going to buy Macs, iPods and iPhones, iPads etc.. that's what they have done throughout their history.

If you look at Logic, at some point to get half the bundle we get today from Emagic you'd have had to spend several thousand dollars (you had to buy Space Designer, ES2, Jam Packs etc.. separately). Apple bundled it up and sold it for $999. That was a revolution and many long time users who had spent 2 or 3 times that were pissed! Then they added more stuff in and sold "Logic Studio" for $500. Now they broke up the bundle a bit but you can get Logic Pro for only $199.

But one of the most remarkable example of Apple's strategy is when they bought the software "color" from Final Touch, who sold the software for $25,000. Apple bundled it up with their Final Cut Studio 3 suite that sold for around $1,000.

So anyway, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream, you guys? I like vanilla a lot, but I think chocolate chocolate chip edges it out by just a bit.

Hello again everyone, my name is Ruari & I love pistachio ice cream…

http://www.disottofoods.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Croquantin-Pistachio2.jpg