(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody interested in reading some "tea leafs" from the NAB show in Las Vegas?

Larry Jordan posted a blog after meeting with Apple about some announcements for an upcoming update of Final Cut Pro X.

http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/wordpress/archives/1800

One of the features: Multichannel Audio Editing Tool.

This is interesting because Soundtrack Pro that came with the old FInal Cut Pro 7 doesn't exist anymore. So what will be the audio engine powering that, Garageband, or Logic? The old Logic Pro 9 or something new like "Logic Pro X"?

And then he drops that interesting line:

"I also got a sense they (Apple) are working on another application to join FCP X, Motion, and Compressor. (There are several that would be very useful, we shall have to see what develops. I don’t expect anything announced immediately.)"

Let the rumor mill start

This is interesting because Soundtrack Pro that came with the old FInal Cut Pro 7 doesn't exist anymore. So what will be the audio engine powering that, Garageband, or Logic?

Just because Apple decided to stop distributing Soundtrack Pro does not mean it can't use Soundtrack Pro's audio engine in another product like FCP.

Here's my guess: This July 1st will be the 10th anniversary, to the day, of the takeover of Emagic by Apple. What better occasion than a 10th anniversary to release version 10! :lol:

That sounds like something Apple would totally do ;)

• 1 month later...

You guys think you have it bad. I'm a Digital Performer user and we have to wait FOREVER for updates. DP is still 32-bit. DP8 was promised for spring 2012. Logic has had like, two releases since DP has had one.

But the good news is, both DP and Logic (along with Cubase) are, depending on what you produce, IMO far ahead of the competition that it's cool as long as they get it right.

• 2 weeks later...

I am certainly not the first and I will certainly not be the last to ask...

When in God's name is the next Logic update... I have a new mbp with mountain lion.

Please refrain from answers like "it is coming out when it comes out". This is now beyond ridiculous. BEYOND.

When searching in google, it is difficult to find any threads that aren't from 2011 or earlier.

Logic 9.1.latest

Mac OSX 10.7.3

MBP 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

This is now beyond ridiculous. BEYOND.

Are Apple aware that they are following your deadlines..?

Let me guess - Logic 9 doesn't have any features for you to actually make any music, and your business is falling apart every day you don't have version 10.0?

Seriously. *Every* major version release ever has impatient people demanding that the next version should be out now, it's taken too long, is Logic dead etc etc. As Erik said, it's boring, especially as you *know* no-one who even knows is in a position to tell anyway - these threads are just pointless venting and are a waste of space for everybody...

I am certainly not the first and I will certainly not be the last to ask...

When in God's name is the next Logic update... I have a new mbp with mountain lion.

Please refrain from answers like "it is coming out when it comes out". This is now beyond ridiculous. BEYOND.

When searching in google, it is difficult to find any threads that aren't from 2011 or earlier.

Logic 9.1.latest

Mac OSX 10.7.3

MBP 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

If you have followed Apple for the last couple of years, they NEVER say when they update a pro app, especially Logic.

So nothing ridiculous there.

This is now beyond ridiculous. BEYOND.

Are Apple aware that they are following your deadlines..?

Let me guess - Logic 9 doesn't have any features for you to actually make any music, and your business is falling apart every day you don't have version 10.0?

Seriously. *Every* major version release ever has impatient people demanding that the next version should be out now, it's taken too long, is Logic dead etc etc. As Erik said, it's boring, especially as you *know* no-one who even knows is in a position to tell anyway - these threads are just pointless venting and are a waste of space for everybody...

Some of us, like me, are still running Logic 8 which causes lots of trouble in OS X Lion (like crashing every time I want to time stretch a region). So yes I'd like Logic 10 to appear very soon now and no, I don't want to spend money on a version that will be out of date, say next month...

So it seems like we will be waiting a lot longer now redmatica has been aquired...

No offense, but that might have NOTHING to do with Logic, and if it does, it might have nothing to do with the next Logic release. And if it does, it might not mean extra delays, because a date of a sealed business deal doesn't necessarily mean other stuff hasn't happened in the background before that. Or do you have actual solid info about specifics in this matter?

PS. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Logic 10 last year, so...

I've been waiting for vanilla with chocolate chips, it should have been released last summer already. What's going on? Surely it doesn't take years to figure out how to add chocolate chips to vanilla ice cream! I'm starving here!!!! :mrgreen:

David, for once I can help you.

I just discovered today that Haagen Dazs released a new version of ice cream. The very version you were longing for. Now you will surely live a long and prosperous life with the delicious nourishment of chocolate chip ice cream.

:D

So anyway, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream, you guys? I like vanilla a lot, but I think chocolate chocolate chip edges it out by just a bit.

Good, there are some serious posts again... Tricky question. Well. If you ever travel to Berlin, be sure to visit the ice cream parlor in the Potsdamer Platz Arkaden. No matter what you order, you will love it.