(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

Oh, and since there was a "first off", I thought "secondly" might give more results: "Second the software will be none of what you expect it to be and everything you didn't expect and never knew you wanted in a D.A.W. Let's start ..."

Just to give you a method to get the whole story - I won't take it further since I find it not too important what someone wrote about what they think about Logic X's arrival...

Haven't read it all, but my first impression is: badly written, I wonder if this is an eleborate fake? It reads like an enthousiastic 16 year old has written this... have you in fact written everything from "Second...", furrytoes...?

O, wait... no, here's the author:

https://discussions.apple.com/people/elektriksol

So, another one bites the dust. Or, as Elekriksol lists as expertise: imagination!

http://thetruthaboutplas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/myth-busted.jpg

My read: it's total BS. Based on his setup, let alone his age, he's not even old enough to know anything about half of what he's talking about! But the real "tell" is that he's kinda willing to spill the beans but not reveal every detail. That's amateur BS-ing for ya. A professional BS-er, like, um, myself, would never make such a mistake. :lol:

have you in fact written everything from "Second...", furrytoes...?

You discovered this anyway but no, I would make it much more believable than that! ;-)

I'm almost tempted to have a go now.

I edited my post to include the whole text, including the author's name etc for easy reading.

I hesitated that it might get me into trouble, but... I could see it was all hot air.

Now that's what I'm talking about - some freakin' crazy ass rumors. I love this stuff. So do you think there is anything credible in that post. For example - Logic not being released until Mountain Lion?

Take a look at his set-up and then judge the credibility haha... He DOES have a mac though! ;)

i have a friend who works for apple, he told me that the latest version of logic won't have any new features, it will just be rock solid, have all major bugs fixed, be more efficient cpu wise, and if it does crash it will always save a backup copy. i told him that i'd never been happier.

i have a friend who works for apple, he told me that the latest version of logic won't have any new features, it will just be rock solid, have all major bugs fixed, be more efficient cpu wise, and if it does crash it will always save a backup copy. i told him that i'd never been happier.

Nice story.

And when you woke up, what did you have for breakfast..?

I talked to an apple once. It just said...

Apple1.jpg.5eb19260dd2ab4477b4ded21da39917d.jpg

I'm all signed in now, but I get a message saying that I'm not authorized to view the thread or some crap like that. Can you post back with the exact title of the thread? Thx!

Hi Ski,

Well, I got this link via Google alert mailed to my inbox. I have a google alert configured for anything "logic pro x" related.

So unfortunately I can't give you anything more. I'm surprised someone else managed to get the whole sentence and I'm

quite disappointed about the release being after mountain lion...

• 2 weeks later...
With the long delay for Logic Pro X we will probably see some big new things. I wonder if this will include an iPad version...

If all this delay is so that they can make an iPad version, I will leave Logic forever.

who the F*** is recording all this music on iPads? that was latest rage at NAMM. I don't own an iPad. I don't really have a desire to have an iPad. I think they look cool as hell, and a fun alternative to surf the web and do all the little things my wife likes to do on a computer. This last Summer I bought a Macbook Pro instead - because of everything it can do that the iPad can't.

For actually recording songs, and doing mixes, and recording good music, I just can't see myself ever using an iPad for that. At least not for the next few years.

To me, Garageband is enough on the iPad - Seems to be marketed to the casual hobbyist type. That's great. Have fun. pull up a piano on your iPad and record some songs in the key of C with every note being the same velocity. You're awesome.

if Logic comes out on the iPad, I will see it as they are abandoning the professional studio musician/producer/engineer, etc.

Will probably move to Studio One. A DAW that seems to wanna become Logic, but better.

dang, kinda got ranty there - sorry,

peace and love folks,

Evan

It would be so stupid of Apple to release a new Logic version right after Mountain Lion. Who would buy it when all your other software and hardware are playing catch-up and you can't use them with the new LP version? Releasing it just before ML would be ok, as pretty much everything is Lion-ready now. And if they like me, they'd make it 10.6.8-friendly :D

Blink

If all this delay is so that they can make an iPad version, I will leave Logic forever.

That is one thing you can rest assured will never happen.

It doesn't make any sense.

GarageBand on iPad is nowhere near as useful as GarageBand on Mac.

How could they get the more complicated version (Logic) on to iPad if they haven't got anywhere near the simple version (GarageBand) on there yet?

When I last looked at GarageBand on iPad, you couldn't edit notes, no track automation, no piano roll. It was fun but disappointingly "useless" to me. And some things I've forgotten that had me scratching my head...

*EDIT I think one was, you can only work in 4/4 time - Get ready all you serious musicians... GarageBand iPad is comin' to a preschool near you! ;-)

GarageBand on iPad is a teeny, tiny fun toy for people who have no idea or don't really care much about what they're doing. Or who just enjoy the fun way it's implemented.

That's not what GarageBand on Mac is - & so they have a long, long way to go to match it.

Forget about Logic on iPad.

...For at least until 2020