(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

Ooh! At last this thread gets interesting!

You'd be amazed, but sheep's milk ice-cream is really nice: http://www.shepherdsicecream.co.uk/

But, you can't beat pistachio ice-cream from Rome, the yoghurt and honey flavour is pretty good too.

that Mayan calendar thing is funny, just because they stopped writing it at some point. It's like looking at your calendar and thinking the world ends in 2013.

Funny, that thread contains no relevant info. It's just a longer and more protracted thread than what we have here at LPH. I suddenly feel blessed that we have only 14 pages of rumor and speculation when they're going on their 46th. :P

Funny, that thread contains no relevant info. It's just a longer and more protracted thread than what we have here at LPH. I suddenly feel blessed that we have only 14 pages of rumor and speculation when they're going on their 46th. :P

Using some Copy 'n' Paste, we should accomplish the same. They won't know the difference as nobody reads 46 pages of foam.

Logic Pro X is gonna have a plugin where the tune will mix itself automatically.

On GearSlutz they said something about that, but it wasn't a plugin doing the dirty work. Instead, Logic Pro X will have just one track and automatically normalize your bounce to -6 dB so it's ready for mastering!

Using some Copy 'n' Paste, we should accomplish the same. They won't know the difference as nobody reads 46 pages of foam.

personally, I can't wait for Logic X... not because version 9 isnt meeting my musical needs, but simply because I'm an Apple Pro Software nerd!

But really, shouldn't it have been out already?! lol

It is out... Of sight.

personally, I can't wait for Logic X... not because version 9 isnt meeting my musical needs, but simply because I'm an Apple Pro Software nerd!

Well, next monday marks the ten year anniversary of  buying emagic. Hmmmmm ... Ten years ... Logic 10 ... Logic X ... kind of sounds like an  thing to do; wouldn't you say?

I can wait.

When and if it ever comes out, then it will mean buying a new computer with a current OS and a new interface capable of Thunderbolt technology so that I can purchase external processing software/hardware to do the same thing I was doing last year. :shock:

Most of the DAWs are now equal in terms of what they do. Third party software seems to be where the difference is made. I can't imagine what is going to be so spectacular that would make me WANT to upgrade everything. $$$

I know that when and if it ever comes out, I will be self pressured into upgrading just because I must have it.

So, I'll wait.

I can wait.

When and if it ever comes out, then it will mean buying a new computer with a current OS and a new interface capable of Thunderbolt technology so that I can purchase external processing software/hardware to do the same thing I was doing last year. :shock:

Most of the DAWs are now equal in terms of what they do. Third party software seems to be where the difference is made. I can't imagine what is going to be so spectacular that would make me WANT to upgrade everything. $$$

I know that when and if it ever comes out, I will be self pressured into upgrading just because I must have it.

So, I'll wait.

I don't even wait. I'm just hoping my stuff works as long as possible. Funny why I can't resist reading in and writing to this thread, though...

Well, next monday marks the ten year anniversary of  buying emagic. Hmmmmm ... Ten years ... Logic 10 ... Logic X ... kind of sounds like an  thing to do; wouldn't you say?

No, the lack of consistency on the part of Apple continues to leave us guessing when the next version will be out. The appetency of faithful users of Logic is causing a great amount of discontentedness.

For those of you who haven gotten it by now, a new Logic will be produced it when they are ready to produce it.

For all we know, it may be another quadricentennial before anyone can make a tenebrous prediction as to the inchoateness leptotene demise of Logic.

Until then, please forgive my ostentatiousness

:lol: :mrgreen: 8)

No, the lack of consistency on the part of Apple continues to leave us guessing when the next version will be out. The appetency of faithful users of Logic is causing a great amount of discontentedness.

For those of you who haven gotten it by now, a new Logic will be produced it when they are ready to produce it.

For all we know, it may be another quadricentennial before anyone can make a tenebrous prediction as to the inchoateness leptotene demise of Logic.

a tenacious post shiver

consider yourself forgiven ...

this time

mew wah ha ha ha

oh, and some of the decisions Apple makes truly do surprise me (they fired me after telling me how promising i was ... blah blah blah blah)

Bing-o.

Now... if LX and all of that other stuff can be shown to offer a quantitative improvement in studio operations, i.e., much faster loading of 3rd party samples, ability to work with smaller buffer sizes without generating audio artifacts, and most importantly, bug fixes for some of Logic's 10+ year old bugs -- just to name three -- then it might all be worth the expense in time and money. But factor in a 3 - 6 month "buffer" period between when LX debuts (in v1.0 form, meaning it will be buggy) and when it's actually stable enough for professional use (probably around v1.2 or so) and you have to ask yourself, "what's the rush"?

As to the question of "if" it's ever going to come out, I posted something on this subject in another thread, where a former emagic (and later Apple) employee made a public announcement about it, but no one seemed to notice. Oh well, let the rumor mill continue!

But factor in a 3 - 6 month "buffer" period between when LX debuts (in v1.0 form, meaning it will be buggy) and when it's actually stable enough for professional use (probably around v1.2 or so) and you have to ask yourself, "what's the rush"?

Coward!

:-)

As to the question of "if" it's ever going to come out, I posted something on this subject in another thread, where a former emagic (and later Apple) employee made a public announcement about it, but no one seemed to notice.

Where? I missed it!

ETA - I found it: "In terms of the future, mention of Logic 10 as being in the works was made recently at a public user group meeting by.... etc"

David knows the deal with Logic X... maybe we should stretch him with the Flex Tool until we get the info outta him?

david's nda's are likely so watertight that the stretching would need to be way too much, and therefore introducing too many artifacts making the whole exercise pointless

David knows the deal with Logic X... maybe we should stretch him with the Flex Tool until we get the info outta him?

david's nda's are likely so watertight that the stretching would need to be way too much, and therefore introducing too many artifacts making the whole exercise pointless

I have iZotope Radius installed, if you need help sorting out the file once it's stretched beyond recognition, let me know. I can help.

Blink