Welcome to our new forum!

enjoying email notifications for 'watched' threads, but all links seem to take you to the first page of the topic

the ideal would be that it would take you to the post that followed from the last time you viewed the thread..this seems to be common behaviour for this type of thing

Looks great, congrats on the new forum!

Thanks!

switch the avatar from right to left.

Alright, alright. Done. :D

Also, is it me or is the font size -1 compared to earlier. Either that or my eyes are getting older! Maybe it's a contrast issue but legibility has gone down for me.

Not sure, I'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It helps a lot. Keep it coming.

My two main issues with the new design has already been covered: more contrast on quoted text and switch the avatar from right to left.

Also, is it me or is the font size -1 compared to earlier. Either that or my eyes are getting older! Maybe it's a contrast issue but legibility has gone down for me.

Exactly what I meant in my previous post - legibility has gone down...

P.S. here you can see it: which is my post / which is lagerfeldt's quoted text? - hard to tell at a glance -> that's what we do when quickly looking for info in a thread...

The quoting issue is mentioned in this thread, so David's aware of it and working on it:

http://logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79383

I think that the background color of the quote should be changed - and very importantly: more space at the top and bottom. The quoted text is way too close to the name and quote symbol. Also I would make sure to have an indentation as the text is too close to the border of the bubble.

The quoting issue is mentioned in this thread, so David's aware of it and working on it:

http://logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79383

I think that the background color of the quote should be changed - and very importantly: more space at the top and bottom. The quoted text is way too close to the name and quote symbol. Also I would make sure to have an indentation as the text is too close to the border of the bubble.

Sorry lagerfeldt and david,

I hadn't seen that post till some minutes ago.

The forum is greatly improved.

:D

Search feedback

The default search option is to return posts instead of topics. I think you should change it to topics since that's a lot more useful.

Otherwise you'll have to switch manually to the advanced search option all the time.

Furthermore, consider using or offering Google Site Search since the current search won't return anything for "de-esser" for instance, while Google Site Search will.

Here's an example of how the current search will show results for "deesser":

search.php?keywords=deesser

Not very useful.

- and here's how it would return the same as topics instead:

search.php?keywords=deesser&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Much better.

Am I the only one left for whom the DNS still has not updated to the new site?

If so, any suggestions as to what to do?

I've 'flushed' via terminal and I have cleared my browser cache... to eliminate anything here...

Nigel,

I don't know what browser you're using and I'm not sure if this will help but if using Safari you can try this:

Quit Safari

Go to Home>Library>Cookies and drag the Cookies.plist into the Trash.

Then

Go to Home>Library>Safari and drag History.plist and LastSession.plist into the Trash.

Empty the Trash

Restart Safari

See if that helps.

Am I the only one left for whom the DNS still has not updated to the new site?

If so, any suggestions as to what to do?

I've 'flushed' via terminal and I have cleared my browser cache... to eliminate anything here...

DNS needs to propagate. What part of the world are you in?

I definitely agree. The whole quote will be redesigned, with more indentation, more padding, a better quote icon, clearer indication of who the quote is from, and a different background color. You will be happy, I can guarantee it. :D