3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

OK - that's the end of the Korg Stuff. The only other things I have are the Arthuria synths - any requests?

btw - it makes me green with envy to see all the different kit you guys have. You Lucky Bastards!!

Hey! Just saw this, I'd be super grateful if you uploaded the arturia synth libraries.

Also - Can someone quickly explain to me how these libraries are made? I wanna find out, go make some and upload them.

Thanks

OK - that's the end of the Korg Stuff. The only other things I have are the Arthuria synths - any requests?

btw - it makes me green with envy to see all the different kit you guys have. You Lucky Bastards!!

Hey! Just saw this, I'd be super grateful if you uploaded the arturia synth libraries.

Also - Can someone quickly explain to me how these libraries are made? I wanna find out, go make some and upload them.

Thanks

Just read - Save as, then its done.

• 2 weeks later...
I will gladly join in. I think I'll create Channel Strips though instead of presets. To me its a quicker workflow. Thank's ya'll for great work! I can't believe this post has stayed thriving for so long!

For a lot of the presets, I create both a plug-in setting (.aupreset) and a Channel Strip preset. Once I am already saving as a plug-in setting, it's easy enough to save the same as a Channel Strip (especially with the Command-Option-S shortcut).

This way the same presets are accessible both as full-on channel strips and as plug-in presets when the plug-in is already loaded.

Here is my laundry list. Some of these will be VERY intensive. I have no idea how long this will take, but if completed my world would significantly increase in awesomeness. If anyone wants to chip in let me know so I don't waste unnecessary effort. And the list....

Instruments:

M-Tron Pro

Battery 3

Battery 3, 2, and 1 kits

Cinematic

Artist Kits

Reaktor 5.5

Kontakt 4

Kore Player

SugarBytes Unique

Superior Drummer 2 (including Custom and Vintage SDX and other EZXs)

Minimoog V

Arturia Analogue Player Experience

Effects:

ARP2600 V efx

Izotope:

Alloy

Nectar

Ozone 4

All RX

Spectron

Trash

Guitar Rig 4 Fx

Reaktor 5.5 Efx (including the Mouth and the Finger

PSPaudioware

Lexicon PSP42

PSP EasyVerb

PSP Neon

PSP 84

Soundtoys

Crystallizer

EchoBoy

FilterFreak2

PhaseMistress

Sugarbytes

Artillery2

Robotronic

Vogue

Waves Plugins (Too many to list)

Yes.....quite the task indeed! Any help is highly appreciated. This is a great forum!

PSP

Stereo Controller

PSP 85

Lexicon PSP42

Xenon

MasterQ

MicroWarmer

VW2

MIcroComp

MasterComp

More in the next post.

________

Nomad Factory

EQ 9063B AllTech

________

PSP Xenon.zip

PSP MasterQ.zip

PSP MicroWarmer.zip

PSP VintageWarmer2.zip

PSP MicroComp.zip

PSP MasterComp.zip

EQ 9063B AllTech.zip

PSP 85.zip

Lexicon PSP42.zip

PSP StereoController.zip

Edited by Mr. V

Sweet on the PSPs! I'm half way done with Guitar Rig.

Updated 4/24/11

The brand new Nomad Factory Echoes

________

I'll edit the previous post with additional uploads: PSP 42, 85, etc.

More PSP

Stereo Enhancer

Mix Pack2 including the new Mix Sync. Fragmentated originally uploaded these which was incredibly helpful. I simply put the presets in factory order.

PSP MixPack 2.zip

PSP StereoEnhancer.zip

ECHOES.zip

Hi everyone. I came up with this idea of creating a database for all factory 3rd Party Plugin presets, so that we can make full use of Logic's new Library feature.

I'm actually a huge fan of this new feature, so I started saving as .aupreset every single factory preset of my 3rd party plugin. That way, each time I open a 3rd party instrument/effect, all its factory presets show on the Library pan, just like Logic's own plugs.

The problem here is, as I'm sure is also your case, I have a few 3rd parties running on my system, and saving all their factory presets as .aupreset, it's a hell of a huge task. So, after asking David's opinion and getting a positive feedback about this, I'm finnaly starting this thread, so that instead of just going by myself thru all my 3rd party presets and do the same thing over and over, I might as well share that work with all Logic Pro Help users, and get the ball rolling.

And this means, of course, that you're free to come up with some work of your own and share it with all. So, if you think my work is worth, please download the files, use them, and whenever you have the chance, do the same with your 3rd party plugs.

If each LPH user do this with at least one bank of one single 3rd party plug, in no time we'll have all those plugs that we love ready to use as if they were built in L8's new Library feature.

Enough of talking now. Here are my first uploads:

Plugin: Rob Papen Albino 3

Number of Included Banks: 6

List of Banks:

- Ambient Layered

- Ambient Sounds

- Arpeggiator Layered

- Arpeggiator Sounds 1

- Arpeggiator Sounds 2

- Arpeggiator Sounds 3

Plugin: Native Instruments Absynth 4

Number of Included Banks: 2

List of Banks:

- Organ

- Piano/Keys

p.s.: I'm working on the rest of Albino and Absynth's banks, and I'll post them as soon as they are ready.

Hope you like the idea and that everyone contributes.

hi sorry for this but i forgot how to attach this into my logic???

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for this incredibly useful topic - particularly all the uploaded presets.

IMO 3rd party instruments that rely on mouse-clicks or anything more than one button press to change a preset are incredibly badly designed. It's massively frustrating and impedes creative flow to have to use a mouse, or press several keyboard buttons just to move from one sound to another. Native Instruments interfaces are amongst the worst offenders - you even have to MANUALLY specify what presets you want to use with specific MIDI Program Change messages - because the latter are the only way I know of using anything other than the NI interface to change sounds in their plugins.

The Logic Channel Strip settings saved along with 3rd party Plugin settings saved as Logic Presets have proved a recent revelation for me.

Now I can change instrument presets using a keystroke, a midi message, almost anything I want.

And then there's the Logic Library browser - now that so many sounds are saved as Logic Presets, the Logic browser window has become really powerful - being able to search my entire library for "bass" or a particular instrument name - REGARDLESS of which third party plugin is required to play the sound - IT JUST LOADS AND PLAYS!

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think of a sound I want first, NOT which instrument I should load and then browse through - the latter is kind of backwards for me.

I really think that we users should pressure Apple and plugin developers to provide Logic (and indeed other DAWs) presets with ALL of their products because the amount of effort on their part is minimal compared with countless end-users doing this task manually over and over. The current situation is ridiculous.

DAWs are incredibly powerful these days but the lack of a plugin preset/sound library definition standard is quite crippling to work flow.

I mean if there were a STANDARD LIBRARY DEFINITION such as with Native Instrument libraries or Apple loops where sounds are defined universally and supplied as such in a common preset it would revolutionise sound discovery/selection within DAWs.

Kind of like a document management system that applies to ALL plugins, by ALL developers and the installer for a plugin would then add all its presets to the management system/common library.

Anyway - I attach the majority of AAS TASSMAN 4 presets, I may get round to doing "percussion", "sequencer" and "audio processing" soon, other than those this is a complete set of sounds for this great synth.

Now back to making music.... or at least a far less tiresome time looking for inspiration!

Tassman4 All.zip

Tassman4 All.zip

• 2 months later...

These ones are for the lucky owners of Native Instruments Reaktor5 Razor, Spark, Prism & Prism FX. Razor being one of my favorite synth; very expressive, superbly crafted both for its user-friendliness (every dial has tremendous effect on the sound) and for the quality and versatility of the sound itself!

There are nearly 1100 presets in this ZIP file. All the factory original patches were converted, regardless of few patches duplications.

I found that switching patches from inside the Reaktor5 plugin, the sound load considerably faster than accessing them from the Logic presets version, especially with the Razor's ones. Please let me know if you notice the same issue. However I completed the task as I like to see in the Logic browsers all my arsenal!

Enjoy! :D

Reaktor5 Razor+Spark+Prism+PrismFX.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a bunch of converted presets to Logic (around 6000!) from all the AAS plugins family...

You will find all of the ’factory’ initially provided patches for each of the plugins plus the patches I found on the Applied Accoustics Systems support website (up to 2011-08-03).

There are a lot of patches for TassMan-4 uploaded from their users.

I included them all! :shock:

Well, almost all of them, I excluded the muted ones (which I found no way to make them emit any kind of sounds what so ever).

I also included both the Performances and Instruments versions of the patches (whenever available), as I found out that many of them were sounding quite different and interesting from a version to the other.

There are real gems among those, but also some other that I would prefer not to qualify... :roll:

It's a matter of taste, after all... So I opted to leave this to your own discretion(!)

**Be aware that many of the patches have identical names, although they are different in terms of author and sound. Every author has their own ’Soft Pad’ authentic and unique patche(!!) :?

I could only encourage you to seriously consider acquiring their sound banks for the String Studio and the Ultra Analog VA-1 plugins. These are literally killer sounds!

Get their free AAS Player and play freely (stand-alone or as plugin) dozens of these various sounds (that I also converted to Logic preset format)

http://www.applied-acoustics.com/

And as a bonus, they confirmed that they will include the Logic presets versions patches into their package!

:idea: Yep the message finally gets through!!! :idea:

Enjoy!

:D

Ultra Analog VA-1.zip

More than 500 presets among the best sounding virtual synths on the market!

Tassman 4 Synth.zip

This one is the ’piece of resistance’ with more than 3500 presets!!!

Tassman 4 Effect.zip

More than 200 effects...

Strum Electric GS-1.zip

This is wow-level of electric guitar!

Strum Acoustic GS-1.zip

For the guitarist wannabe in you

String Studio VS-1.zip

Getting closed to 700 presets!

Lounge Lizard EP-3.zip

At popular request... (+250 presets)

AAS Player.zip

The swatches almost all of the available ones...