Sustain events CC64 recorded randomly for both on and off events?

Music8Music

My sustain CC64 inputs have got weird since last night.

If I press down the pedal while recording midi notes using my keyboard, notes and sustain are fine.  However, if I record the notes first and add (or record) sustain events (CC 64), they are recorded randomly for both on & off events.

To check whether CC 64 on/off messages got in LPX or not, I opened the track automation on Main Window view while recording sustain. I saw the inputs were correctly received but once I stopped recording, all sustain events got messy. Why?

Thanks !🙏

# No midi chase is enabled. |   # Have used 2 keyboards and 2 pedals for trials. |   # No recent updates

• David Nahmani changed the title to Sustain events CC64 recorded randomly for both on and off events?

Hi David,

First photo shows that I'm recording sustain on & off and the Event List also confirms what I'm doing. I intentionally pressed the pedal quite evenly but finally the events found in Piano Roll (Photo 2) were not what I have done. This time has not been too messy already!  Sometimes it is completely jumpy.

Thanks.

image.png.deaf284793b01abbec4275b2886a0f94.png WhatsAppImage2024-04-08at20_23_19.thumb.jpeg.54d96c9bd242203a828e0b2afb22693d.jpeg

5 hours ago, rAC said:

From the screenshot it looks like you are getting CC64 events on and off as expected.

The 1st photo was taken during recording sustain, it was fine. But after I stopped recording (2nd photo), the on and off events were in randomly manner.

Dear All,

Problem solved !😅

After hundreds of trials and errors, it is confirmed that the pedal has to be pressed and released once well before the Play Head reaches the Region which requires adding sustain.

Don't know whether it is a bug or not, anyway it's solved.

Thank you for your inputs.

Kenneth.