Logic Book (free video sample)

David Nahmani

Hi David.

I'm new to both Logic and Mac. I just received your Book today, Looking forward to reaching the end of it. I'm reading the Manual as well, but I'm hopeful that ill learn quickly with the book and this forum. Thanks again. Will be talking to you soon, I'm sure.

Hey congrats Sara, I passed the certification too :)

In fact, hell, we talked about that after the exam anyways.

Thanks for bringing Leo and my project in by the way, we both appreciate it.

Also, just wanted to say, excellent book David.

It was a really well-written book and I really enjoyed it.

On page 264 you have to create a Blue Apple Loop and on page 265 the note says "If the selected region is not an integer, the Type Parameter will be set to One-shot and dimmed".

Mine are definitely integers but the Loop option is dimmed so I can't select it...

What's up? I have 8.0.1 if that makes any difference! I've attached a screenshot.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Birdsick/Picture4-1.png

On page 264 you have to create a Blue Apple Loop and on page 265 the note says "If the selected region is not an integer, the Type Parameter will be set to One-shot and dimmed".

Mine are definitely integers but the Loop option is dimmed so I can't select it...

What's up? I have 8.0.1

Bug in 8.0.1: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=19824

Thanks, David! (And sorry for posting that question in this thread; it was not intentional.)

Not a problem! I am working with the publisher to put together a web page that will list all the little problems due to changes in 8.0.1 to help you guys go through the book without those confusions.

Is there any link for book errata or things that changed with the update yet?

Thanks

David, got my copy of the book last Saturday. I'll say what's been said many times before, GREAT BOOK! It truly is so easy to follow, and logically laid out. Can't wait to make my way through the rest of it. I also plan on leaving a big thumbs-up on Amazon's site. Thanks for writing this puppy!

-Korey

Is there any link for book errata or things that changed with the update yet?

Not yet, but hopefully by next week.

David, got my copy of the book last Saturday. I'll say what's been said many times before, GREAT BOOK! It truly is so easy to follow, and logically laid out. Can't wait to make my way through the rest of it. I also plan on leaving a big thumbs-up on Amazon's site. Thanks for writing this puppy!

Well thanks a lot for the kind comments! And please do post your opinion on Amazon, I appreciate it!

Weird. It's ok now, but for a little while, no matter what browser I was using (IE at work, Firefox and Safari at home), I would see a HUGE simpsons picture right above your current avatar. It was moving the table all over the place.

Weirdest thing I've ever heard! A huge simpson ghost above my avatar. Weird. Let me know if you see it again.

My book arrived yesterday - it was a happy day!

I sat down and got stuck in. I already know a load more new key commands that I didn't know before, and I'm only 10 pages in or so!

Amber - I paid about £20 ($40) inclusive of p&p - try amazon, but don't buy from Amazon, follow the new/used link and look for some cheaper new ones.

Oh - and thanks David!

Hi Dave,

I've been learning a lot from the macpro video series...including the recent Tips N Tricks. I've got most of the logic ones. Is there any more or anything new in your new book than what's taught in the Macpro video series? ....Do you have more on advanced audio editing or production techniques?

On another note, have you ever thought about putting a search engine on your site? you must have answers to lots of questions already buried in those hundreds of pages. Do you find a lot of people ask the same questions? I think it would improve the usefulness of this useful site a lot. Thanx.

Just got your book in the mail. As someone who is fairly new to the world of DAWs, I picked up Logic after reading all the rave reviews to compliment my new MacBook. After a few days of fumbling around, I decided I needed some help. I've had your book for two days now, and my music making potential in Logic has already exploded!! Can't wait to finish it and get the next one!!

Thanks, results a bit odd.

1. When I tried the first time, it was from a copy of the lessons file that I had moved to the desktop. No success, as noted

2. When I loaded from the CD, the Rock Kit was there by not the Library 04 choice.

I am where I need to be, but a bit confused by the above. I just pass it along incase anyone else has the same issue.

Cheers

LMP

(I'm sure that by now David has more than enough of these "yes I like the book too" messages, but what the heck... 8) )

I've been a Logic user since v3.5, I've spent more time with various versions of the Big Black Book (a.k.a. Logic User Manual) than I care to admit, and STILL, after going through only two chapters of David's book, I've discovered quite a few extremely useful workflow tips.

Just an example: I had never realized (among other things), that you can actually preview loops while Logic is running, and it will automatically adjust the loop's tempo, sync it correctly and play it along your song. No need to drag the loops back and forth to the actual tracks just to check how they sound with the rest. :oops:

So, especially to all you old-timers: no matter how much you think you know, go and buy David's book. Now. Go.

HeiLei