Behringer B-Control BCF2000

Greetings people,

I just got a chance to get caught up on this thread. Since I do not own this unit anymore, dealing with it is not on the top of my list of things to do, though since I did provide some people with help here, I did not want to just jump ship and leave anyone hanging.

I just wanted to know how people are doing with their current setups that include Snow Leopard. I have had SL sitting on my desk for over a month, not wanting to install it for fear of having to do the dreaded driver updated for ALL of my virtual instruments.

My gut instinct is to just say no to SL if you have a BCF unit. Since I do not own the unit anymore I am not keeping up with updates that may have been made to any software. Then again I am a musician first, engineer second so I will defer to anyone with first hand experience. Is anyone doing alright with this unit on Snow Leopard? Just curious because I could see people maybe having problems with this set up. Then again, this seems to be a host driven device so it may be doing very well thank you. I just want to get this out in the open for everyone. Thanks for the positive comments on the tutorial. K

I've been reading a few anti-SL comments on the board and I must admit, I'm not sure what the problems are. I'm still fairly new to logic but have been running 9 with SL and a BCF fine since day one, no 'driver' issues here either. Am I missing out on even better performance by running SL?

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to sign up and initially say thanx to Kouly for sharing the BCF setup details as sthat how I came across this thread/forum.

Plus to provide an update to this thread as I have Snow Leopard, Logic Studio 9 and am using the BCF2000.

Yes, it all still works and in fact setting up the BCF2000 is no longer a lengthy or complicated process in Logic 9.

I think all I basically had to turn LC mode on (hold 3rd button on powering on the BCF) and that was it, Logic immediately opened up surface control setup window and already had a Mackie Logic control unit config setup for me.

Pan, Mute buttons and faders work as expected (both ways). The second row of buttons under the pots act as channel select although just tweaking a fader also selects the faders channel too.

Preset also moves between further channels and start/stop/forward works as expected.

I was in Logic Control mode when I was making controller assignments (I know I'm not suppose to do that). I accidently reassigned rotary pan assignment with fader volume assignment. Now my faders control pan and my rotary encoders control volume. Is there some command to reassign my bcf-2000 the way it was?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Man, I tried everything like Kouly said.

I talked had mail traffic with Behringer.

I can't get this to work properly!!!

I'm running Logic 9.1.1. on a Mac Book Pro

2.66 Intel Core 2 4GB OSX 10.6.3

What happens: I install it and it runs ok, until

I start to use it for a couple of minutes and then it seems that the connection to Logic gets corrupted. Logic can control the BCF (when I move a fader in Logic, the fader of BCF moves too) but the BCF wouldn't control Logic anymore.

Any Ideas?

melodea

Man, I tried everything like Kouly said.

I talked had mail traffic with Behringer.

I can't get this to work properly!!!

I'm running Logic 9.1.1. on a Mac Book Pro

2.66 Intel Core 2 4GB OSX 10.6.3

What happens: I install it and it runs ok, until

I start to use it for a couple of minutes and then it seems that the connection to Logic gets corrupted. Logic can control the BCF (when I move a fader in Logic, the fader of BCF moves too) but the BCF wouldn't control Logic anymore.

Any Ideas?

melodea

Make sure that if you are writing automation data, like volume changes, etc. that your track is in the correct mode (Touch/Latch/etc) otherwise the changes do not get recorded. It instead becomes like playing extra notes on top of a synth sequence that is playing, it doesn't record them, unless you are in record mode, the control surface is sending just another set of midi data, so it has to be treated the same way.

Thanx for the idea. But I didn't have problems with the automation. Seems everything is set right:

Firmware 1.10, LC mode, reinstalled it a couple of times in Logic and as I said, it works fine for a moment and after some bank switches and fader and pan movements

it gets corrupted.

melodea

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey. Ive read this whole thread including the informative fix for setting uop this control surface with logic but toi no avail.

It looks as though logic doesnt even know this thing is trying to communicate with it. Even when i click on learn mode and move a fader no input even comes up in the midi input menu or whatever.

Not only that but should I be able to hit any of the buttons on the BCF and the led's come on?

Ive tried the fix that was posted several times and ive started the BFC in LC mode but nothing. If I move a fader and leave it, it immediately returns to 0 position.

I dont know whats going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the help kouly, definatly wouldnt of figured this out alone :lol:

just a quick question, is it possible to change the 2nd row of buttons (the channel select buttons) to control the solo button instead of switching between channels as i can easily control these with the arrows on my mac.

any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like this post is dead, but incase anybody sees this... I just found a manual to get the BCF2000 to control Logic waaay more extensively. Solo, record enable, cycle on/off, click on/off, choose automation mode, etc., all from the control surface.

The emulation modes manual is at: http://www.behringerdownload.de/BCF2000/BCF2000_Emulation_modes.pdf and is INCREDIBLY USEFUL. Logic is on page 4. It's ridiculous that Behringer doesn't include this with the controller, or at least make it easy to find.

And if anybody is having trouble getting the BCF2000 to even speak to Logic, super simple setup instructions are at: http://n0d3.org/how-to-setting-up-the-behringer-bcf2000-for-logic-express-72/ (these instructions are written for Logic 7.2, but it worked for me on Logic 9)

I hope somebody finds this as incredibly useful as I did! I'm actually quite happy with the BCF2000 now... If only I could use it in touch automation mode!

• 2 months later...

That's a really useful video tutorial!!

Hopefully I didn't miss it in the videos, but is there a way to control automation of 'modulation' using the bcf2000?

I saw him do volume, and it implied that others could be done too but not how to set it up etc... is choosing your own things to automate using the bcf possible?

• 1 year later...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thank You so much Kouly you have saved my life with trick #3. I have spent days, literally, pulling my hair our trying to fix my problem.

Life is good.

In case your BCF has any quirky behaviour, like some of the things mentioned above.

I have three steps that usually get it back to its Purrrfect attitude.

I call it my 3 steps to a happy control surface.

1. Rebuild Defaults.

Preferences/Control Surface/Rebuild Defaults

If this does not work then go to #2

2.reinstall control surface in Logic

This is the one in the setup menu

delete old one, install a new "Mackie Logic Control"

If this does not work then go to #3

3. trash control surface preference file,

(This is in User/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.cs)

empty trash

then restart your computer.

(NOTE: You may have to do #3 as many as four times before it works,

Logic can be stubborn, so be patient and determined. You are in control

and you have to remind Logic of this sometimes.)

IF these things do not restore it, I believe there is something else going on

in your system that is causing the problem. Posting system details will help

track it down.