Behringer B-Control BCF2000

I'm really interested in this as well. I've saved enough for a BCF2000, but if it's too horrible, I'll just have to wait a while and save up for a Mackie control (which I know is better, but if the BCF2000 does the trick, there we go).

Thanks Kouly for everything you've posted. If the BCF2000 works in Logic Studio, I'll be checking back and using your help.

hmm, i alwas thought that the bfc2000 works out of the box with logic (shure, you first should bring the unit in the logic mode while powering it up).

so years ago i saw these videos here, perhaps someone here will find them helpfull:

http://www.dancetech.com/item.cfm?threadid=3714&lang=0

a good video overview on faderport and logic you can find at:

http://www.sonicstate.com/video/index.cfm

(just search for faderport here)

also there is a video about the alphatrack and logic here:

http://www.musotalk.de/special/detailansicht/article/musikmesse-2008-frontier-design-alpha-channel/

personally i have a bcr2000 with lc xmu and since 2 weeks an alphatrak. both still works without any problem.

btw. sorry for my english :?

Daz I was encountering the same problem and went to my controller setup and one of the parameters is "Input" and if you set it to Port 1 (for me it may be 2) it allowed my BCF to communicate with Logic. Now everything works, my vpots and faders move the faders on the screen and screen moves the motorized faders. Hope this helps

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Daz I was encountering the same problem and went to my controller setup and one of the parameters is "Input" and if you set it to Port 1 (for me it may be 2) it allowed my BCF to communicate with Logic. Now everything works, my vpots and faders move the faders on the screen and screen moves the motorized faders. Hope this helps

Thx man, this did it for me!

And also thx to all the others who posted very usefull tips!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent post, thanks, Kouly.

Just a quick question. I'm eagerly expecting my BCF2000 this week and just wondered if it acts as a 'pass through' midi controller. I.e. if I connect one of my controller keyboards via midi to it, will it in turn pass that through to Logic so that I can control the soft synths via the controller keyboard as usual. Probably a dumb question, but I just wanted to ensure this was the case.

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought logic pro 8 6 months ago ....only had a macbook 13" it still worked fine for me . Now I am going for mac pro 8 core ...and intrested on this cheap little bcf2000 gear...but not sure if it would work on logic pro 8....you post will be so helpfull to me .

thanks,

Maruthi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I know I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what happens:

I've purchased a BCF2000 to use it on LogicPro 8 in a MBPro with OSX 10.5.7, audio on a Focusrite SaffirePro 26 i/o.

In Logic sometimes the BCF seems to works, but when I try to change preset ( on the BCF) Logic select a bunch of tracks without sense: three audio, one midi and the click channel! I switch back with the preset switches and Logic picks another absurd bunch of tracks!

I've purchased the LC Xmu software to solve these problems, but with no luck.

Also in LX Xmu I can't find a way to understand what happens: often the display seems to do weird things. Sometimes I read "Se nd" splitted over two channel.

But the greatest problem, for me, is to understand what happens inside the BCF, what is where, how it memorize and what, why so often Logic loads twice the LogicControl setup, as if the BCF transmits twice something...

Hope someone can help me...

(...and sorry for the Opuslocus forum user for the cross post...)

Ugo

It sounds like you do not have the unit in Logic Control Mode. Go back over my post, Slowly..... I think you forgot the part about putting it in LC mode before you start using it with Logic.

The presets do not work in LC mode as it becomes a dedicated Logic Control Unit.

Do not bother learning the BCF, you only want to know what to turn on the BCF as far as "what does that knob do in LOGIC".

You see, pick any knob on that thing. It is going to do different things depending on what you are looking at. If you are looking at a channel EQ. Then that knob will probably control Q or a frequency range. If you are looking at the ES2 it may adjust a filter or any of a dozen different things. So once you get it talking to Logic then start opening things and you will be surprised what that thing will do.

the BCF is in LC mode, I've tried also in different modes, but still not working.

Trashed preferences, restarted all, nothing happens...

I've read just now that MBPros may have troubles on left Usb port, due different voltage setting:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/04/27/mac-usb-audio-woes-m-audio-says-avoid-the-left-hand-usb-port/

I've to try it!

I need to find a step-by-step tutorial on how to set-up LC Xmu, the manual is really vague...

Tanx

Ugo

• 1 month later...

Kouly thanks for the info re setup of the bcf2000 with logic, v helpful; i've got logic pro and the bcf2000 is in LC mode ok.

It's annoying that every time i open Logic I have to go into the control surface prefs and reselect the port in order for the bcf2000 to jump into life.

does anyone know if logic has had an update which fixes this issue?

then i move a fader up or down from the position it starts in when the track loads - and i see the level is changed in the mixer in logic, but the fader then flicks back to where it was when the track was loaded.

am i doing something wrong?

any help massively appreciated.

s

Do you have another control surface that is taking the attention away from the BCF? I would delete any others that are there in the setup window, unless you need them.

As far as doing something wrong, I don't think so. It just takes a second for the command to be sent if you are "chasing" any tracks. I would look under the "settings" for Midi. There you can set which information you want the unit to see.

• 3 months later...

hi

For a while now, even with a Bcr also plugged in, as long as I give logic a few secs after starting a project (select existing on start), it now recognizes the Bcf and sets the sliders to the right positions. Maybe things just had to settle down a bit...

Anyone needing me to go over my setup again in more detail let me know.

S

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for all the info. My unit use to work great with Logic 8 and Leopard. Ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard I have been having issues. I then upgraded to logic 9 and have been wrestling with this unit trying all the suggestions on this forum. When I try to use the learn function there is no information coming from the BCF. Logic does control the BCF but the BCF can not transmit any commands back. I have tried the Logic Control and Mackie options. I was wondering if there is a way to set the defaults back on my BCF or is it a compatibility issue with Logic. If anyone has had any success using the BCF with a new intel computer running logic 9 and snow leopard I would be obliged if you could share any setup information.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This method of using the Mackie Logic Control template has been very helpful. It really makes the setup much easier and easily repeatable. In the past, I've had trouble with logic forgetting/losing the controller assignments that I've set up. Since I can't seem to find the file anywhere, I end up having to reassign each knob/slider over again. Having the Mackie template is much easier.

Thanks again Kouly.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know where logic stores controller assignments? In addition to the BCF2000, I configure my waldorf microwave II as a controller, but like I've said above, Logic loses the info once in a while.

2. For the Behringer B-control BCF2000, under the Logic Control identity, the BCF can sometimes recognize the difference between channels 1-8 and 9-16 of the logic pro mixer. If one of chan 1-8 is selected in logic pro, BCF faders control channels 1-8 of logic, while when one of chan 9-16 are selected in logic pro, BCF controls chan 9-16. This is an awesome feature. However, sometimes it doesn't do this and BCF simply recognizes channels 9-16 or sometimes 10-Output 1&2 (when there are 16 channels). has anyone noticed this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Me again!

Been using the BCF in Logic 8 flawlessly, until today.

I've finally got round to connecting an external keyboard controller to the BCF via Midi. That works fine, however, I appear to have accidentally done something and now my BCF faders are controlling pan and not volume!

I've tried everything I can think of - panic reset, re-adding the control serface in Logic, etc, but to no avail. It's driving me nuts!

Any help on how to get it back to normal will be gratefully received.

Try rebooting the BCF back into LC Mode:-

Power Off - Hold down top button third from left - Power on with button held.

If that doesn't work, then it maybe something in the Control Surface settings in Logic. I have a very *vague* feeling there is some kind of parameter called "Flip" or something similar which allows the fader to control pan....but it's just a vague memory.