Logic Studio 9!

thindave

I was hoping for a game changing 64 bit. Otherwise, I would say this proves the viability of Logic still, by addressing the areas in which it was agreed Logic was weak.

Well, I've read so many times that the gains will be nominal. I'm glad we didn't have to wait another 8-10 months while the app was rewritten for no real gains.

People love to throw "game changer" around with 64 bit, but I think that's just wishful thinking. I'm sure it will be helpful, won't change the sound quality and would result in no new features as a result of the change. (other than the claim of 64 bits)

im just dying to know whether this is a new version with a whole new pile of bugs to sift through or if its essentially a solid version of 8.

i know that sounds cynical as f*%@, but whatever. im glad i switched to logic a year ago, but some of these bugs are hellish and should have stopped 8 hitting the market until they were sorted. i hope 9 is not the same

Right!

I couldn't care less about whether or not it's for Intel machines, but fix the problems for those of us struggling on PPCs. Make Logic 8 stable, then come out with 9.

Can someone explain this??? What am I missing here? Is it just a greed thing from Apple?

I'm sure that at some point work on 8 had to stop to make 9. I am also sure that a ton of bugs from 8 are fixed in 9. I'm also sure that new features always mean new bugs.. this is nothing new for any app.. I always felt that Logic Pro 8.0.2 was quite stable. It had a few problems, but nothing so serious that I couldn't make great records.

Anyhow, I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

It actually says Intel and 10.5.7 is the minimum requirement to "Install All Applications" - so it might be the case that Logic9 will work with PPC - but not with all features.... (for instance - right now I have Logic 8 on my 1.25G4Tiger - and it works fine - but Mainstage doesn't work - because my graphics isn't up to it)

... just a thought ;o)

My favourite new feature is the one about instantly creating a sampler track out of the audio - but, hey, I'm easily pleased ;o)

some pretty cool new features. The selected track import looks pretty cool, as does the new comp features.

they sure spent a lot of time redoing guitar amp pro. still probably won't sound as good as guitar rig 3 or amplitube, but hey, at least it's free for other users. and probably less CPU heavy.

will there be any other effects news. with logic 8 there was delay designer and new compressor?

Evan

some pretty cool new features. The selected track import looks pretty cool, as does the new comp features.

they sure spent a lot of time redoing guitar amp pro. still probably won't sound as good as guitar rig 3 or amplitube, but hey, at least it's free for other users. and probably less CPU heavy.

will there be any other effects news. with logic 8 there was delay designer and new compressor?

Evan

Sound quality of the examples was amazing.. Did you watch the video? Looks like you can move the mic position around freely, which is a nice touch.

Pedalboard also looks great. I can't wait to play it.

I was hoping for a game changing 64 bit. Otherwise, I would say this proves the viability of Logic still, by addressing the areas in which it was agreed Logic was weak.

Well, I've read so many times that the gains will be nominal. I'm glad we didn't have to wait another 8-10 months while the app was rewritten for no real gains.

People love to throw "game changer" around with 64 bit, but I think that's just wishful thinking. I'm sure it will be helpful, won't change the sound quality and would result in no new features as a result of the change. (other than the claim of 64 bits)

right, i just hope it doesnt crash this time when i go OVER 32bit addressing limit...

amp designer however does look pretty amazing...

Well, I've spent lots of time sending bug reports and crash reports to apple, so surely they must get looked at!?! Lets hope so! I just ordered the upgrade as couldn't resist! Estimated delivery time of Sept 7th. Seems like an age away, but it's not that far really. :D

I'm ordering this in the next few minutes. Then I'm putting my Line6 POD on Kijiji. I can't wait to go full Logic/Mainstage.

Mulitple lanes of automation?

Don't we already have that?

they go retarded for me, im not sure this happens to everyone

also when i use auto zoom on tracks some of them get stuck with it and i end up having two tracks on auto zoom

and what about the buffer problem? like when you bounce a track and you get that annoying buffer left over on the beginning of a track and you gotta bounce again? and the little click before the first audio track?

i know im not the only one that has this problem because i've read many threads about the buffer issue. there's ways to go around it but it's just annoying!

Mulitple lanes of automation?

Don't we already have that?

He may be referring to automation takes, ie playlists.

takefolders, region based automation?

i doubt we will see playlists as in protools.

im so sad i still dont see if the software instrument record arm bug has been fixed

Just ordered it for next day delivery.

Question:

My system is working perfectly right now. If I clone my system drive (Which has Logic on it) and boot from the cloned drive, then install the upgrade on it, will that work?

I am not about to go full tilt on the new version 'till I know it's working.

Just ordered it for next day delivery.

Question:

My system is working perfectly right now. If I clone my system drive (Which has Logic on it) and boot from the cloned drive, then install the upgrade on it, will that work?

I am not about to go full tilt on the new version 'till I know it's working.

Yes, it should work perfectly.

At least that's what I will do on my machine.

Edited by Eric Cardenas