Logic Studio 9!

thindave

Yup. Like, what bugs have been fixed would be a nice detail.

Total speculation here, but I think it's unlikely that a Logic 8 bug-fix list would be published because Logic 9 seems to be marketed as a whole new product, not "just" an upgrade.

I just checked my ADC bugreporter list of Logic 8 bugs I reported. They all remain "open" issues (as opposed to "closed" or "fixed").

On top of expression midi mapping I forgot to mention Multi-timbral freezing of some ability. That would be a god send for me if doable. I sure hope the release features are not the only ones to come.

This update seems so geared for guitarists. I don't see much more for orchestra writing and classical music production which is all I do.

for something that hasnt been updated in almost 2 whole years, I see nothing of interest beyond flex time, at least for those of us who already own guitar rig 3...I want bug fixes for crying out loud not $200 upgrades

so you want to pay $200 for bug fixes? at least you know you're paying for something new

honestly i think guitar rig 3, amplitube, and all those guitar softwares suck ass

i prefer sticking to my real amp and investing in real guitar pedals that not only i can touch and feel, i can also use them without my computer

for something that hasnt been updated in almost 2 whole years, I see nothing of interest beyond flex time, at least for those of us who already own guitar rig 3...I want bug fixes for crying out loud not $200 upgrades

so you want to pay $200 for bug fixes? at least you know you're paying for something new

honestly i think guitar rig 3, amplitube, and all those guitar softwares suck ass

i prefer sticking to my real amp and investing in real guitar pedals that not only i can touch and feel, i can also use them without my computer

No I want bug fixes. Updates. Solutions. via Software update. For stupid little bugs that have been there for YEARS. where was 8.0.3? 8.1? at least they updated 7 several times

Logic 7->8 = big upgrade

Logic 8->9 = joke

for me, anyway...

No I want bug fixes. Updates. Solutions. via Software update. For stupid little bugs that have been there for YEARS. where was 8.0.3? 8.1? at least they updated 7 several times

Logic 7->8 = big upgrade

Logic 8->9 = joke

for me, anyway...

Well, happy waiting another 2 years :lol:

Logic 7->8 = big upgrade

Logic 8->9 = joke

for me, anyway...

Well, happy waiting another 2 years :lol:

ok, well I won't be buying into apple this time...feel free if that suits you though

big joke? have you USED it? have you tried to SEE if any of the bugs are fixed?

My guess is there's still some issues. My guess is that there's also a lot of fixes that won't be officialy 'published'.

I'm waiting to see if those who have known bugs/issues find that they're resolved or not.

His conclusion is pretty funny ... it sound like a pretty exclusive bit of software, if you believe his bottom line.

Bottom line

Logic Studio is a clear winner for Apple. Whether you are a guitar player looking for improved amp sounds or an engineer that wants to improve your workflow, Logic Studio has something new for you.

big joke? have you USED it? have you tried to SEE if any of the bugs are fixed?

My guess is there's still some issues. My guess is that there's also a lot of fixes that won't be officialy 'published'.

I'm waiting to see if those who have known bugs/issues find that they're resolved or not.

for me, its a big joke, for the price. compared to the Logic Studio 8 upgrade, there are very few new and neat features...Logic 8 was brilliant. no stupid xskey, compressor, qt pro, st pro, delay designer, much much slicker and easier to use interface, better bouncing, better handling of films, nice esx24 update..not to mention 5 or 6 jam packs or however many there were

logic 9- flex time, bounce in place, pedal board

Flex time and this new convert to sampler instrument feature look great. My guess is there's a lot of time saving tricks in there and changes to make it easy for newbies like me!

Flex time and that set of features makes the upgrade worthwhile imo.

Any mention of the samples etc included compared to Logic 8? And how does upgrade work on the mac - is it a fresh install?

Flex time and this new convert to sampler instrument feature look great. My guess is there's a lot of time saving tricks in there and changes to make it easy for newbies like me!

Flex time and that set of features makes the upgrade worthwhile imo.

Any mention of the samples etc included compared to Logic 8? And how does upgrade work on the mac - is it a fresh install?

Check out that installing .pdf which got posted in this thread. Seemed pretty painless.

Available disk space

* 9GB to install all applications and required content

* Additional 38GB to install all optional content (large content packages can be installed on separate disk):

o 10GB for Jam Pack collections

o 16GB for sound effects

o 6GB for surround music beds

o 6GB for other optional content

I'm digging that 16GB SFX 8).

Try the Revalver.

Although, the samples of the lower gain Amp Designer stuff sound really awesome. Probably ought to stick with Revalver for the metal, though. In fact, I'm selling my license (provided it is even transferrable. waiting on word from Peavey), so anyone can PM me if interested. I used to be more of a tone snob, but I just don't have time for it anymore. Too many iPhone games to make!!! :D Amp Designer and Pedalboard should do fine for me.

In fact, I hardly ever even deal with audio recordings these days, so this upgrade is way overpriced for me. Guess I'm paying for (hopefully) bug fixes. :x I am happy that more Pro Tools features are being matched or eclipsed, though, because I would prefer for that software to finish its rotting decomposition already. I also like that Apple isn't wasting time with PPC anymore.

well the old saying, stick with your strength. seems to be in effect here.

that's cool I suppose.

More effects,.gtr amps, what I think of as bells and whistles almost gimmicks.

not literally... but. really,...

what Logic user wouldn't like the cumbersome way mutli VI's operate in L8 fixed once and for all? meaning cc7 and cc10.

or, to just,..not ever have to think about Plug Delay Compensation at all?

and, sample editing,...having to copy the file for fear of destruction to it?

I wouldn't call these bugs, just pretty ineffective workflow that I really would have thought Apple would get around to..

not bashing but,.

I wish they would stop going the gimmick route, I think it's cheapening the appeal Logic has in the marketplace. Will prolly start to be seen as a heavy duty version of garageband. I lot of peeps already have that view. I guess what I'm saying is,.I don't think this update will do anything to help that,...only hurt it further.

my 2