Free plug-ins

• 2 weeks later...

600 MB download for a pan plugin?

lol

I'm not sure I'm actually going to install that...

PS: So, a new engine is in town... Gorilla Engine... Sort of like the "Unreal Enginge" for audio plugins. I guess we'll be seeing a lot of these type of plugins from analog world manufacturers...

Edited by wonshu
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not a free plugin per se but a nice find: a free, or pay what you want, solo trumpet for Kontakt:

https://www.norrlandsamples.com/ 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l9IwMD3gFyEkvOMMbM3UlorGNfGgokSp

It's an excellent library in my opinion: Various articulations and efficient ways to play them, 15 types on mutes (14 mutes + no mute), 5 mic settings, etc...

You need to recreate Mahler's 5th's Trauermarsch? Go for it 😉

Edited by FLH3
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 7:39 PM, NoPro said:

Great….. ! How do I delete codemeter or do I delete the plugin itself ? Any help appreciated .

Feeling your pain. I've never recommended a product, but personally I've always used Find Any File (Tempel.org). Lightweight, no crud installed, intuitive GUI. Knocks spots off of Spotlight. It used to be free (I've been using it for 5 years). They've recently started charging £/$6.0 (well worth it). Finds absolutely anything, anywhere (invisible files including). Just be careful what you delete! Some search terms can return things you SHOUDN'T. Just be cautious.

I searched for Codesign and it returned all the crud. Select, delete. Did the same for V-Pan.
Can be  downloaded here: https://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/.

A real shame its Codesign – I would have liked to have tried this. Hey ho! ,-)

• Like 1

I would like to throw in the completely free EasyFind from Devon Technologies https://www.devontechnologies.com/apps/freeware

And, if someone wants to expand their knowledge of Linux / Unix - open the terminal and use the "find" command that is already included in macos. As a start point you could use:

find /PUT/A/PATH/HERE -iname "*YOURSEARCHTERM*" 2>/dev/null

Quick explanation:

as a startpath you could use your home directory by putting ~/ there - or start on an external drive with /Volumes/NAMEOFEXTERNALDRIVE 

If a drive name contains a blank space you have to either escape it by using "\" followed by the blank space or put the whole path in single quotes.

The * makes sure that the search term can be anywhere in the file or folder name.

"2>/dev/null" just moves all the error messages that come up to a non-existent device, in other words, they won't be shown. 

There are many options for find and there are a ton of websites explaining all kinds of searches you can do with it.

Edited by wonshu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Melda offers their new “MCenter” plug-in for free for a week only. They say it is

“a simple yet powerful plugin designed to give you unparalleled control over stereo qualities. It goes beyond traditional mid-side processing by offering advanced features that accurately manipulate the "phantom center" and the remaining stereo signal.”

See more here:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCenter

• Like 1

Just downloaded & installed it on my "sandbox" semi-broken 2018 MBP.

Good news: the plugin is installed as "zebralette3", hence you can keep the previous version "zebralette" which runs as usual.

And the zebralette3 AU works fine. A little bit CPU greedy, however, with some presets on this old 2018 intel MBP. (On an M-SuperUltra-FromTheHeaven-NewGen'-ProChip you won't notice it, I suppose)

Edited by FLH3

Anyone get the new free Tonocracy.com guitar modeler to work ? It looks great but it audio unit won’t pass validation …? If anyone has got it to work please let me know what specs your computer are 

Me OS 12.7.3 /logic 10.7.9

the plugin in plugin manager shows up as TMT but doesn’t pass validation . Stand-alone shows up but I have no use for that 

tonocracy.com 

On 2/18/2024 at 4:09 AM, NoPro said:

Anyone get the new free Tonocracy.com guitar modeler to work ?

It doesn't work for me on Intel, Ventura and Sonoma (tested on 2 machines) , Logic 10.8.1.

I dropped it and I won't try tricky maneuvers to make it works. My policy is: If a plugin is too difficult to install (ex needs a restart or typing code in the Terminal), I don't use it.

Audio-Plugin-Uninstaller is your friend. 😄

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FLH3 said:

It doesn't work for me on Intel, Ventura and Sonoma (tested on 2 machines) , Logic 10.8.1.

I dropped it and I won't try tricky maneuvers to make it works. My policy is: If a plugin is too difficult to install (ex needs a restart or typing code in the Terminal), I don't use it.

Audio-Plugin-Uninstaller is your friend. 😄

Right on !Thank you !!Done !! 

Edited by NoPro
Added words
  • Like 1