Free plug-ins

10% of killers and 90% of keeping dust in a folder, on my side. I grumble but yes, we're in a fantastic time, with all those tools, synths, FXs, instrument libraries, you can virtualy make a quasi-pro production for free.

The price is we don't have anymore excuses for failing to express our talent 😉

Edited by FLH3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 2:05 AM, FLH3 said:

Or more precisely I'll do a sub-sub "favorite" folder in each folder by type of plugin.

I’d like to see the structure you define for this.

I recently went through a “plugin purge” and created a spreadsheet to help me see the big picture.  Ultimately, thinking I’d reflect something more streamline in Logic plugin manager.

Since I posted this I did it but in the "opposite" way. I've now a "Favorite" folder, and as the usual way* a "Favorite: Dynamic" folder, a "Favorite: Reverb" folder, same for delays, amp & pedals, modulations, etc... 

And I put in the corresponding sub folder the plugin I use more frequently, on the go.

I did that for the FXs plugins, not for the instrument plugins as I usualy rely on my personnal premade patches for them. I chose a patches and I usualy don't care about the instrument used until I edit it slightly

(*the name of the main folder, colon, space, the name of the subfolder)

Edited by FLH3

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

I don't use a space, what's the advantage?

I don't know, when I learned somewhere on the internet the way to do that it was said "colon space". It worked fine so I stayed stuck on that, I'm not an adventurous cat and up until now I had no idea it could work without the space 🤔

BTW it didn't shocked me as it's traditional to add a space after a comma, colon or other ponctuations marks in the regular world.