A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

Never Forget

Re: 3rd Party Plugin factory presets database for Logic

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi everyone !

There is my aupresets for TAL-Bassline-101 from Togu Audio Line.

And if you want, take a look (and a ear !) to our band Never Forget :

http://neverforget.musimage.ch/
https://www.facebook.com/neverforgetmusic/
Attachments
TAL-BassLine-101.zip
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 52 times

tomi

Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:55 am

Hi Never Forget,

Can you please tell me how do you install them into Logic 9 or X? Thank you far in advance.

Tom

Otari48

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:12 am

Hi Guys. I have downloaded the .fbx files for my MS20 legacy which I'll be using in Logic. Now, where do I put the .fbx files so I can load them into the MS20 plug in?
Thanks

Never Forget

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:29 am

tomi wrote:
Hi Never Forget,

Can you please tell me how do you install them into Logic 9 or X? Thank you far in advance.

Tom

Hi Tomi,
You have just to copy the folder "TAL BassLine 101" (which contains the aupresets) in the folder "TAL-Togu Audio Line" (in Library -> Audio -> Presets) or create one if no exists.

Atlas007

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Otari48 wrote:
Hi Guys. I have downloaded the .fbx files for my MS20 legacy which I'll be using in Logic. Now, where do I put the .fbx files so I can load them into the MS20 plug in?
Thanks

Have you tried in:
Mac HD>Library>Application Support>Korg>MS-20
?
LogicX 10.3.2(& 9.1.8),MainStage3.3
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.10.5
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.12.6
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, McControl, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Melodyne, Omnisphere 2, MIDIQuest, etc
PC, iPad3(V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear

MaraJade

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi all,

are the presets for the latest Arturia V-Collection 5 already available somewhere here? My search didn't give any helpful results...
I found some presets for the V2 instruments version here, but many of the software instruments in "V-Collection 5" are now in the V3 version where the presets are incompatible to the V2 instruments...
E.g. "Modular V3", "ARP2600 V3", "CS-80 V3", "Prophet V3" and many more...

Perhaps some of the Keyboard Maestro owners/gurus ;-) can help here, as the number of presets is huge in Arturia's "V-Collection 5"

Best wishes
Christopher

sjgam

Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:49 pm

MaraJade wrote:
Hi all,

are the presets for the latest Arturia V-Collection 5 already available somewhere here? My search didn't give any helpful results...
I found some presets for the V2 instruments version here, but many of the software instruments in "V-Collection 5" are now in the V3 version where the presets are incompatible to the V2 instruments...

Perhaps some of the Keyboard Maestro owners/gurus ;-) can help here, as the number of presets is huge in Arturia's "V-Collection 5"

Best wishes
Christopher

Second that request - got promotion for V Collection 5 and yes there are so many presets and yes the one's in this forum are dated and dont work with current version.

fessfessel

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:50 pm

sjgam wrote:
MaraJade wrote:
Hi all,

Best wishes
Christopher

Second that request - got promotion for V Collection 5 and yes there are so many presets and yes the one's in this forum are dated and dont work with current version.

Any luck finding these>?  i could knock out Mini V3, if you guys are willing to do some of the others

fessfessel

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:51 pm

MaraJade wrote:
Hi all,

Best wishes
Christopher

Any luck finding these>?  i could knock out Mini V3, if you guys are willing to do some of the others

skijumptoes

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Yeah i could pick up one of the others, which one shall i do?

fessfessel

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:01 pm

skijumptoes wrote:

Whatever ur favorite is -  maybe one of these 
 Prophet V3
Jup-8 V3
Farfisa V

fessfessel

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 pm

skijumptoes wrote:

Actually-   I may bow out,  the names don't even load into Logics AUpreset window.  I found an old program - do the names load for you after you choose a preset>?

fessfessel

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 pm

fessfessel wrote:
skijumptoes wrote:

Whatever ur favorite is -  maybe one of these 
 Prophet V3
Jup-8 V3
Farfisa V

I may be on to something -  Is it true>?  Ableton and Logic presets can be inter-shared>?   If so-  I see someone  loading presets with Ableton Push too. 

skijumptoes

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah if they're aupresets they can be shared, chances are they'll be abletons own format though?

Attached Farfisa V:-
Farfisa V.zip
(725.86 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

I can get the presets copying via aulab, just tried doing Jup-8 though, and the patch loading can be slow on some patches which is throwing the script out, i'll try more on Monday as i should have a spare machine that i can just leave doing these slowly (more reliably).

Someone say in the meantime if i should categorise them (bass/lead etc.) or just ok in one big folder.

Taiga Wuzzz

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:02 pm

50% of CS-80V3 is done

des99

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:50 am

I did the Arturia V2 stuff posted here, alongside a lot of other plugins.

I'm currently doing the D50 plugin, with *all* the CultofD50.org sysex archive in Logic format.

When that's done I'll take a look at modifying my scripts and re-outputing the newer Arturia V3 stuff. You don't really want to do this stuff manually for anything over about 50 patches - automated is the way to do it to stay sane!
mu:zines | music magazine archive
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Music Technology, E&MM and more...

des99

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:01 am

d50.png
d50.png (91.42 KiB) Viewed 354 times

Roland D50

All 6 banks of presets, and then as separate archives, the CultofD50.org D50 syx archive (over 20,000 D50 patches!) and the Carl Johnson banks also hosted there.

The big archive is organised in the same way as the syx archive, although many obvious duplicates have been removed. You may want to re-organise in the way that best makes sense to you. The archive includes basically every D50 patch ever uploaded the internet! (not including current commercial banks, of course.) all converted from SYX to BIN files for the plugin (using difficultAUDIO D50 Syx to Bin Conversion), and then resaved out as individual .aupreset files.

The patch names have the position (eg: B-7) included in the filename, mainly because some banks have sounds with duplicate filenames. If you prefer to remove these, any generic renamer tool can easily strip these off - though you'll have to handle filename collisions in these cases.

Presets: D50 Plugin Presets (1.6 Mb zip)
CultofD50 Archive: CultofD50 Archive (116.8 Mb zip)
Carl Johnson: Carl Johnson Banks (547 Kb zip)

This was a *big* task!

skijumptoes

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:04 am

des, great work on this, that's a massive bank!

des99

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks, yep it took the best part of a week on and off.

I'd get the script solid and after a while I couldn't work out why it was getting unreliable and failing - what was happening is that as more and more aupresets were added, every time you opened the patch menu in Logic to save it, Logic was taking longer and longer to scan the directories and then open the menu. So I'd keep having to slow the script down over time to keep it working.

So, a little tip on big conversions - keep moving the bulk of patches out of the presets folder while converting, and put them back when you are done - Logic is much faster that way!

des99

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:48 pm

fessfessel wrote:
skijumptoes wrote:

Actually-   I may bow out,  the names don't even load into Logics AUpreset window.  I found an old program - do the names load for you after you choose a preset>?

There's usually a way to get the patch names. I just looked at eg the Prophet V3, and I can get the patch names out of that.

I think part of the reason I didn't do the V3 instruments up to now is that they come with their own tagged browser which is decent enough, so exporting to a fixed folder scheme seems a fair amount of work for not much return... same reason as I wouldn't want to do things like the Spectrasonics stuff, or the u-he stuff etc...