Nektar Panorama and Logic Pro X 10.3 Issues

sjgam

Logic Pro X 10.3 release is causing issues with Nektar Panorama - certain transport features not functional and Alchemy glitches with parameter control. Got a response from Netkar and they are seeing these and more issues. Not confirmed but apparently its looking to them it might be an issue with the Logic release and so no definite timeframe for Apple/Logic to solve this. And of course I did not backup the old version of Logic and so deliberating whether to go to time machine and go back to old version of Logic that way. Some of the features, especially the "Alternate Tracks" are very attractive though.

BTW - on the topic of Panorama compatibility - the P Keys (quick command buttons) are still not operational with current OS (Sierra) or last OS (El Cap) and apparently again from Nektar support its a lot of work to get them working again so no view on when that will happen. I could go back to Yosemite I suppose but worried about what other software that would effect.

The transport controls on my NI S-61 are a s#!+ show with 10.3. Constantly dropping their functionality. And whenever I drag audio files into the arrange window Logic pops up a message; something about OSC trying to connect to Komplete Kontrol. It's a huge pain in the ass that will hopefully find a fix soon. 

Glad I'm not the only one then. My P1 transport controls have gone since the upgrade too. Hope they get it sorted soon; it's a cracking controller when working properly.

From the NI forum. Fingers crossed, this seems to have fixed my issues. Maybe give it a try on your system and see if it helps......

1. Restart the computer.

2. In Finder, select "Go To Folder" from the "Go" menu.

3. Type in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs and press Return.

4. Move the selected file to the Trash.

5. Turn on your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard.

6. Open Logic Pro X.

7. The "KK S-Series'...wants to connect to Logic Pro X." message will be displayed. Click OK.

Thanks BBeasely. Nektar had confirmed to me today that is an Apple issue and their developer notified Apple but they have no insight how quickly Apple will resolve it. So I am doing an overnight restore from time machine to go to previous version of Logic.

If anyone with Panorama who updated Logic to 10.3 could try this fix above and let us know if that resolved it that would be appreciated.

Thanks BBeasely. Nektar had confirmed to me today that is an Apple issue and their developer notified Apple but they have no insight how quickly Apple will resolve it. So I am doing an overnight restore from time machine to go to previous version of Logic.

If anyone with Panorama who updated Logic to 10.3 could try this fix above and let us know if that resolved it that would be appreciated.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of integration does your Nektar controller have with Logic aside from the obvious transport / faders / knobs. It just seems sorta strange that this is claimed an Apple issue, and even stranger that you have wait for Apple to fix it...? Unless I'm missing something, Nektar controllers have the same connection protocols as every other OSC MIDI device. Just not sure what Apple could have even changed so drastically as to break the system. Perhaps it's software related. The good news is that Apple usually rolls out a couple of updates to tidy things up after a significant release like this one, so I am sure you won't be waiting around tooooo long. Good luck! 

I've been having the same issues with my P1 with Logic Pro 10.3.

I was wondering if the transport controls, "Punch in-Out and Left/Right Locators still worked in Logic 9, so I loaded it up and yes all working as normal. This would back up the claim that it is an Apple issue I think. 

Does anyone know how to copy the Logic 9 Controller preference file into 10.3 or am I over simplifying the issue?

Just an update that I rolled back to previous version of Logic Pro X using time machine (40 hours restore time on  1 Gig Harddrive and without my machine over the weekend!) and Panorama worked fine again - transport functions and alchemy parameter control was all back. Going to try to restore my iPad Logic Remote back as the current version wont work now with the rolled back version of Logic Pro X.

Never was able to use Panorma PKeys/QWERTY keys as I am on El Capitan. So considering rolling back to Yosemite as it is still available on Mac App Store. Not sure how that might upset the rest of my apps and another 50 hours restoring on time machine as you wipe your harddrive out with OS downgrade.

Wondering if those quick keys are worth it ....?

hi,

sorry to hear that, but that's funny. i don't have any problems at all. it's all working as it should.

maybe it's because i have to make a fresh install of the panorama software. i upgraded to el capitan before i updated to logic 10.3.

also i have to reset the panorama p1. all done with the help of the great support team of nektar.

so i'm wondering why they say, they are aware of this problem????

best andreas

• 3 weeks later...
hi,

sorry to hear that, but that's funny. i don't have any problems at all. it's all working as it should.

maybe it's because i have to make a fresh install of the panorama software. i upgraded to el capitan before i updated to logic 10.3.

also i have to reset the panorama p1. all done with the help of the great support team of nektar.

so i'm wondering why they say, they are aware of this problem????

best andreas

Here is their note from their site confirming the issue is with Logic and the nature of the issue which is the same things I am seeing before I reverted back to previous Logic Pro X version with time machine. Apparently Apple/Logic will fix it in next release.   http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB/it.I/id.12025/KB.666/.f?sc=26&category=21c

Just updated to Logic Pro X.3.1 and it seems to have fixed the issues.

Thanks guys. 

Thanks for update. Can you confirm that the eight rotaries in Transport mode all function and the alchemy parameters are mapped/working in Instrument mode? Hate to have to revert back to previous Logic version again.

Now to bring back the Function Keys in El-Capitan/Sierra.

With the change in the way macOS was changed, the function keys don't work anymore. An Apple issue, not Nektar.

I LOVED my FKeys, and mourn the loss of them every time I go to use them out of muscle memory.

New to Panorama P6 - was considering reverting back to Yosemite to get FKey functionality. What did you find so useful/how were you using them to help with workflow? I was thinking navigation with arrows and tabbing and some utility (return,escape etc) and maybe if possible inserting instruments.

The FKeys enable you to do things like Left, Right, Up, Down arrow, Undo, Redo, Save, and when you used the Macro Editor program you could create your own and make "banks" of them. It's a shame. That, and the reason there is no 88 key version of the Panorama, led me to move onto other solutions, sad to say. Nektar is a great little company with some great ideas.

The FKeys enable you to do things like Left, Right, Up, Down arrow, Undo, Redo, Save, and when you used the Macro Editor program you could create your own and make "banks" of them. It's a shame. That, and the reason there is no 88 key version of the Panorama, led me to move onto other solutions, sad to say. Nektar is a great little company with some great ideas.

Thanks for that insight. I am a singer/guitarist dabbling in keys so the 61 keys are fine for me and I am leaning on the P6 for VI keys and drums and plugin control and logic control. I am hopeful they will return qwerty pkey function for el cap/sierra or at least hard code basic nav and utility keys.

• 1 year later...