Nektar Panorama CS12 - customised control of Logic Pro X

Does the CS 12 "update" to the plugin if you open it with a mouse? I watched several walkthrough videos but everyone always opens it via 1-8 buttons, I'm curious if for example you open one of the plugins on selected channel with the mouse, does the CS 12 change to that plugin or stays on the one that was selected with the controller?

3 hours ago, urbka said:

that's a bummer

Currently a limitation of Logic's API I'm afraid.  

Other DAW APIs do support this functionality.  Other APIs do support this, and Logic is the odd one out in this regard.  Hopefully we can work out a way to support this with Apple in a future Logic update.

On 4/12/2024 at 11:20 AM, CLeanWake said:

I've submitted tickets for both of these questions to Nektar and will report back with any findings but in the interest of continuing to make progress, I thought I'd post here as well.

Did you get answers on either question. I can't seem to delete in Nektarine (only overwrite) and I can seem to make pages work

6 hours ago, rcandy said:

Did you get answers on either question. I can't seem to delete in Nektarine (only overwrite) and I can seem to make pages work

This is what Justin from Tech support told me:

You can delete an assignment in Nektarine's Controller Mapping view by clicking on the control which you want to clear and hitting the 'Delete' or 'Backspace' key on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can use the 'Clear One' or 'Clear All' functions in the learn menu.

1. When using the CS12 with Nektarine, hold [Shift] and press the data encoder to activate Learn Mode.

2. Turn the data encoder to open the Learn Menu

3. Select 'Clear One' then wait a moment. The learn menu will be dismissed and the current parameter bar will say 'Clear Next...'

4. Turn a knob or press a button whose assignment you would like to clear. The assignment will then be cleared.

Within Nektarine itself, hitting "delete" does not remove the controller assignment. I haven't tried the Learn Mode route on the controller yet however. I'm hoping that this is still functionality being worked out in the beta version of Nektarine that works with the CS12 as it certainly isn't intuitive and it certainly seems like I should be able to delete an assignment within Nektarine without having to touch the controller given that that is a core function of Nektarine.

Please post here if you figure anything out.

4 hours ago, CLeanWake said:

You can delete an assignment in Nektarine's Controller Mapping view by clicking on the control which you want to clear and hitting the 'Delete' or 'Backspace' key on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can use the 'Clear One' or 'Clear All' functions in the learn menu.

I've tried to delete in Nektarine and it just doesn't work. You can overwrite but that's it.

The clear one method on the CS12 controller does work though

Edited by rcandy

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere before. I could not find the answer.

I'm hoping the fader can be used for Logic's Automation Quick Access. Does anyone know? My OG Presonus Faderport would work like that. Basically whatever automation lane is visible on the track is automatically assigned to the fader, does not matter what it is. So that means any CC's can be written with the fader and automated. It was literally the best way to work for composition and I have not found a controller yet that does it.

I'm really hoping the CS12 can do it. I will buy it immediately!

2 hours ago, asinla said:

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere before. I could not find the answer.

I'm hoping the fader can be used for Logic's Automation Quick Access. Does anyone know? My OG Presonus Faderport would work like that. Basically whatever automation lane is visible on the track is automatically assigned to the fader, does not matter what it is. So that means any CC's can be written with the fader and automated. It was literally the best way to work for composition and I have not found a controller yet that does it.

I'm really hoping the CS12 can do it. I will buy it immediately!

It's essentially the same thing but much easier with the CS12...

When [SELECT] is active on the CS12 the motor fader controls any parameter by clicking to select it. So you don't need to assign it via Automation quick access.  Plus, you get the full resolution of the motor fader instead of 7-bit MIDI CC this way.

See the "Control ANY Parameter NOW" section on the website:

https://nektartech.com/panorama-cs12/

• Like 1

Hello all, this is not a Nektar production, but some of you may find this useful...  

A full set of new detailed tutorials for the CS12 was posted to the groove3.  The full set is available on this link:

https://www.groove3.com/products/Nektar-Panorama-CS12-Explained

There are 2 free videos one showing the setup process and another demonstrating the [SELECT] mode functionality.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TChandler said:

When [SELECT] is active on the CS12 the motor fader controls any parameter by clicking to select it. So you don't need to assign it via Automation quick access.  Plus, you get the full resolution of the motor fader instead of 7-bit MIDI CC this way.

Thanks so much for that! And off I go to Reverb......

On 4/23/2024 at 11:10 AM, TChandler said:

Just so I'm clear though....

I have many sample libraries that use cc1 and cc11 continuously. If I switch the region automation lane in Logic to show cc1 will the fader be able to now control cc1? Will it follow the cc info? Can I use Touch and Latch to continue inputting cc1 using the fader?

Your reply above mentions the fader controlling plugin parameters by clicking to select it. That's not the same thing I am describing.

Thanks.

On 4/23/2024 at 11:20 AM, TChandler said:

Hello all, this is not a Nektar production, but some of you may find this useful...  

A full set of new detailed tutorials for the CS12 was posted to the groove3.  The full set is available on this link:

https://www.groove3.com/products/Nektar-Panorama-CS12-Explained

There are 2 free videos one showing the setup process and another demonstrating the [SELECT] mode functionality.

Got the course on Groove3 a couple of days ago. I'm a fan of Eli Kranzberg's previous Logic (and other) titles and he's excellent. Same with this title. Worth it.