GSI-VB3-ll not working with Nektar Impact LX49+

philntheblanks

Hi,

I recently purchased the GSI VB3 ll Hammond organ VST plugin thinking it would be as easy to map the drawbars with the slider controls of my Impact LX49 as it was with the Logic B3. However that's not the case.

Logic's control surface "learn mode" doesn't seem to catch the movement of the drawbars when I use the mouse to change them like it should. The VB3 plugin has it's own "learn mode" but it doesn't detect the movement of the controller slider even though Logic is seeing it.

I've reached out to the developer but communication doesn't seem to be their strength.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Some of you guys get really creative with the usernames, thanks for the laugh. :lol:

I suppose it's not detecting the movements of the controller because that controller is already assigned? As a test, try to select Logic Pro X > Control Surface > Bypass All Control Surfaces. Now try to learn your controller sliders using VB3's learn mode?

Ok so that means the Impact is already set up as a control surface in Logic, already controlling certain things. You can choose to disable it the way I just showed you, or under Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Preferences :: MIDI Controllers, then use the VB3 learn mode, or you can uninstall it as a MIDI Controller from Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Setup then use Logic's Smart Controls or Control Surface assignments to make your own custom assignments.

But I've lost all other control of logic now. Any way to have them both?

You could keep it as a control surface and try to assign some faders as Smart Controls or Learn them through Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Learn Assignment.

Hey Dave,

The Bypass Control Surfaces option will work since I'd hate screw up the Logic integration that the LX48 has.

I was hoping that once I got the VB3 to learn the controller I would be able to save it as a plugin preset. But that didn't work.

Is there any to save and recall without having to have VB3 relearn the controller every time I want to use it?

I would try mapping the Smart Controls to the drawbars then assigning your controller faders/knobs to the Smart Controls and save that as a patch in the library. Then see if some of your controller knobs are already assigned to Smart Controls, otherwise assign them yourself. See the Smart Controls link I shared earlier in this thread.