Logic Pro X 10.4.1 Released!

drb

Did anyone notice that every change to any of the new vintage EQ models reacts with latency?

Going from bypass to active almost sound like a cross fade!

Is this a bug? a feature? And Ideas?

Given that there is wha looks like a Pultec impulse response (Pultec.nlIR, 18.7MB) in the MADSP app framework bundle (as well as others), it's likely the the new vintage EQ's are based on convolution models, which is why they don't react instantly...

Hmm, i've deleted this file from my Logic App but all vintage EQs are still working good...

hi

Vintage Eq Collection is Amazing,

also more add

Logic Pro EQ section:

Manley Massive Passive Eq

Tube Tech EQ

Prism Sound Maselec Eq

Sontec 423 Mastering Eq

SSL E EQ

SSL G EQ

now still waiting Vintage Compressor Collection ..

my wish list

Logic Pro Compressor Section:

Fairchild 670

Shadow Hill

SSl G Comp

API 2500

Manley Vari MU

Made the jump to Sierra on my MacPro 3,1 using dosdude1's patched installer, downloaded the update to Logic 10.4 and pleased to report it is running smoothly, loving it so far! Wi-fi still works and everything else seems good, no issues so far with audio compatibility with the Apogee Duet firewire or anything else. It was an easy process overall so if anyone else is thinking about upgrading their MacPro 3,1 to Sierra so they can update to Logic 10.4 go for it, just check the Wi-Fi card number. I couldn't upgrade to High Sierra due to my ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card, but happy to remain on Sierra and keep this set up until hopefully we see a new MacPro later this year. Even then I'll probably keep using this machine for a while, everything is performing pretty well.

Made the jump to Sierra on my MacPro 3,1 using dosdude1's patched installer, downloaded the update to Logic 10.4 and pleased to report it is running smoothly, loving it so far! Wi-fi still works and everything else seems good, no issues so far with audio compatibility with the Apogee Duet firewire or anything else. It was an easy process overall so if anyone else is thinking about upgrading their MacPro 3,1 to Sierra so they can update to Logic 10.4 go for it, just check the Wi-Fi card number. I couldn't upgrade to High Sierra due to my ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card, but happy to remain on Sierra and keep this set up until hopefully we see a new MacPro later this year. Even then I'll probably keep using this machine for a while, everything is performing pretty well.

I did the same with my Mac Pro 4,1 and Sierra is running great so far. No issues. I plan on donating some cash to dosdude.

not an LX issue in general, but one you're having. maybe someone here can help? meanwhile, the HS alphabetical issue is fixed, and my templates (for example) are again in order...)

Well thanx for getting back to me. I completely deleted the app and reinstalled and now it works. I customized some default templates and they changed the layout of the template picker menu and probably some things at deeper level. Any way, it's all sorted out.

I'm having the same issue. Restart was no help. Even tried recreating my templates from scratch. No effect. I'd rather not have to reinstall Logic in order to use templates.

Well thanx for getting back to me. I completely deleted the app and reinstalled and now it works. I customized some default templates and they changed the layout of the template picker menu and probably some things at deeper level. Any way, it's all sorted out.

I'm having the same issue. Restart was no help. Even tried recreating my templates from scratch. No effect. I'd rather not have to reinstall Logic in order to use templates.

Never mind. Figured it out. My custom Logic themes are causing it. I'll get in touch with the guy who puts them out.

Has anyone nailed down any system specific conditions as to whether or not someone gets to experience the GUI lag on the vintage EQ's ? If it turns out that it's something as simple as Sierra v High Sierra for instance, i might upgrade finally. I love, love the sound of the Console and Tube EQ's, but the lag makes it very difficult to adjust.

pre 2012 computers graphics cards wont show the fancy spectrum. please write Apple and request a spectrum like the Logic eq spectrum as an addition for those of us who have no spectrum on Chromaverb.

i have the same issue with the chroma verb and my mac is a mid 2012 12 core so it must be 2013 models and after I'm guessing .... looks like I might just upgrade my graphics card as the rest of the machine is still running like a dream .

"There are now key commands to open Audio and MIDI plug-ins from specific insert slots on the currently focused track."

THIIS IS INCREDIBLY AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, unfortunately I believe that the key command to open MIDI plug-ins is NOT working.

Anyone could tell me what MIDI faders are/do (compared to regular faders (event/object)), as those seem to be something newly dealt with by LPX 10.4, according to this release notes excerpt (13th item listed in the Other Enhancements section):

• Transformer, Transform Window, Environment Faders and Step Editor can now edit MIDI fader events.

neat-o.

Have you figured out yet?

Anyone could tell me what MIDI faders are/do (compared to regular faders (event/object)), as those seem to be something newly dealt with by LPX 10.4, according to this release notes excerpt (13th item listed in the Other Enhancements section):

• Transformer, Transform Window, Environment Faders and Step Editor can now edit MIDI fader events.

neat-o.

Have you figured out yet?

Nope!

I'm kind of stunned that none of this board's gurus chimed in yet... :(