10.4.2 update released

Multispace

It works with some parameters but not all? For example I can't make it work with Volume automation. It doesn't make much sense to me anyway that a parameter can have two different values at the same point in time. :shock:

I think this is to avoid the pain to destroy the next node when moving fast .

In my gif, it's volume automation ...

It works with some parameters but not all? For example I can't make it work with Volume automation. It doesn't make much sense to me anyway that a parameter can have two different values at the same point in time. :shock:

...and now I can make it work with volume automation. Hmmm... ever since I've been trying to test these new behaviors I've been getting different results... all in a new empty project. Weird. :shock:

It's just very finicky. For some reason currently I'm working on a track and I can have two simultaneous volume automation points in one place in one bar but not in the next bar, where I have to zoom in much closer in order to have the two points vertically aligned.

Okay, I think I've got it (tested with Modulation).

Click the node, then hold down alt. Drag the node to the node you want a vertical position with, then drag the node up or down to where you want it.

EDIT: It sometimes looks like the node hasn't dragged, but it's still there 'on top' of the other one.

Don't get it. With "alt" it just duplicate the dragged node for me ...

The alt/copy method seems to be the only way I can get it to work.

I'm confident you're mistaken. Try experimenting again. Alt is for copying, and does change the result you get depending on what exactly is selected and where it's copied. But there should be no need to hold down Alt to place a point at the vertical of another.

Here's how it works for me:

http://www.jonathanwrightmusic.com/Image_Hosting/Drag.gif

Dragging a node without 'alt' behaves as it did previously.

Is it with snap on ?

Yes, snap is on.

Just taken a look at the Groove3 video and he demonstrates it there by just dragging, as we'd all expect. Something is a bit screwy.

Here's how it works for me:

(...)

Dragging a node without 'alt' behaves as it did previously.

So it's buggy. But note that when holding alt you're not moving your control point, you're making a copy of the point and moving the copy. Maybe why it doesn't behave exactly the same. I completely agree there's something screwy about all this. Too bad.

Question: What should you do when updating if you've already moved your LPX sound library to an external drive using symbolic linker? Thanks!

+1. When I open the "Relocate Sound Library", the drive where I have it installed (symlinked to) is grayed out, which is where I'd want it to be 'officially' relocated by this new feature.

Most of the sound library is on Samples (symlinked), where I want it to be officially now that Logic can eliminate the need for symlinks. It's grayed out as a choice, and I don't have the room on the SSD to temporarily move it back to be re-recognized. Edited by macmuse