10.4.2 update released

Multispace

This latest update basically erased all my custom keycommands (I have my own profile name populated with default key commands), midi regions often overlap instead of snapping properly on the grid (I make a 4-bar region, I repeat it, then in the middle of the project I see certain parts overlapped - drives me mad!!) and now the automation selector inside the midi region (which previously was updated automatically with whichever knob I turned) does not update automatically. Also the cycle, no matter what setting I use, either catches notes outside the loop zone, either doesnt properly catch first notes and region automation parameters. This update broke bread & butter things I use :(

This latest update basically erased all my custom keycommands (I have my own profile name populated with default key commands), midi regions often overlap instead of snapping properly on the grid (I make a 4-bar region, I repeat it, then in the middle of the project I see certain parts overlapped - drives me mad!!) and now the automation selector inside the midi region (which previously was updated automatically with whichever knob I turned) does not update automatically. Also the cycle, no matter what setting I use, either catches notes outside the loop zone, either doesnt properly catch first notes and region automation parameters. This update broke bread & butter things I use :(

try rebooting? reinstalling? doesn't sound right (nothing like that happening here). & you can always restore your key commands from a backup (they're in Home>Music>Audio Music Apps>Key Commands)...

Well, as I said, the file saved there it is named as I named it but the contents is Logic's own default key commands so nothing to restore from (well, I did not update my laptop so is all there, but the point I am trying to make is that Logic simply cleaned that file). Reboots daily, reinstalled once, same things happen. Never had this kind of issues with Logic until now. On desktop I run High Sierra HFS+ but I doubt this is the problem. System running fine, if some sort of corrupution occurs I should see it in other apps too. I'll finish the current project and most likely downgrade.

FWIW, I'm happy with 10.4.2 so far. No huge surprises yet.

One huge bonus. It's back to being able to keep multiple versions under different names. That had stopped working in 10.4.1 but now it's possible to keep older versions and ones patched with different looking "themes" at the standby. Before installing 10.4.2 SAVE YOUR PREVIOUS VERSIONS under different names. I guess 10.4.1 gets the default executable name ;-)

Very significantly for me, the hacks that I have to apply with each version, namely 1) pasting an old FW-1884.bundle into /MIDI Device Plug-ins so that I can use my Tascam Firewire FW-1884 control surface over Network MIDI, and 2) hand editing the config.lua in AKAI MPK88.device so Logic doesn't appropriate all its faders and buttons, work as they did in 10.4.1 and previous versions. Glad they're not redoing working code all over.

Well, as I said, the file saved there it is named as I named it but the contents is Logic's own default key commands so nothing to restore from (well, I did not update my laptop so is all there, but the point I am trying to make is that Logic simply cleaned that file). Reboots daily, reinstalled once, same things happen. Never had this kind of issues with Logic until now. On desktop I run High Sierra HFS+ but I doubt this is the problem. System running fine, if some sort of corrupution occurs I should see it in other apps too. I'll finish the current project and most likely downgrade.

check under Logic Pro X>key commands: make sure your custom set is selected there. and perhaps someone else here has suggestions; again, your issues aren't typical, so something's up...

Weird stuff happening. I installed the previous version of Logic from the backup (essentially I overwritten the app), then reinstalled the latest version (4th time was the lucky one). I'd say everything works. I've restored the keycommands file from the laptop, the only thing I lost are various settings (like the checkboxes in Record and Mix menus). Overall, I'm almost 100% recovered so thank you all for chipping in. Still no idea what could have done such level of corruption (and olny for Logic) but for the moment it works as expected. Cheers!

Weird stuff happening. I installed the previous version of Logic from the backup (essentially I overwritten the app), then reinstalled the latest version (4th time was the lucky one). I'd say everything works. I've restored the keycommands file from the laptop, the only thing I lost are various settings (like the checkboxes in Record and Mix menus). Overall, I'm almost 100% recovered so thank you all for chipping in. Still no idea what could have done such level of corruption (and olny for Logic) but for the moment it works as expected. Cheers!

glad u got it sorted; whatever happened, impressive that you stayed with it (4 installs!)

Hello forum, first time poster here!

10.4.2 release notes says that "It is now possible to address a Send directly to an Output".

Problem is I can't make it happen. There's no "Output" in the popup menu, just "Bus".

Does it have to be switched on from somewhere? Or have I misunderstood it?

Thanks!

Hello forum, first time poster here!

10.4.2 release notes says that "It is now possible to address a Send directly to an Output".

Problem is I can't make it happen. There's no "Output" in the popup menu, just "Bus".

Does it have to be switched on from somewhere? Or have I misunderstood it?

Thanks!

When you click on a send to instance it, do you not now see something similar to this? Screen%20Shot%202018-10-17%20at%2012.02.05%20PM.png?dl=0

1192222908_ScreenShot2018-10-17at12_02_05PM.png.fefd79d19595a69f419f45ecb6138b06.png

I don't see these Outputs either on my sends. Could be that I'm on my Macbook now and that it maybe only shows up if you have more than 2 physical outputs on your sound interface.

Mark

I'm not seeing those, no. But this could be the reason for me too. I'll have to test it when back in studio.

I never realized you couldn’t do that. I’ve always just sent them to a traditional bus track and routed that to a separate output (than the main stereo out pair). Seems kind of like a non feature.

So every time you needed to send a signal to an output you needed to use a Bus and an Aux channel strip. It was clunky, convoluted and unnecessary. You can now bypass those and save up on your bus/aux counts by routing the send directly to an output.

I never realized you couldn’t do that. I’ve always just sent them to a traditional bus track and routed that to a separate output (than the main stereo out pair). Seems kind of like a non feature.

So every time you needed to send a signal to an output you needed to use a Bus and an Aux channel strip. It was clunky, convoluted and unnecessary. You can now bypass those and save up on your bus/aux counts by routing the send directly to an output.

Great news ! I agree David, Indeed a fantastic feature I can use, and everyone who wants to do Out Of The Box Analog mixes on a regular basis !

Great news ! I agree David, Indeed a fantastic feature I can use, and everyone who wants to do Out Of The Box Analog mixes on a regular basis !

I relocated through logic to my external thunderbolt drive, but the library content etc still seems to be on my internal drive too?? it didn't seem to free up any space? any help appreciated. thanks Jon

if you're sure the logic is seeing the content on the external drive, you need to delete it from your internal; logic would not do that on it's own...

I relocated through logic to my external thunderbolt drive, but the library content etc still seems to be on my internal drive too?? it didn't seem to free up any space? any help appreciated. thanks Jon

if you're sure the logic is seeing the content on the external drive, you need to delete it from your internal; logic would not do that on it's own...

No, there's nothing to delete.

If Logic was able to move the folders, the original location now has a symbolic link to the new destination.

Check the original location, do you see a folder or a symbolic link?

No, there's nothing to delete.

If Logic was able to move the folders, the original location now has a symbolic link to the new destination.

Check the original location, do you see a folder or a symbolic link?

Also, keep in mind that (intentionally) Logic will not move everything to an external drive. Some data are meant to remain in the default installation location on the system drive.