10.4.2 update released

Multispace

There is still some files on the main hard drive as you see, and the rest is on Samples. However I can't select Samples as a relocation point. So how do you mean I should try installing a bit of the library?

Choose Logic Pro X > Sound Library > Open Sound Library Manager, select a small bit of content and install it.

It was all installed already, so doing so did nothing.

I wonder if I delete the symlinks, then it shouldn't know where anything is installed?? then I can just reinstall everything IF it lets me choose a target drive. I just don't know if it will let me choose the drive or try to install it on the internal SSD.

But what I mean is that the manager window shows that everything is already installed, so I cannot just select one thing and have it reinstall it, because since it already is, clicking the install button does nothing.

ARGH! Annoying. I was hoping clicking the install button would actually reinstall the files. Well you could try to find and remove the install receipts or remove some of the files, or continue moving all the MacHD files onto the external as you had started... but in my opinion you're probably better off reinstalling the entire library – if the speed of your internet connection allows it.

I think so too.

I found a little problem along the way though with this update. When I open a project, the sounds are all a'blazing before I even hit play. Tried another one using Omnisphere which I couldn't shut off the tones, even disabling the plugin didn't work. So I removed it and reinstantiated it only to find it now making odd growls and static. Usually I save the last version of Logic but this time I didn't...will have to grab it from TimeMachine I guess until this settles down. Are your projects opening properly with no craziness?

That's good. I found another thing: Scupture. Upon clicking Play, it makes a squeak (before the actual MIDI notes start). Then when soloed, it makes a banging sound on the beat even when transport is paused. I am hoping this version is not incompatible with my AMT8 because it seems like some strange MIDI buffer thing going on. Edited by macmuse

screenshot_438.png

Most of the sound library is on Samples (symlinked), where I want it to be officially now that Logic can eliminate the need for symlinks. It's grayed out as a choice, and I don't have the room on the SSD to temporarily move it back to be re-recognized.

I'm wondering if the symbolic link needs to be "undone" before Logic can figure out how to use the same external drive (the drive the symbolic link pointed to). Will have to mess around with this later... the pain of progress!

There is something really messed up with my MIDI here. I've reinstalled drivers, restarted, relaunched, and reset the MIDI. There are echo-y "booms" when trying to save. When I launch a project, it starts streaming notes (blaring) without even hitting play, when I enable record, it records some random note that I didn't even press and adds a long list of data. See pic.

screenshot_439.thumb.png.eb6e502dfff3f91415901d1048f3656d.png

As far as the library on external disk issue goes, i have had it on another HD for a long time, with the symbolic link. Booting up 10.4.2, it reports the whole sound library installed with nothing missing. So I don't know why others are finding different experiences, but it does work as expected here without changing anything. Maybe delete and reinstall your symbolic link might be worth a try.

Another thing : Since when updating 4.1 to 4.2 there are 500 mg of new sound to download, is there a way to know in details *exactly* what sounds it is ?

Because it's not easy reminding the total content of the sound manager.

Yeah! An extra dose of cool sound!! :mrgreen:

I must admit I noticed that too - I'm not sure what it says about us :)

As far as the library on external disk issue goes, i have had it on another HD for a long time, with the symbolic link. Booting up 10.4.2, it reports the whole sound library installed with nothing missing. So I don't know why others are finding different experiences, but it does work as expected here without changing anything. Maybe delete and reinstall your symbolic link might be worth a try.

I also have the symlink. When I opened the Sound Library Manager the Select All Uninstalled was greyed out. Then I clicked Sound Library>Download All Available Sounds and 500 mb started to download. I could tell by right clicking on the progress bar in the transport.