Logic Studio 9!

thindave

Drum replacer? Great, what happened to hiring a good drummer and using good mics, techniques, and good drums. I could just hit some pots and pans and sample replace them all, LAME!

Don't be so radical.

Drum Replacer looks like a very nice function for when you can't hire a great drummer, you can't use good mics, you don't have the appropriate recording technique and don't have great drums... or even if you want to be creative.

It's a tool.

As any other tool is to be used with good sense, good taste and when needed.

LOL! I wasn't trying to be SO radical. I just had to say something, cause I'm a drummer, ha. I use a similar technique to replace my own drums for efx or to fatten or to double. Didn't mean to sound radical.

Well, I'm a drummer too.

;)

You've tried?

I read on one of the Apple discussion threads that it is still UB, but not supported on PPC.So it should work!

I have not heard of anyone actually trying it yet though.

If it would work (but just not be supported) on PPC, I wonder if that is also true of Tiger? Would be great to be able to use 9 without having to jump to 10.5, only to have to reinstall all over again when 10.6 arrives.

ERIC,

Can you post how the upgrade went. I am going to be installing mine shortly. Any feedback would be appreciated. Did you install it on a cloned drive first, etc.?

BTW - Thanks a bunch for all your posts on L9.

The Installation went smoothly. Nothing strange, but be sure to check all the boxes you want, some things are not selected by default.

I made a clone of my Drive with Super Duper before i installed.

I did not use my XS-key, even thou I had an update version. It seems that it's

only nessesary when installing from 5 6 7 or maybe when doing a clean install.

All 3rd part plug-ins work.

Seems really stable.

Go for it but make a backup first just to be safe!

Thanks Eric. I am cloning as we speak.

I heard that it keeps version 8 on the mac, and installs version 9 seperately. Is it true you can run both versions?

If so, Can you tell it to not keep the older version? Hard drive space can be an issue for sure.

Just throwing this out there so all can benefit. :)

Thanks Eric. I am cloning as we speak.

I heard that it keeps version 8 on the mac, and installs version 9 seperately. Is it true you can run both versions?

Yes I have an application in my folder called Logic Pro 8 but I am not going to use it.

If so, Can you tell it to not keep the older version? Hard drive space can be an issue for sure.

Just throwing this out there so all can benefit. :)

I did not see any way to do this in the installer but you can simply throw L8 away.

Wonderful!

I install the DVD and enter my info. SERIAL NUMBER INVALID.....

I'm looking right at the F^%&ing label from my Logic 8 Install S/N.

Tried it a few times.

dashes entered correctly, blah, blah .....

Looks like a call to Apple support right off the bat.

Geeez!

Good news on the academic pricing front:

On the keyboard magazine forum someone confirmed that the price for the academic version is $149, not $449 as someone here had said yesterday. I guess the confusion arose from this fact: if you order it online, it's $449. If you obtain from a brick and mortar University bookstore, it's $149.

I'm having my brother order it for me pronto.

Wonderful!

I install the DVD and enter my info. SERIAL NUMBER INVALID.....

I'm looking right at the F^%&ing label from my Logic 8 Install S/N.

Tried it a few times.

dashes entered correctly, blah, blah .....

Looks like a call to Apple support right off the bat.

Geeez!

Why aren't you using the one for Logic 9?

Mighty fine question there Eric.

Did not even see the one for 9. I was reading the install getting started as having to use the one for 8. Didn't even look at the small manuals. Pre-read everything online. So much for preparing !!

I really feel like a buffoon. Got it working now though.

I need to take a deep breath and relax :oops:

Mighty fine question there Eric.

Did not even see the one for 9. I was reading the install getting started as having to use the one for 8. Didn't even look at the small manuals. Pre-read everything online. So much for preparing !!

I really feel like a buffoon. Got it working now though.

I need to take a deep breath and relax :oops:

Make some coffee or tea and take a break.

The installation is long but sweat-less.

some nice touches here...'bounce in place' is getting me pretty horny...'twill really revolutionise the way i work 'in the box'....just a shame i have to get leopard and this.....and even more of a shame that i don't have the money for either

:(

Good news on the academic pricing front:

On the keyboard magazine forum someone confirmed that the price for the academic version is $149, not $449 as someone here had said yesterday. I guess the confusion arose from this fact: if you order it online, it's $449. If you obtain from a brick and mortar University bookstore, it's $149.

I'm having my brother order it for me pronto.

i bet e-bay will have a good bit of people selling the 149 price =)

Eric/Lagerfeldt...

During the install...does it OVERWRITE all your saved ChannelStrips, KeyCommands, etc (or anything else in your USER folder???) Custom Icons???

or..does it recognize you have a folder structure of customs stuff and just add to it??