Logic Studio 9!

thindave

We actually tried the second one first. I installed the system (os, logic and all) on a FW drive and booted from it. NOT ONE overload in any of my projects, including the test projects that were 100% reproducible. I was amazed by that, and for a long time lived with the internal laptop drive being my data drive and my FW drive being my system drive, but eventually I got sick of it and tried option 1.

Wait a minute! This is a pretty big deal, especially to be buried in such a nice, deep, thorough post.

Very cool, though I suppose these benefits would have been offset by slower Mac performance in general, and other types of limits in Logic, such as more limited track counts?

It's sounds like a cheap upgrade...... $199 for Logic and only $3,000 for a new Mac.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, your Mac IS at least four years old...and whatever you buy IntelMac-wise WILL be more powerful than your current machine. And, unless you throw down for a loaded Mac Pro, it will be more like $1500, not $3000. Or $1100 for a good iMac, or $1000 for a MacBookPro. Heck, a $500 Mac Mini will be more powerful than what you've got now.

So, I hear you. But let's not blow things out of proportion. 8)

And for the chap complaining about how he just bought all those MacProVideo tutorials for Logic 8 at half price because they were about to upgrade to 9 but he didn't know it:

Martin Sitter's new Core Logic 101, Logic 9, is FREE for people who have previously purchased the Logic 8 tutorial:

http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101

SWEET!!

I love those guys over there. :D

anybody just got the prokit update???? (software update from apple)

can you see what the update has done anywhere?

anybody>?????? :roll:

So far i'm getting one system overload after the other on documents that performed fine before. :(

ProKit is only used to draw dialogs like the file selector, etc. - it has nothing to do with audio, MIDI, etc. processing.

More Info:

• Set the number of backups directly from Logic.

• Choose the default Stereo Output so it no longer automatically generates 1-2 every time you create a new track. Also with a mirroring option.

• Auto-Colorize Takes, will change the colors automatically of every sequential take wile recording.

It's sounds like a cheap upgrade...... $199 for Logic and only $3,000 for a new Mac.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And, unless you throw down for a loaded Mac Pro, it will be more like $1500, not $3000. Or $1100 for a good iMac, or $1000 for a MacBookPro. Heck, a $500 Mac Mini will be more powerful than what you've got now.

These are the prices in Australia. Definitely not as affordable as the US.

Also had a look at the 24" iMac but doubling the ram adds another $1,700 to the price taking it to $4,199.

155562547_Picture2.png.0743b2bfffbc5972e273f5fd66b4f2b7.png

Edited by buzwah

And, unless you throw down for a loaded Mac Pro, it will be more like $1500, not $3000. Or $1100 for a good iMac, or $1000 for a MacBookPro. Heck, a $500 Mac Mini will be more powerful than what you've got now.

These are the prices in Australia. Definitely not as affordable as the US.

Also had a look at the 24" iMac but doubling the ram adds another $1,700 to the price taking it to $4,199.

Well, if you're talking Aussie Dollars, that's something entirely different. But hey, don't get your RAM from Apple when you buy the Mac, get it from http://www.macsales.com. WAY cheaper. I think 4GB for a MacBookPro right now is about $50 US.

Let me get this straight: If I had a mac mini I could use Logic PRO 9 but with my PPC dual G5 I'm out of luck? Well I might as well go PRO with my Mac Mini studio!

Cheers Apple!

The thing is the new minis blow your Dual G5 away.

Unfortunately I can't use my UAD card with the Mac Mini and the UAD blows any Logic plug away. I'll probably get a new tower down the road with the UAD-2.

No mac mini.

this is a nice surprise. but for me, i still have 200,000 pages and 600 hours of L8 tutorials to pour through. I'll wait another year or so and get another laptop all fresh and loaded with a new os.

i have 10.4.11 already with a ton of crap on it

....and yeah to a previous poster..the beatles *and* zeppelin did pretty good with 2-4-8 tracks LOL

Being a total tard..I bought 8 like 45 days ago..NOW 9 comes out. You gotta be kidding me. I even asked the apple rep if a newer version was coming out.

Wonder if there is a deal for those who just bought 8 ???

Yes i too, just bought 8 like 2 weeks ago.....its so painful.

I spent well over 90 minutes on the phone with the people at various Apple support call centers. What I basically got out of it was that I should go talk to the store where I purchased it from and see if there's anything they're willing to do for me, otherwise I'm SOL. The guy on the Logic line they transferred me to contact apple.com/feedback and he said that maybe if enough people were vocal about it something might be done.

I was also told by all four of those separate call people that they didn't even know that new version of Logic was coming out until today, as Apple is "tight-lipped so that they can stay ahead of the competition." I guess I'm going to be tight walleted then, since I'll not upgrade until Logic 10 comes out and I won't buy my new Mac until next year either, after they release the new models so I don't get burned on that too. :(

i bought logic pro 7.2 at 1000 dollars 9 months before logic studio.. that REALLY hurted... the school where i used to tech to got me logic studio 8 and that is what i had and love since the first day... lucky for me, i still have MY logic 7.2 proof of purchase so i can get my logic studio 9 copy for 200 bucks!!! ( as soon as snow leopard comes out, i dont want to install and re install...) the only thing missing is a decent vocal tuner, i hope this one works well with melodyne and that bounce in place thing Edited by rvega