Logic Studio 9!

thindave

http://www.peachpit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137108

Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9

David Nahmani

This updated Apple-certified guide shows you how to record, edit, mix, and polish music files. Veteran music producer David Nahmani’s step-by-step instructions teach you everything from basic music creation to advanced production techniques using Logic’s software synthesizers, samplers, and digital signal processors.

Addition from Apple (release date):

“Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9” by David

Nahmani

9/25/09

Edited by Alex Alimkin

I wonder if the fader is still 128 steps... I hope not :(

I'm also concerned about this! Can anybody confirm it please?

This is somewhat a misconception.

Logic supports 1024 steps of volume (10 bit)

But you have to use the Automation Track Header or even better an external controller.

Yes I know that but I want to do it by dragging the fader using a mouse. I don't want to use an external physical controller or open the automation view each time I make fine fader adjustment. Other DAW allows a user to do it by holding down the Shift key and dragging the fader.

didnt have time to do any more than just skim thru the first pages of this yesterday, i come back today thinking i'll read it with the 10 minutes i have to spare... only to discover its now 5 times longer! and while reading it another page appears!

shame its all just moaning and whining tho: i understand that 4 some ppl some standard elements have been missing from logic while other DAWs have implemented them, but mostly these seem to have been incorporated into L9, so whats the problem?

at the end of the day no one is forcing u to buy it

i'm happy with L8. got no bugs or other problems. totally stable. does what i need. so, while i could no doubt have fun with some of the new toys in L9, i aint in any rush to upgrade right now.

http://www.peachpit.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=137108

Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9

David Nahmani

This updated Apple-certified guide shows you how to record, edit, mix, and polish music files. Veteran music producer David Nahmani’s step-by-step instructions teach you everything from basic music creation to advanced production techniques using Logic’s software synthesizers, samplers, and digital signal processors.

Addition from Apple (release date):

“Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9” by David

Nahmani

9/25/09

I guessed correctly in another thread then! :wink:

Must wait! Buy popcorn! Watch the brave souls jump in the deep end! MUST WAIT!!!!!! :!: :!:

This is somewhat a misconception.

Logic supports 1024 steps of volume (10 bit)

But you have to use the Automation Track Header or even better an external controller.

Would you kindly elaborate?

Read this first:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=34749

Then try to click and drag the numbers on the Track Automation Header.

Fer cryin' out loud!!!! I took a little look last night at this here hootenanny, and now, looking this morning, thanks to having to read all this mumbo jumbo, I'm an hour late to the studio. Curses!

Hmmmm. Upgrade makes me feel good. Seeing this much hubub makes me feel good. I like using a platform that has lots of excitable users... increases the the support from Apple (although not without complaints of course. I'm a musician. It's my job to complain and kvetch!)

Different features for different types... I like the idea of the flex time and audio quantizing, for more than drums. (placing foley/recorded percussion on specific beats... which I do a lot of in me cartoon music... yeah kids. big potential time saver)

mmmm selective track import

mmmmmmmm new take folder editing capabilities

mmmmmmmmmmm bouncy bouncy options!!!!!

ROCK.

Hoping it works on a PPC... My Intel is at my studio, but my PPC G5 is at home, and I like to be able to do some editing at home, or my poor wife may never see me.

Fortunately I'm broke right now. Otherwise, I would probably do something brash and order L9 before der kinks got worked out.

Holy smokes! I gotta get to work. Yikes!

It amazes me the number of people ragging on the Guitar Amps, Cabinets. The comparison to Line 6, Guitar Rig, etc... goes like this-

For about the same price Line 6 and Guitar Rig fail to give you flex time, multi-track audio / midi recording, drum replacement- ad infinitum...

As a guitarist forced into key-boredom by the necessities of the technology, I think I'm picking up by box again... :)

Apple's chess game, to conquer the world it wants to, is one of the best.

Pro Tools better do something pretty amazing, like invent time travel or give away free hardware.

If "revolution" #9 is as great as is advertised, with the normal bugs to be worked out with a few upgrades in a "timely fashion", then PT has truly lost all leverage in the pro audio world.

I have been switched to Logic 8 for 6 months now almost fully,

Though I still have to go back to PT for major surgical editing that can't afford the time and lack of accuracy it takes me in Logic.

Also, PT is still more solid and reliable as a recording engine.

I still haven't gotten my head around getting the best levels coming in w/ L8.