Free plug-ins

Maybe because this is a Logic Forum and Logic doesn't accept vsts.

And don't try to sell me the adapter, i bought it and it's just ridiculously glichy.

I'm not trying to sell it, you can get it for free from Cycling '74. And my plug-ins do work in Logic. It's the DAW I wrote them for, it's how I tested them, and it's how I run them now. The Runtime acts as a wrapper between the VST and the AU (among others) formats, allowing people to write software that will work in VST, RTAS and AU hosts without having to rewrite everything every time.

• 2 weeks later...
kraze, there is no wrapper involved, in the sense you're thinking (VST to AudioUnit). There is instead an AudioUnit version of the Pluggo runtime library. This enables Pluggo plugins to run as AudioUnits.

Ah, late night, didn't read anything, sorry. Anywhoo, nice work there, nice to see some max/msp projects that has such straight forward interfaces yet does alot of things other doesn't. The more stuff like this I see the less prone I am to finish up my own patches, haha.

Hey Archy,

That ADT plugin is awesome man, thanks for the link.

I got in from a gig late last night and installed it on my Mac to test. Broke out the 414 and laid down some scat vocals, but I had to pass out before really trying out the ADT plug.

This morning I went to the computer, Logic was still running, so I pressed play (spacing that I had an instance of the ADT plug on the vox track) and scratched my head thinking: What the f*%@ is different with this vox? It sounds great, but I hadn't done my normal processing on it (manual double tracking, pitching & panning) and was getting a very decent sound right off the bat - then I realized the ADT plugin was on and getting damned close to what I do by hand to a vox track.

Very cool indeed.

thx

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Archy,

That ADT plugin is awesome man, thanks for the link...

thx

Thank you for the feedback, glad you find it interesting 8)

I'll try on vocals too :wink:

Shame i didnt get it to work on my system :-/.

Back to the 1997

Northpole AU !

why didn't it work?

i didn't think it was working at first, it didnt show up. then i realised i was trying to put it on a stereo track, so i did a mono track. and it showed up! and worked! :)

• 2 weeks later...

As a person who got Logic not to long ago this has been a great list to build up on AU's to use.

Crystal, by Green Oak is AMAZING. I've since figured out how to really use it, and all is good with that. I would suggest it to anyone who was looking for a soft synth.

Also, I downloaded Zoyd, by U-he, found here :http://www.u-he.com/zoyd/ and I put it all in the right folder and Logic won't recognize it, and by the website it's not entirely clear if it's UB or not. But I downloaded SynthTest and that loads it fine, so I don't know what the deal is.

As a person who got Logic not to long ago this has been a great list to build up on AU's to use.

Crystal, by Green Oak is AMAZING. I've since figured out how to really use it, and all is good with that. I would suggest it to anyone who was looking for a soft synth.

Also, I downloaded Zoyd, by U-he, found here :http://www.u-he.com/zoyd/ and I put it all in the right folder and Logic won't recognize it, and by the website it's not entirely clear if it's UB or not. But I downloaded SynthTest and that loads it fine, so I don't know what the deal is.

it`s not UB, it`s really old.

you can check this by right clicking on the component and choosing information.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm new here and would like to know where I should download these plugins so that I can find them in Logic.

I tried downloading from the greenoak.com page and thought I was supposed to drop the *.vst files into the library>.....>vst folder, but I wasn't able to find it in any of the pulldown menus where all the other plugins are on the channel strips in Logic.

Any suggestions? I am new to this so thanks for your patience with asking this here.

Jason

Hey guys,

I'm new here and would like to know where I should download these plugins so that I can find them in Logic.

I tried downloading from the greenoak.com page and thought I was supposed to drop the *.vst files into the library>.....>vst folder, but I wasn't able to find it in any of the pulldown menus where all the other plugins are on the channel strips in Logic.

Any suggestions? I am new to this so thanks for your patience with asking this here.

Jason

Logic does not support VST files without a converter plug-in. There's a big chance many VSTs are not universal binaries so they won't work with an Intel Mac, anyway. Just download the AU ones.

Hey Kent,

Thanks. Yes I have a brand new intel MBP. So if I am able to download "AU ones", where do they go? How do I find them in Logic?

Good plug-ins have their own installer that takes care of it. Otherwise, drop them into /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/.

Also, I would recommend doing a search about this on this forum. Suspect this has been mentioned thousands of times by now. Or use Google and get the same info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've heard really great things about http://SF2Midi.com if someone could explain how sound fonts work lol. I can't successfully download them :(

you can play sf2 files through the logic sampler. i put mine in a folder i call soundfont samples in the following location:

user/library/application support/logic/soundfont samples

they just show up in EXS24 with all of the other presets. that is a good site too, have gotten some good soundfonts there (love the casio stuff and the analog stuff).

• 1 month later...