Free plug-ins

jordito, have you got the harmony box working correctly in logic? I am having issues with it playing back from midi regions.

Im on logic 9.1.3 32bit, I can get it to play whilst the playhead is moving and there is no midi region on the track, but as soon as i try to record or draw something in its stops emitting sound.

It's monophonic.

J.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
not sure if its legal or even possible but if anyone knows or can give me the already free plugin of rough rider that is compatable with mac os10.4.8...i'd appreciate. Not sure if that's even possible..? thank you and soory if Im being out of line.

not sure if its legal or even possible but if anyone knows or can give me the already free plugin of rough rider that is compatable with mac os10.4.8...i'd appreciate. Not sure if that's even possible..? thank you and soory if Im being out of line.

You mean the Audio Damage Rough Rider compressor plug-in? The one that's free and is Universal Binary (remember? :wink: ), which means you can run it on both Intel and PPC machines and it's found here?

J.

i read the requirement was 10.5 and above.

I missed that!

If the manufacturer states that the minimum requirement is 10.5 (even if it's UB), that's a different story...was there ever a version of that plug that worked with 10.4.x? I remember it being pretty recent...

Edit: Wait a second...where did you read that?

The OSX versions are Universal Binaries, and require OSX

10.4.0 or later.

J.

Hey I downloaded the Crystal synth and installed but I can't find it anywhere on my computer. spotlight cant find it either. does anyone know its location?

Spotlight won't find files or folders that are within the library folders unless you define a search that includes "system files". The plugin itself (Audio Unit version) will be in the components folder in either of these locations:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components ("~" represents your home directory.)

Then there may be additional files (presets and such) in the application support folder(s). If i remember correctly, the installer for this plugins puts those files within a folder with the name "Green Oak" (The name of the developer's company).

J.

over at my nephews...he's got garageband...intel mac computer os 10.5.8. we downloaded crystal soft synth from greenoak. we installed via the installer got the component file in the lib/audio/plugins folder and also one in the vst folder. we then restarted the mac ..opened garageband...opened a software piano...scrolled AU until we found Crystal...got these messages...how do you contact the manufacturer??? whats wrong?

285513958_Crystalerrors.png.c6b8d79baa9c5c10300ea177394a1be7.png

sorry dont mean to be a pest i tried to contact lowcoders.com to no avail. looking for a copy of king dubby that will work with mac os10.4.8 PPC (NON INTEL)Thank you!

I don't believe it was ever compatible with anything less than 10.4.11:

http://www.lowcoders.fr/2008/10/19/kingdubby-audio-unit-152-released.html

Update to 10.4.11?

J.

• 1 month later...

Zebralette is now freeware: www.u-he.com/cms/zebralette

Molot Compressor: http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/downloads/ This sounds awesome on drums (electronic and acoustic).

MAutoPitch and MOscillator have been added to the collection of very useful freeware plug-ins from: www.meldaproduction.com/freevstplugins/

Cyanide 2.0 from: http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=3 is not a new plug-in. But I suggested it to a friend of mine who wanted to start out with some freeware before dropping big money on any plug-in bundles.

I was pleasantly reminded how filthy this plug-in can sound, whether pushed lightly or "into the red". It also worked without any problems on a new iMac with 10.6.7 and Logic 9.1.4.

- xpander